This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Childhood Friendship Reading, pls I need your feedback!

❤️ What are they thinking? What are their intentions? Is it over? Will they call? Should I text back?
All your love and relationship questions can be asked and studied right here!
Forum rules
Forum Description: ❤️ All your Love questions in one place! ❤️

In this forum you can post readings you have done regarding love and relationship questions.These can be readings you've done for yourself or for someone else (respecting privacy of course)

**please note: this is not a space to request free readings. It is for getting feedback on your work.

All decks, all spreads and all styles and techniques can be shared here. Whenever possible, please post photos of the spread to help us understand better how you conducted your reading.

***IMPORTANT: Please do not just post a spread and ask for others to do the reading for you. This space is to get feedback on an actual reading you have completed. Provide as much detail as possible, the question, the deck you used and the positions of the cards, and your FULL INTERPRETATION of it. Please read Protocol for more information.

AND REMEMBER: If someone responds with feedback and helps you with your reading, it is only polite to acknowledge it and return feedback. It is this back-and-forth that makes this forum work. Thank you so much now enjoy! ❤️
soft_petals*
Seeker

Childhood Friendship Reading, pls I need your feedback!

Post by soft_petals* »

My childhood friend stopped following me on Instagram out of nowhere. He is married but we never talked about us having romantic feelings.

I asked him why and didn't explain, so I used my tarot cards and this is the spread.

*****The devil, 2 of Swords, and Knight of Cups*******

My interpretation is his married situation push him to do a decision to push me away but the future knight of cups as a return call or will text back from him.

I did past, present, and future and using Rider Waite tarot cards. All upright

I did pull up another 3 cards as reference for the Knight of Cups only*** All upright

****6 of swords, high priestess, world****

My interpretation is I am moving on listening to my sixth senses and the world on my side.

Any feedback will be appreciated cause am still sad by all of his sudden change.
ZhanThay
Seer

Re: Childhood Friendship Reading, pls I need your feedback!

Post by ZhanThay »

soft_petals* wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 15:40 My childhood friend stopped following me on Instagram out of nowhere. He is married but we never talked about us having romantic feelings.

I asked him why and didn't explain, so I used my tarot cards and this is the spread.

My interpretation is his married situation push him to do a decision to push me away but the future knight of cups as a return call or will text back from him.

I can relate to your sadness because I have been ghosted too by people I cared for and understand the emptiness and uncertainty that you may be feeling.

Your interpretation appears to mainly have your friend as its focus whereas I would turn the attention more towards you and the challenge laid down by the Devil card. Although you find yourself thrown off balance with many thoughts and emotions you would be well advised to resolve that the situation is not going to take over your life. Having acknowledged and expressed your reactions and initial upset it is time to look dispassionately at what can be done. If he has severed the friendship, which he appears to have done, it will not help you to cling to a hope that it will be restored. You must progress with your life and sort through your options as you would have done. This is the message of the 2 of Swords and it also speaks of finding your equilibrium and, parallel with the Justice trump, making a judgement based on the balance of probabilities.

The Knight of Cups in your future might traditionally be read as a romance coming into your life but in a more general sense it indicates a person, possibly a friend and not necessarily a male, with the sensitivity and peception to understand your situation and the kindness, loyalty and commitment to stand by you as your moral support. Embarking on a quest to develop your own sensitivity and empathy and the best qualities of the Knight ("I am moving on listening to my sixth senses") is certainly valuable and worth your while.
I did pull up another 3 cards as reference for the Knight of Cups only*** All upright

Whether the Knight appears as an actual person or as your own innate intuition, it is time to look past your worries to a new horizon. Make the journey and enjoy the journey. There is another reality where the world awaits your entry and contribution. It lies beyond the veils of confusion and emotional turmoil which can be set aside as your new vision becomes clearer and your course is decided.
My interpretation is I am moving on listening to my sixth senses and the world on my side.
It is a good interpretation and it would be good to make it your imperative. Utilise the tarot and meditation practice and they will help you immeasurably. All the best
Lord, I'm not the one to tell
This ole world how to get along.
I only know that peace will come
When all our hate is gone.
Tim Buckley - Dolphins
soft_petals*
Seeker

Post by soft_petals* »

OMG! Thank you so much for your insight and wisdom!! :D I really appreaciate it. :D
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

soft_petals* wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 15:40 My childhood friend stopped following me on Instagram out of nowhere. He is married but we never talked about us having romantic feelings.

Devil, 2 Swords, Knight Cups: There's a lot of duality going on here. Being torn between emotion and practicality, between control and freedom, and seeking emotional stability. I feel he values your friendship, but Instagram is not the place to maintain a friendship, and whatever he's seeing or receiving from you there is not helpful to his emotional state or the state of your relationship. Perhaps consider what you share and what you comment on: could this be causing conflict for him?

6 swords, high priestess, world.
Oh, there's a lot of leaving here, isn't there. Regretful parting - I think he did this reluctantly. The world signifies the end of something: your childhood is over, and you need to let it go. Both of you are at a different place in your life now. The high priestess reinforces my feeling that your interactions were not helpful - that he needs to retreat from this. Perhaps it's about differing worldviews or attitudes, or the type of content you share. And again, Instagram isn't the place for deep and meaningful, at least it wasn't. I'm wondering if - even if there's no romantic feelings - he feels like he's being a little disloyal to his parter; the priestess can be about mystery and secrets, and he's not comfortable with that.

I'd suggest a follow-up reading that explores how to understand this friendship as a valuable part of your youth while moving forward into the next stage of your life.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
soft_petals*
Seeker

Post by soft_petals* »

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! It is appreciated! :D :D
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Any feedback will be appreciated cause am still sad by all of his sudden change.
I really like what other people told you. I agree with them and I'm just going to offer yet another completely perspective. It is an assumption on your part that them cancelling your Instagram feed was about you/him as childhood friends and not something to do with him changing what comes through his Instagram with a whole bunch of accounts. So I am going to tackle this from a perspective on him and Instagram:

The Past- The Devil Your friend subscribed to a whole bunch of content, enjoyed a lot of different things from a lot of people and might have been spending too much time in social media. It might have been a little addictive.

The Present- Two of Swords This can represent shutting off emotionally, putting up walls. If Instagram was simply consuming too much time/energy for your friend, he could have gone through and removed everything he didn't consider "essential" or even close his account. I don't know if him unfollowing you or deleting his entire account would give you the same message; I don't use Instagram much personally.

The Future- Knight of Cups This suggests to me someone who might reconsider his current choice and go looking to reconnect with people he feels love and friendship for but not immediately. Whatever is going on his present that has him severing those connections needs to resolve itself.

As for the references to that Knight of Cups?

Six of Swords This suggests to me that what is going on with his present? Be it his marriage, his job, whatever was being negatively impacted by that Devil-like behavior involving Instagram (not necessarily you, just Instagram and other social media?) He genuinely needs time to move from the way he used to use Instagram through something HARD and PAINFUL in his recent past that is causing this abrupt change and which he does not plan to talk to you (or anyone else outside the situation) about until it is resolved. He's taking what matters most to him (the swords in the boat) and restarting something).

High Priestess This time for self reflection and self work away from things distracting him via your (and mostly likely other) Instagram will give your friend something he needs within.

The World Your friend will emerge from whatever he is withdrawing into as a happier, more holistic person and be open to all kinds of conversations then.

-------------
And me interpreting your cards from this angle doesn't negate one bit the insights that others gave, approaching it the way they did :) There is no right or wrong to any of this.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

TheLoracular wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 18:10
I really like what other people told you. I agree with them and I'm just going to offer yet another completely perspective. It is an assumption on your part that them cancelling your Instagram feed was about you/him as childhood friends and not something to do with him changing what comes through his Instagram with a whole bunch of accounts. So I am going to tackle this from a perspective on him and Instagram:

-------------
And me interpreting your cards from this angle doesn't negate one bit the insights that others gave, approaching it the way they did :) There is no right or wrong to any of this.
What an interesting perspective - I've not seen this used before in reading involving a third party, really shifting the entire point of view. It's not easy to walk in another's shoes, so this is a really nice tool to have in one's kitback of reading strategies. Thanks for sharing.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
soft_petals*
Seeker

Post by soft_petals* »

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you there isn't right or wrong. It is what it is... :) :P
pinkgrass
Seeker

Post by pinkgrass »

Just out of curiosity, did you do anything on instagram to make him feel pressured?
Leah
Seer

Post by Leah »

soft_petals* wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 15:40

Hi, I agree with your first interpretation, the devil here may rep oppression and manipulation coming from the lover the knight of cups, he may of been forced into dumping you. As a result the 2S may indicate a stalemate between you or/and he was faced with a situation where he had to make a choice between two paths and one of them seems to have been to drop you, likely under his partners influence, it's possible she was obsessed by you indicated under the devil. Pulled a clarifier page S which suggests there may of been an argument between them over this.

6S indicates he decided to move away from the trouble by cutting the relationship in this case and the world tells us this relationship is complete, finished, over, there will be no further communication. As for the high priestess unusually I've drawn a complete blank and am unable to make sense of it, one aspect may point at the fact you are currently looking to tarot cards and the hidden realms to fathom out the relationship or lack of.

Return to “Love and Relationship Readings”