This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Autumn Equinox Readings

Join us for this 12-Day Reading to welcome the change of Season
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Autumn Equinox Readings

Post by Joan Marie »

Seems like we just did the Summer Solstice Readings and now here we are!

If you have been around the forum for a while you will be familiar with this ritual. Four times a year, at the change of season, we do a 12-day reading series, individually, together.

It can actually be pretty intense. I've done several of them now and I am always surprised at how deep it really gets.

All you have to do is choose a deck to use, then open a thread (topic) here (for the subject line, use your username and the deck you are using- or call it whatever you like) and each day between Sept 18th and Sept 29th you draw a card (or cards) and use the topic for each day to guide your reading.

That's all. Trust me when I say it all starts to fall into place as soon as you begin.

One suggestion I have is, if you have time, to look up the meanings of the individual days as you go. There is a short description here (below) for each day but if you dig a little deeper, you'll be surprised at what you can learn and how it can enhance the meaning of the day's reading for you.

if you'd like to join in, just do it! You can also reply here and let us know what deck you might be using.

BTW- you can do a reading each day or do them all at once or however you like. The idea is only for you to connect to the seasonal change and experience how it may be manifesting in you and in your life.

I hope you join us. It really is a powerful and enjoyable experience.

------

Sacred Days of Autumnal Equinox 2020

updated/corrected Sept 20th
Day 1: 18.9. Ludi Romani Games - Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration in your life, and how you can bring more joy and playfulness to yourself and others.

Day 2: 19.9. Day of Our Lady of La Salette - an apparition of the Christian Mother of God/Holy Virgin. She brings message of hope to humanity. Where is your personal source of hope and spirituality?

Day 3: 20.9. Sedna, Inuit Goddess of the Sea - This card asks you to address your fears and shadows before the winter comes, like the Inuit did in their Sedna festival.

Day 4: 21.9. Chinese Moon Festival - Today we make an offering to the moon to connect with the spirits of friends and loved ones who we are not able to be with in person. The full moon symbolises wholeness. This card asks you to consider how to span the distance we feel from others and bring them closer.

Day 5: 22.9. Autumn Equinox - Libra - Mabon - the day of perfect equilibrium. A day for two cards. What is growing in your life, what is decreasing? This two-card reading reflects the balance of your energies and, if there is imbalance, what you need to address.

Day 6: 23.9. Sukkot - This Jewish holiday celebrates the gathering of the harvest and commemorates the miraculous protection provided for the children of Israel when they left Egypt. It also honours the 6 directions. Consider the meaning of shelter and the space you are privileged to occupy.

Day 7: 24.9. Greek holiday Pyanopsia - Thanksgiving for the fruits of the sun. Wind white or purple wool around a laurel or olive branch, and hang or arrange fruit around it. These don't have to be actual fruit - you can write on a paper things that you are grateful for. What is the fruit of your past action, ripening now?

Day 8: 25.9. Holiday of Neptune - This is a card about anger and anger management. Contemplate about how you deal with negative feelings. Is there a way to tranform negative energies into positive ones, making your anger pull your carriage and drive you on?

Day 9: 26.9. Vendémiaire - month of the grape harvest in the French revolutionary calendar month. Raise your glass to your big and small achievements in the last year, either with wine or grape juice, and enjoy your success.

Day 10: 27.9. Maha Navami - a Hindu holiday celebrating goddess Durga's victory over a demon. Part of the celebrations is chanting. Reflect on a victory you want to win over the next three months, and devise a chant for it. Write it down where you can see it and envision the joy you will feel when you reach this goal.

Day 11: 28.9. Eleusinia - an ancient Greek holiday, commemorating Demeter and Persephone. She has to leave the world of of growth and abundance and descend to the realm of death. This card reflects grief, sadness and the traces of tears in your life. Acknowledge and honour them.

Day 12: 29.9. Meditrinalia - an ancient Greek holiday honoring the goddess of healing. Think about your healing process and how you can continue it. Where do you draw strength from? How can you heal and nurture yourself in the future? Pamper yourself today and close these twelve days of introspection with healing thoughts.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Autumn Equinox Readings

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, it's only a week away! I'll be there. Thinking about the deck now, probably a pippy tarot, but we'll see! Thanks for leading us!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rachelcat wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 16:56 Wow, it's only a week away!
I know, right? I just thought about it and checked the date and am glad we didn't miss it! I seriously feel like we just did the Summer one.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Oh wow. It has been 3 months! It caught up on me as well.

This sounds like the right time and place for me to get practical with the TdM after so much reading and contemplation. Me and my new CBD Tarot de Marseilles will be there. :)
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
lilbertine
Seeker

Post by lilbertine »

How beautiful! I'd love to take part... as for deck, I think we'll figure that out nearer the time :-)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm still unsure what deck I'm going to use. So often I choose one, and then on the day I switch!
Hedera
Seer

Post by Hedera »

Found this just at the right time!

I'm very much feeling the Equinox this year, so this sounds very interesting.
And I even have a few days to agonize over which deck to use! ;)
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

I thought to join in as well. We're experiencing a zombie outbreak at the moment, as if coronavirus wasn't enough. So with imminent lockdowns looming I ordered the Zombie Tarot to keep a check on what to expect.
The Dead Stork arrived today - that's right, DEAD! Looking more like a rancid vulture than a stork. I fetched my 12 gauge but it was gone by the time I got to the door.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

This is so great!
I still haven't chosen a deck, s'pose I will in the morning.

For now I will open my topic as should all of you who are participating. (open it at this link)

Just a note, even though we are all keeping separate threads, I still encourage everyone to visit each other's. Comments are welcome.

Have fun. Thanks everybody for joining in. Still time and plenty of room for more!
Hedera
Seer

Post by Hedera »

Quick question: it goes from Sept 22 on day 5, to Sept 24 on day 6...?

And then Sept 28 on day 10, Sept 21 (?) on day 11, and Sept 29 on day 12 ;)

Return to “🍁 🍂 Autumn Equinox Readings: Sept 2021 🍂 🍁”