This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Misaviv Hebrew Calendar

Nemia
Sage

Misaviv Hebrew Calendar

Post by Nemia »

Look what I discovered! A circular Hebrew calendar. It looks wonderful. The Hebrew New Year starts today, and I have to have this calendar! Have a look here or here, or here in an interview with the man behind the project.

You will recognize the iconography! Kislev, Sagittarius, the rainbow - in Hebrew, the association is clear, because Sagittarius kashat (the bow-shooter) and keshet be-anan (bow in the clouds) means rainbow.

kislev.jpg

And look at Nisan, the spring month with the Tree of Life:

nisan.jpg

there's an explanation how to use it:

how to use.jpeg

I'd love to have it but unfortunately, it's only available in Canada and the USA :-( But the images are great, looking at them will have to be enough. Still, it's a wonderful idea. I love circular calendars, circular diagrams, circular anything ;-)

jewish time wheel.gif

This was the cover of the first Misaviv calendar, it's in its sixth year! The description says it's "featuring the six days of Creation and Shabbat in the center wheel, followed by the mazalot (constellations) and the banners of the tribes and finally a pictorial summary of the Torah portions of the year."

I wanted to share it even though it's not completely Kabbalah. But it shows how Kabbalah and Jewish mysticism is woven into the Jewish Year. People talk a lot about cultural appropriation these days - Christianity has borrowed a lot, a lot from Judaism, and so have esoteric non-Christian ideas.

Return to “Kabbbalah, Qabalah”