This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Falling in love with my mentor, help!

❤️ What are they thinking? What are their intentions? Is it over? Will they call? Should I text back?
All your love and relationship questions can be asked and studied right here!
Forum rules
Forum Description: ❤️ All your Love questions in one place! ❤️

In this forum you can post readings you have done regarding love and relationship questions.These can be readings you've done for yourself or for someone else (respecting privacy of course)

**please note: this is not a space to request free readings. It is for getting feedback on your work.

All decks, all spreads and all styles and techniques can be shared here. Whenever possible, please post photos of the spread to help us understand better how you conducted your reading.

***IMPORTANT: Please do not just post a spread and ask for others to do the reading for you. This space is to get feedback on an actual reading you have completed. Provide as much detail as possible, the question, the deck you used and the positions of the cards, and your FULL INTERPRETATION of it. Please read Protocol for more information.

AND REMEMBER: If someone responds with feedback and helps you with your reading, it is only polite to acknowledge it and return feedback. It is this back-and-forth that makes this forum work. Thank you so much now enjoy! ❤️
pjane92
Seer

Falling in love with my mentor, help!

Post by pjane92 »

Hello,
so, unexpectedly, I am developing romantic feelings for my mentor. I don't know if those feelings are shared by him, and I am hesitating to open up to him about it because I don't want to "rock the boat". He's been part of my life since 2014 and we have a very comfortable, heartfelt and warm mentor-mentee link. I'd be scared to lose it all if I opened up to him about how I feel.

I asked the Rider Waite : Is my link with S going to evolve into a romantic relationship within the next months?

Here's what I got

1- Page of Swords Reversed (Present, Actual Situation, Positive Aspect)
2- Page of Cups Reversed (What's not helping the situation, obstacle, negative aspect)
3- Ace of Wands (External Influences/Factors
4- The High Priestess Reversed (End Result, Outcome)
5- The Magician (synthesis).

I don't see the beginning of a new romantic relationship, at least, not within the next 6 months. It seems like things would be way to rushed. It's too early to talk about this to him according to the first card. The situation is not mature enough, and I see two pages representing that. The Page of Cups reversed to me signifies that his feelings are not mature yet. The Ace of Wands talks about some kind of physical attraction though that is shared both by him and I. I feel like the outcome is something that I should not know at this point, because of the High Priestess which symbolises secrecy and intuition. I need to read on this matter again in a couple of months. The Magician talks about the potential of a new chapter in our link, but it doesn't say if it's romantic or not.

Your thoughts?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Falling in love with my mentor, help!

Post by Charlie Brown »

Yeah, these are real booky cards. Don't go there.
I believe in Crystal Light.
pjane92
Seer

Post by pjane92 »

Charlie Brown wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 00:31 Yeah, these are real booky cards. Don't go there.

"booky" cards? You mean intellectual cards?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Yeah. Perhaps I should have said bookish or book-y
pjane92
Seer

Post by pjane92 »

Charlie Brown wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 01:22 Yeah. Perhaps I should have said bookish or book-y
Why do you say so? What's the meaning you give to these cards (just for my learning process lol)
Leah
Seer

Post by Leah »

1- Page of Swords Reversed (Present, Actual Situation, Positive Aspect)
2- Page of Cups Reversed (What's not helping the situation, obstacle, negative aspect)
3- Ace of Wands (External Influences/Factors
4- The High Priestess Reversed (End Result, Outcome)
5- The Magician (synthesis).

Hi the rv PS (reversed Page Swords) may be inductive of an argument as the rv PC indicates upset around a new romantic relationship along with a dose of fantasy due to a of lack of grounding and realism your perception may be dreamy and off kilter so to speak. If you were to move forward with your current perception and continue expressing yourself through the HP rx that's to say ignoring your intuition then it seems to me your relationship will end in it's present form and be clarified and rejuvenated through the energy of the Ace W indicative of a fresh start and new boundaries being put in place however these are not of a romantic nature, it is unlikely you will loose the student/teacher equilibrium but there's no romance here and you may feel foolish afterwards, the magician is communication and teaching rep a teacher and that along with the ace W solidifies the nature of the relationship. The HP rv along with PC rv may indicate you are spending too much time in the psychic realms or becoming dependant on the psychic realms to steer your life, watch out for obsession on all levels. With regard your question "Will the relationship develop into something romantic?" We can see from the story it likely won't and you may find yourself the object of a verbal assault or simply on the receiving end of negative or harsh words, what is outlined in the cards can of course be diverted with a change in mindset on your part which will be reflected in future spreads, whatever you decide to do it's likely the relationship is about to be placed on a new and more specific track. With regard perception the HP rv in her own right from a relationship perspective points at a mindset where we have we have placed someone on a pedestal in our imagination or set our sights on someone who is unavailable and out of reach, it is likely there is no real romantic relationship at all under her reversed influence. She also in her reversal brings clarity, she shines a torch on our outworn and outdated psychological patterns, you may find when you are looking back you are at the centre of a repeating outworn pattern/situation brought about by a self belief which doesn't line up with your current self knowledge and insights, or you may be on the verge of an insight in to the self, she delivers the key to our own psyche, the results of conditioning and appraisal whether true or false, negative or positive are key to your situation in some way, the secret is in your very own soul. She walks us through the territory of the subconscious moon and holds our hand along the way and once mastered she is self knowledge right the way through to the core of the soul, she is also self deceit but she carries a mirror reflecting back our distortions and plays.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

pjane92 wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 00:16
Charlie Brown wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 01:22 Yeah. Perhaps I should have said bookish or book-y
Why do you say so? What's the meaning you give to these cards (just for my learning process lol)
Well, you're outcome card is literally a woman holding a scroll. I'll admit though that I misread the Magician as the Hierophant the first time I looked at it. Nevertheless, the Magician can often be seen as a card of technical mastery without the spiritual or emotional wisdom that comes along in the later arcana. You're heading towards the outcome of your diploma (High Priestess) and Magician contextualizes that by reminding you that you aren't in the right place right now or anything beyond that.

H.P is also often seen as a chaste card, fwiw

Return to “Love and Relationship Readings”