This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

love triangle

❤️ What are they thinking? What are their intentions? Is it over? Will they call? Should I text back?
All your love and relationship questions can be asked and studied right here!
Forum rules
Forum Description: ❤️ All your Love questions in one place! ❤️

In this forum you can post readings you have done regarding love and relationship questions.These can be readings you've done for yourself or for someone else (respecting privacy of course)

**please note: this is not a space to request free readings. It is for getting feedback on your work.

All decks, all spreads and all styles and techniques can be shared here. Whenever possible, please post photos of the spread to help us understand better how you conducted your reading.

***IMPORTANT: Please do not just post a spread and ask for others to do the reading for you. This space is to get feedback on an actual reading you have completed. Provide as much detail as possible, the question, the deck you used and the positions of the cards, and your FULL INTERPRETATION of it. Please read Protocol for more information.

AND REMEMBER: If someone responds with feedback and helps you with your reading, it is only polite to acknowledge it and return feedback. It is this back-and-forth that makes this forum work. Thank you so much now enjoy! ❤️
pjane92
Seer

love triangle

Post by pjane92 »

Hello folks
I'm stuck in a love triangle with a man that has to do a choice between me and another woman.
I clearly told him that I won't wait after him, and that he needs to make his choice, otherwise I move on.
I asked RW for a reading
I asked for his feelings towards me
1. The Lovers
2. King of Cups
3. 3 of Cups Reversed

so the love triangle clearly shows up here with the last card, his feelings appear to be strong and genuine (the lovers sand king of cups)
then I did another reading asking the choice he'd make
if he'd choose me

and I got
1. Knight of Pentacles
2. Strength (reversed)
3. ace of Pentacles reversed

I think he will choose me but it's going to take a lot of time, and I may not be available anymore if he choses me.

and I don't want to wait after him

am I interpreting this thing right?
purlbeetle
Seeker

Re: love triangle

Post by purlbeetle »

I’m pretty new to tarot readings but I can share with you what these cards revealed for me with my last relationship.

I kept pulling the Lovers for my last boyfriend and assumed we were soulmates. Upon doing more research, I found that your description of a choice was more accurate. I use the RWS deck and the image of the Lovers card honestly scares me. The angel is clearly judging the situation (in my opinion). The man looks towards the woman and she looks up to the heavens. I don’t see a good soul connection in this card and I do believe it denotes a Karmic relationship that you will learn something from.

I did a karmic relationship spread for this same man and got reversed Ace of Pentacles as the outcome. This relationship did not end well. I found out he was lying a lot (7 of swords) and it was clear that the Ace of Pentacles was trying to tell me there is no use in believing this relationship would offer new beginnings or growth.

Strength reversed appeared for me with him to show the subconscious aspect of the relationship, which was insecurities. He never made me feel secure in this relationship, said he reciprocated my feelings but clearly did not, and I could tell he lived with a lot of insecurities within himself (as we all do but I think I’m a pretty awesome person who deserves the love I can give in return and it was apparent he did not feel the same about himself).

All in all, I found that he was not a true partner to continue with and whether I wanted to or not, I needed to move on (for 8 of cups as well with him as what I needed to do).

I hope this helps a bit.
merlina
Seer

Post by merlina »

Hi.The man wants to be respected and seems to be in control.However,the proud King of Cups who always keeps his cool, is forced to choose (VI) between two women.You don't want a threesome ("sexual trio",Three of Cups/Hearts in rev.).The knight's motto is:"slow and steady wins the race". He's never in a hurry and the knight of pentacles slowly and cautiously moves along.How could someone possess a star? The lion/king does not like to be controlled by women (Strength in rev).The knight of pentacles won't be forced to lightly and hurriedly give away his treasure ("jade" i.e "strength/semen", symbolized by the valuable Ace of pentacles in rev.) The Lovers card is carnal-minded. Major arcanum XIV is more spiritual(long-lasting and Reciprocal love;reciprocal nourishing).
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm not sure you're taking your reversals into full account, especially in the second reading. As Merlina pointed out King of Cups is a pretty detached figure and the reversal on three of cups suggests to me that the energy is not so good. He may be looking to control the relationships.

In the second part, it's important to remember that you phrased it as a yes or no question. The preponderance of reversals suggests "no", I think. Again, it's been pointed out I think that Knight of Pentacles is a slow card.

Basically, I see these readings as saying that he prefers the status quo and is going to try and drag it out as long as he possibly can.
I believe in Crystal Light.
purlbeetle
Seeker

Post by purlbeetle »

I like what Charlie Brown mentioned in these replies. When I do a yes/no reading I like to set the intention before pulling the cards that I will only read the meaning of the card, not the position in terms of reversed or upright. Reversals get really confusing for me with yes/no so if I tell my cards I’m going that route, it gives me a clearer answer. I read reversals in everything else, just not yes/no. I also noticed I get a really clear answer when I only use the 22 major arcana for these questions. That way I typically don’t even need to pull more than 1 card.
pjane92
Seer

Post by pjane92 »

Charlie Brown wrote: 16 Mar 2022, 21:49 I'm not sure you're taking your reversals into full account, especially in the second reading. As Merlina pointed out King of Cups is a pretty detached figure and the reversal on three of cups suggests to me that the energy is not so good. He may be looking to control the relationships.

In the second part, it's important to remember that you phrased it as a yes or no question. The preponderance of reversals suggests "no", I think. Again, it's been pointed out I think that Knight of Pentacles is a slow card.

Basically, I see these readings as saying that he prefers the status quo and is going to try and drag it out as long as he possibly can.

I think you are both right. I decided to cut ties with him entirely, he's not making any action or clear cut decision in my favor.
purlbeetle
Seeker

Post by purlbeetle »

I can relate to your scenario so much. It was the best thing for me to leave a similar situation and I’ve found so much happiness in myself rather than holding onto this particular person. If it’s meant to be it will be :) I hope you’re doing ok.
Leah
Seer

Post by Leah »

I asked for his feelings towards me
1. The Lovers
2. King of Cups
3. 3 of Cups Reversed

The lovers indicates a life choice, a decision that must be made involving a love relationship.
King C rep him, it also indicates going with your gut and trying to keep the situation calm which applies to him and his approach to the situation.
3C rv indicates the love triangle gone wrong, a situation that should of brought joy now brings pain.

reading asking the choice he'd make, if he'd choose me

1. Knight of Pentacles
2. Strength (reversed)

Knight P suggests a loyal character which seems odd considering the situation. It also indicates progress as a result of persevering long and hard on a goal, the goal here is making a decision between the two potential partners and further moving forward. The goal may also be materialism given the rv ace P. In it's own right that is a basic description of the card but it doesn't indicate success in this endevour simply because it is present in the spread, rather it outlines the baseline and goal, as for what is happening around this we need to examine the rest of the spread.

Strength rv is very telling, it shows up when we are literally lacking strength, lacking the strength to enable the knight P above and the dynamic between the two cards may change the meaning of the knight to become lack of loyalty and lack of perseverance. Under the influence of strength rv we are locked into a negative way of thinking which creates a prison we self languish in. Unable and too afraid to make constructive and neccesary changes this individual is prey to adverse thoughts and feelings and you may find yourself turning symbolic sumersaults in an effort to please or amuse him. This rv card can indicate dissapointment or a dream shattered which suggests a temporary situation (and may indicate it is you he is dissapointed with) but if it represents an ongoing situation as is most likely here then the negative way of thinking your partner is locked into can only be damaging in the end, it can also rep a dark night of the soul which must be faced alone. Alternatively or additionally the card may apply to your dissapointment at not being chosen or maybe dissapointment and frustration due to him being unable to make a choice period.

Ace P rv suggests he is not looking after himself properly and along with strength rv it may indicate illness, maybe the inability to make a decision is causing stress or illness. It's a card of sensuality upright so rv there may be problems with sensuality. There may also be a lack of prosperity and it can indicate being corrupted by materialism, maybe his choice will be dependant on such? He may be struggling financially too.

What can be taken from the card combination is either no choice is being made or alternatively you are not his choice given strength rv, he may simply be languishing in his self made prison as mentioned above and is unable to make the progress of the kind outlined in the knight with regard moving forward. If materialism is his goal he's not making any headway there either.
Leah
Seer

Post by Leah »

Leah wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 16:42 I asked for his feelings towards me
1. The Lovers
2. King of Cups
3. 3 of Cups Reversed

The lovers indicates a life choice, a decision that must be made involving a love relationship.
King C rep him, it also indicates going with your gut and trying to keep the situation calm which applies to him and his approach to the situation.
3C rv indicates the love triangle gone wrong, a situation that should of brought joy now brings pain.

reading asking the choice he'd make, if he'd choose me

1. Knight of Pentacles
2. Strength (reversed)

Knight P suggests a loyal character which seems odd considering the situation. It also indicates progress as a result of persevering long and hard on a goal, the goal here is making a decision between the two potential partners and further moving forward. In it's own right that is a basic description of the card but it doesn't indicate success in this endevour simply because it is present in the spread, rather it outlines the aim, baseline or subject and goal, as for what is happening in relation to this knight P we need to examine the rest of the spread. The goal may also be materialism given the rv ace P.

Strength rv is very telling, it shows up when we are literally lacking strength, lacking the strength to enable the knight P above and the effect of strenght rv on the knight means it is now indicating stagnancy as opposed to steady forward movement, the dynamic between the two cards effectively change the meaning of the knight to it's rv orientation becoming a lack of loyalty and lack of perseverance because the strength is not there to empower the knight. Under the influence of strength rv we are locked into a negative way of thinking which creates a prison we self languish in. Unable and too afraid to make constructive and neccesary decisions and changes this individual is prey to adverse thoughts and feelings and you may find yourself turning symbolic sumersaults in an effort to please or amuse him. This rv card can indicate dissapointment or a dream shattered which suggests a temporary situation (and it may indicate it is you he is dissapointed with if you are not his choice) but if it represents an ongoing situation as is most likely here then the negative way of thinking your partner is locked into can only be damaging in the end, it can also rep a dark night of the soul which must be faced alone. Alternatively or additionally the card may apply to your dissapointment at not being chosen or maybe dissapointment and frustration due to him being unable to make a choice period which is most likely here.

Ace P rv suggests he is not looking after himself properly and along with strength rv it may indicate illness, maybe the inability to make a decision is causing stress or illness. It's a card of sensuality upright so rv there may be problems with sensuality and there may also be a lack of prosperity as it often indicate being corrupted by materialism, maybe his choice will be dependant on such? He is likely to be struggling financially and is probably sick on some level whether that be mentally, emotionally or physically with ace P rv and strenght rv both indicating illness, he may be low or possibly depressed but I'm no doctor!

What can be taken from the card combination is either no choice is being made or alternatively you are not his choice given strength rv but as far as I can see he's not making one, he may simply be languishing in his self made prison as mentioned above and is unable to make the progress of the kind outlined in the knight P with regard moving forward progressively. If materialism is his goal he's not making any headway there either.

Return to “Love and Relationship Readings”