This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tower as what to avoid?

❤️ What are they thinking? What are their intentions? Is it over? Will they call? Should I text back?
All your love and relationship questions can be asked and studied right here!
Forum rules
Forum Description: ❤️ All your Love questions in one place! ❤️

In this forum you can post readings you have done regarding love and relationship questions.These can be readings you've done for yourself or for someone else (respecting privacy of course)

**please note: this is not a space to request free readings. It is for getting feedback on your work.

All decks, all spreads and all styles and techniques can be shared here. Whenever possible, please post photos of the spread to help us understand better how you conducted your reading.

***IMPORTANT: Please do not just post a spread and ask for others to do the reading for you. This space is to get feedback on an actual reading you have completed. Provide as much detail as possible, the question, the deck you used and the positions of the cards, and your FULL INTERPRETATION of it. Please read Protocol for more information.

AND REMEMBER: If someone responds with feedback and helps you with your reading, it is only polite to acknowledge it and return feedback. It is this back-and-forth that makes this forum work. Thank you so much now enjoy! ❤️
Mercurian
Seeker

Tower as what to avoid?

Post by Mercurian »

Hi there,
I’m in need of help; I’m doing a month ahead reading for a friend. So far her reading is really all about vulnerability, raw energy that she has to face from herself, reevaluation. I couldn’t write about the whole reading since it’s a long one, but I just need your opinions on this particular ironic Q/A. I got the tower, death reversed and the 9 of pentacles as what she can avoid. Tower and Death moments can’t be avoided. Would that mean that there’s nothing she can do to avoid the Tower and that she should not and can not resist this change (Death Reversed) because it is necessary for her own accomplishment? Also, I usually have a very hard time with the pentacles suit.

Tell me what you guys think.

Thank you in advance!
Let the children lose it.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Tower as what to avoid?

Post by Rachelcat »

I know the rule is that you give your idea of what it means first, but I got a flash on this, so I'm going to go with it. It's not too late for you to put in your take on the three cards.

Assuming this is a relationship reading. What to avoid? Tower, Death reversed, 9 Coins
In the relationship, the questioner should avoid drama (Tower)! Stirring up trouble or arguments to force unneeded (or needed) changes (Death reversed) is not a good strategy. And it's selfish and self-centered, based on what might seem good for the questioner (9 Coins), but definitely not good for the relationship. If there is a perceived need for a change, there are better ways to make that happen.

Hope this helps! Like I said, it just jumped into my brain when I saw your title, so I thought I'd share.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Mercurian
Seeker

Post by Mercurian »

Thank you for your help!
It does add up pretty well to the question, I will keep this interpretation in mind.

It was a general reading but she recently went through a friendship breakup and I got the immense feeling that the whole reading was about that.
When those three cards just popped out of my deck I just thought, wow how funny that the most unavoidable outcome that comes with the Tower turns out to be the answer to what she can avoid.

We’ll have to see, but thank you very much for sharing your take with me.
Leah
Seer

Post by Leah »

Wondering if it reads change, disruption in the tower and the end in death rv to a situation with regard wealth and finances in the 9P, perhaps change around financial security or a job or potential job that can make you a lot of money. It also suggests the capacity and wish to be alone and if we develop the psychological capacity whilst we are in a relationship then it seems the tower and death are likely where the relationship would end up, maybe that's why the advice is against progressing on this path. As a stand alone card 9P can indicate our partner maybe more interested in our money than us hence the avoidance advice.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Rachelcat wrote: 21 Aug 2021, 18:55 I know the rule is that you give your idea of what it means first, but I got a flash on this, so I'm going to go with it. It's not too late for you to put in your take on the three cards.
I think she did enough. Borderline, but it's cool.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

And I think Rachelcat is pretty on point. I'd probably put it as don't dig up old $hit or you'll find yourself on the outs.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Yes, those three cards spell out a clear warning, but assuredly in a positive light. Pity we couldn't have had Mercurian's update on the outcome.
Mercurian
Seeker

Post by Mercurian »

Hi,

I didn't think this post would be active anymore but I will gladly share what the cards turned out to apparently mean. Rachelcat was actually right. This card combination advised the querent to be self-disciplined and in control of herself, not to cause anymore shake up and simply let go, allow transformation to occur. It was a very Towery break-up already, I think enough was enough no matter how hard it must've been to release that relationship for good, and focus and rely on herself.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Mercurian wrote:... her reading is really all about vulnerability, raw energy that she has to face
from herself, reevaluation
Ah, I was way off the mark!
Death reversed threw me, thinking it was the resistance holding back the raw energy - the lightning strike that would embrace dramatic change, not avoid it.
Seems the more I study tarot the more I find I really don't know life, at all.

Thanks
(again)
Mercurian
Seeker

Post by Mercurian »

It was Death reversed, not the Devil :) But I was also extremely confused and had such a narrow way of approaching the Tower in this context and it got me confused. You never stop learning and that’s always humbling and interesting to see what it concretely meant specifically in a situation.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Oops!
Mercurian wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 16:54It was Death reversed, not the Devil
... and fixed. :)
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Mercurian wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 16:54I was also extremely confused and had such a narrow way of approaching the Tower in this context and it got me confused. You never stop learning and that’s always humbling and interesting to see what it concretely meant specifically in a situation.

That is quite a disconcerting way of putting things. Thankfully The Tower, and Death reversed, were tied to the 9 of Pentacles. And in terms of raw energy, a safety net of pentacles at 90% is very good.
:P
Mercurian
Seeker

Post by Mercurian »

Oh yes, definitely. If I remember well, another important card in her reading turned out to be the Star. So, yet again, vulnerabilité, nakedness, raw energy.
curiousanneli
Seeker

Post by curiousanneli »

The tower is usually what is read is like disagreement in the house. important to inculcate feng shui in empty spaces in the room. there are cold corners in the house and if space is not well utilised then other beings come in to settle. so yeah.
YemTarot
*free personalised readings*

Return to “Love and Relationship Readings”