This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Return to the Sacred Days of Midsummer

Greet the Solstice of 2021 with us! June 14-25.
Ciderwell
Sage

Return to the Sacred Days of Midsummer

Post by Ciderwell »

I'll be using the Rider Waite with the Tarot of the New Vision.

1. The Birth of the Muses shows how our inspiration and creativity is manifesting.

RSDoS.jpg

A very interesting pair, if I do say so myself.
This tells me that good fortune is up ahead, if, I do more work on the selenite wand. There are still the moon phases to carve out; and maybe look more closely at the symbols on the Wheel as this card is almost like a plan view of the wand itself!
Ciderwell
Sage

Re: Return to the Sacred Days of Midsummer

Post by Ciderwell »

IMAG01.jpg
IMAG01.jpg (40.1 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

The last card of the Summer Solstice readings was the The Wheel of Fortune from the Tarot of the New Vision, and the first card to appear in this Return reading is the Rider Waite, Wheel of Fortune.
One turns clockwise, and I believe its the RW Wheel that turns widdershins.

My first impression was that the 8 of Pentacles could connect with the eight compartments of the wheel, but I read that A.E. Waite said the wheel is made of 7 radii. My geometry sucks because I can't make sense of this. However, radii is plural for radius which originally meant the spoke of a chariot wheel. Was A.E. Waite being cryptic? Can good fortune be steered toward like a chariot? Then I suppose it's only a matter of learning how - you reap what you sow!
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

2. Vestalia, Goddess of the Hearth and Fire at the center of our life and home.

202.jpg

Two court cards! The knight of Cups bringing good news; very positive. And The King of ... (is that the deck stork I see :))
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Days of Heaven DVD arrived in the mail today. I've been wanting to watch this film since seeing the Knight of Cups, both films made by the extraordinary director, Terrence Malick. I reckon the King of Pentacles is telling me everything is going to plan so I will ignore the Deck Stork for now.

insert`.jpg

I like the little figure in the background of the King of Pentacles, and again seen in the 10 of Wands from the 17th of June Summer Solstice reading. I'll take this as a sign to leapfrog Night of the Teardrop and see what the Goddess Juno brings ...
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

... let the good times roll.

10p.jpg

18.9. Ludi Magni Games -
Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with
circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration
in your life, and how you can bring more joy and playfulness
to yourself and others.

Return to “Summer Solstice Reading June 2021”