This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 26 Heavenly Bodies Astrology: The Deck

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 26 Heavenly Bodies Astrology: The Deck

Post by Rachelcat »

As mentioned in the stork thread, I found this through an unboxing video. It’s long on style, but not short on information, or I think usability. I guess that’s what we’ll find out this week! As most astro decks, it has cards for planets (including Chiron), signs, and houses. It also has elements, modes, polarity (yin and yang), aspects, and moon nodes. 51 cards.

I’m going to do a regular interview with all the cards, just to see if they’ll work as a regular oracle. Then I’m going to do planet in sign and house in my chart each day, to go along with my birthday. And the old “one card by planet of the day” thing we used to do here!

So on to the interview!

Sunday1.jpg

Most important characteristic: Yin: Intuition, Trust, Patience, Spirituality and Receptivity
It is very soft, dreamy, and stylish. The deck brings a bit of visual mystery to divination, as it should!

Strength: House Seven: Profound Relationships, Intimacy and Romantic Partnerships
The deck is good for romance and relationship readings.

Weakness: Taurus: Trust, Patience and Sensuality
The deck is not good for abundance or stability readings. But notice two of the keywords here, trust and patience, are also keywords for Yin. So I guess the deck’s weakness is important?

What deck can teach me: Uranus: Radially Change
I’m not sure I’m ready to learn about radical change, but the deck can try to teach me!

How I can learn it: Mutable: Surrender, Fluidity and Welcoming Change
Well, that’s appropriate. I can learn about change by welcoming change, and being open to it. And by going with the flow.

Outcome: Yang: Proactivity, Expression, Doing and Forward Motion
Wow, cool, with Yin at the bottom and Yang at the top. Using this deck will help me be more active and move forward with different studies and new understandings. Especially with all those “change” cards in between!

The reading also has a good balance of cards, a planet, a sign, a house, and three “background” type cards (no elements though). I think it works well as a “regular” oracle. It was certainly easy to put the cards together in a reading!

Now my Sunday planet: Sun in Cancer in the Third House

Sunday2.jpg

I self-express and embody truth by giving and receiving nurturing and comfort in the area of teaching and learning and communication. This really ties in with my guru post in the sacred days reading! Works for me!

Have a happy Sunday, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 26 Heavenly Bodies Astrology: The Deck

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday: Moon in Taurus in First House

Monday.jpg

I satisfy my emotion needs and nurture myself and others with trust, patience and sensuality in the area of individuality, self-image and approach to life.

What could that possibly mean? Does that mean that I see myself as nurturing others with patience? I know that as Taurus rising (first house cusp) people think I’m calm and unflappable under pressure. It’s not all true, but people see me that way. And I think I have a way of accepting people the way they are. You don’t have to be a genius or fashion model to be my friend.

My sun (self-expression) in cancer (emotion), ruled by the moon (emotion), and then moon in the first house (self-identity) must mean something. That I identify as a cancer most of the time, but not recently. I’m more in that “relating by communicating” thing of the sun in the third house. Natal astrology is so complicated! But I’m working on it!

In the meantime, have a lovely Monday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday, Mars in Leo in the Fifth House

Tuesday.jpg

Well, that’s all very fiery! From what I understand, it’s incorrect to associate elements with houses as the creator does (the candle in the heart with wings is for fire). But it gets the idea across that Leo and the Fifth House are related. And then there’s Mars, too.

Let’s look at the keywords: I move forward and defend myself with self-confidence, loyalty, and creativity in the area of passion, play, children, confidence, and creativity.

Ok, the overlap of creativity and confidence is expected. I never thought of myself as loyal. Rather, I never really understood the concept of loyalty. If someone is good to you and part of your crew or family, you’re good to them. But I don’t think loyalty trumps morality. If someone is a bad person or does bad things, why would I be required to back them up or hide them or whatever? If they need to be caught or punished, good. This is probably a false dilemma. I’m loyal to my friends because I care about them and know they are good and mean good for me.

Moving on. I’m confident in play and creativity. I’m socially awkward, but I’ll stand up in a party and sing a song or dance by myself if asked or so moved. If it’s appropriate, why not?

And I’m confident with children. I wasn’t always able to do it, but I felt like I knew what I should do with my son while he was growing up. I didn’t feel overwhelmed or confused except when I couldn’t do what I knew I should.

Ok, I think that’s enough for now. You’ll see I have three planets in Leo (four if you count Uranus), so I’ll save some for later!

Have a very happy day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday, Mercury in Leo in the Fourth House

Wednesday.jpg

I think, learn, and communicate with self-confidence and creativity in the area of home, family, and comfort.

This also ties in with my “guru” post in the sacred days of midsummer. I associate my love of learning with home and family roots.

I also have self-confidence in learning and thinking. I usually feel like I know what I’m talking about, if I’m talking. Right or wrong! One of my favorite work duties is proofreading. I think I’m good at it, I enjoy it, I’m fast, and my co-workers know this and take advantage of it. I always say I just like being right! So that shows my confidence. I think I’m right and I don’t mind saying so.

This placement and these cards definitely explain a lot about me!

Have a very happy Wednesday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday, Jupiter in Scorpio in the Seventh House

Thursday.jpg

I grow and expand with intensity, exposing, purging, and renewing, in the area of profound relationships and romantic partnerships.

Well, this is the answer to “why me?” I still wonder why I had to live through all that emotional hell for many years of my life. But this is saying why. I had to experience that intensity and exposure in order to grow and expand and renew. I never believed that suffering makes you noble, but it really does educate you and give you compassion. I guess I was unprepared for the world as a benignly neglected (and happy to be so) child. I needed to learn some of the depths people are capable of and subject to in order to be a real grownup and a decent human being. All these years later, and I’m finally understanding that there really was a lesson there. I guess that’s the last part of coming to terms with my past. Not just accepting that it happened and forgiving everyone, including myself, but also accepting that something kind of good can come of it, if I let it.

Important lesson to learn on my birthday! Have a happy month ahead, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday, Venus in Leo in the Fifth House

Friday.jpg

I give and receive love, find value, and see beauty with self-confidence and creativity in passion, play, and children.

Prime example of my harmless, playful egotism: I was in the office on Wednesday, and my wonderful friends decorated my desk and gave me a paper happy birthday crown. I wore it all day at the office, including when we went to get lunch. I also wore it all day at home yesterday, my birthday. I never worry about drawing attention to myself if what I’m doing is just for fun, childlike, and harmless. If people don’t approve of someone my age wearing a paper crown, there’s something wrong with them, not me.

Obviously, this all overlaps with Mars in Leo in the Fifth House. Now I need to read up on the Mars-Venus conjunction!

Have a very happy Friday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day for Heavenly Bodies Astrology
Saturn in Capricorn in the Ninth House

Saturday.jpg

I am restricted, struggle, and learn work and patience with ambition, realism, and methodical steps in spiritual growth.

I have discipline and patience in my learning. I like to learn things thoroughly, not just superficially so I can regurgitate it or pass a test. I’m also ambitious in learning. I figure that because I’m a good reader, I can learn anything if I work at it and read the right things. Yeah, so I think Saturn is more discipline and patience than restriction and struggle. Maybe that’s an age thing. I’ve passed the struggle part and have already learned about work and patience. After my second Saturn return at 59-ish years old. Interesting that this has only spiritual growth for the Ninth House. I’ve usually seen it as also higher education and international travel. That’s why I was focusing on learning before. But I guess it’s also true for my spiritual growth. I’ve grown a lot, but I’ve also grown into atheism, which could be a Saturn influence on spirituality, a restriction?

I’m all over the place today, but I’ve really enjoyed reading and learning with this deck. I think I might want to try to continue doing random true card readings with it later on. It seems to have a lot to offer as an oracle as well as a learning tool.

Have a happy weekend, everyone!

Return to “Week 26 - My Deck of the Week”