This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s Sacred Days of Midsummer 2021

Greet the Solstice of 2021 with us! June 14-25.
Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s Sacred Days of Midsummer 2021

Post by Rachelcat »

Good morning! Happy to be starting this reading today! I wish us all a happy, healthy summer! I’ll be using Tarot de Paris for no discernable reason. I guess its bright colors are a good fit, though!

1. Birth of the Muses – June 14: This card shows how our inspiration and creativity is manifesting.

Jun 14.jpg

Baston 8
I will be manifesting my creativity by making a plan and really trying to work out how I will do something with it. I watched a live stream of an author talk by Jaymi Elford on Tarot and Goal Manifestation, and it was very focused on the nuts and bolts of goal setting and planning, which really resonated with me. Making small, doable, interim goals really works, I know that. I just have to put it into practice!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s Sacred Days of Midsummer 2021

Post by Rachelcat »

Already playing catch-up! I’m enjoying the group reading so far. Fun to see some of the same cards coming up for several of us!

2. Vestalia – June 15: An ancient Roman festival dedicated to Vesta, Goddess of the Hearth. This card shows us our hearth, the fire at the center of our life and home, and how to tend to it.

June 15.jpg

Varlet d’Espee
That’s me, still a beginner in this home care game. Whatever else he did, my husband did try to take care of the house, repairs and upgrades and such. They didn’t always turn out as well as expected, but that’s ok. It’s an older house and probably needs lots of little things now, but I really don’t know how to go about getting someone to do it, etc. I know I shouldn’t live here until if falls down on my head, but it’s a lack of knowledge and experience that’s holding me back, not so much the money. The whole idea seems like that very large sword I’m staring at. I may look all decked out like I know what I’m doing, but I’m not even sure how to hold the thing properly! Thanks, card, for this kick to get moving!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

3. Night of the Teardrop – June 16: Remembrance of the tears of Isis causing the Nile River to overflow. This card shows what our emotions are telling us at this time.

June 16.jpg

Espee 5
My emotions are focused on the conflict. As the old saying goes, “who struck John,” who’s right, who’s wrong, and who won the argument. Yes, I’m still evaluating and thinking about all that with my husband all these years later. And it will be coming up more because my son is getting married next spring, and it will be the first time we’ll see him in a couple of years. (We still talk on the phone sometimes.) I’m not all that emotional about it all now, just anxious that he’ll do something stupid at wedding time. I know he’ll try not to because he knows it would have a bad result for him, but then self-control was always the problem . . .

I guess I’m sad that I have to have such an adversarial relationship with a close family member, but it is what it is. I’m smooth and gentle and friendly with him. On the phone. I guess I’m not totally sure how I’ll react in person either . . . Well, I’ve got a year to get all this under control! I can do it!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

4. Juno, Goddess of Fertility and Union – June 17: Celebrating the ancient Roman goddess for whom the month of June is named. This card shows us an area of fertile growth in our lives.

June 17.jpg

Lestoille
An area of growth for me is my astrology studies! Cool! Instead of a star maiden pouring out influences on the water and earth, we have a scholar astrologer observing the stars and consulting his compass and books. OMG: also it looks like he has his desk set up outside. As I do today and did yesterday! He to observe the skies, me to take advantage of this beautiful weather.

This is encouragement indeed! I’m going to keep studying and see where it takes me.

Have a great day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

5. Festival of Strawberries – June 18: As the strawberries ripen, this card shows us the sweetness in our lives and encourages us to live in the moment.

June 18.jpg

Ar de Baston
As far as I can see, this is a monkey with wings and a lion’s body carrying a flag with the ace of batons on it. Whew! This is why I picked this deck: it’s full of odd surprises!

The sweetness of life is in the doing, even if the doing is sitting around doing nothing. And living in the moment means living in this moment no matter how strange or chaotic it seems. This card is urging me to do something just for fun, but DO it, don’t just think about how sweet it is not to have to do anything. That’s for later. To live in the moment, I need to act.

Happy Juneteenth!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

6. Oak King – June 19: A dedication to the Oak King, who is now near the height of his power in his battle with the Holly King. This card shows us our strength.

June 19.jpg

Le Pape
He’s got a really big . . . key! And crown and staff and sphynx. My strength is caring about tradition. In these days of alternate facts and the big lie, someone needs to remember that not only the truth, but also words, matter. What do democracy and patriotism mean? These words have been stolen from us and need to be restored to their true meanings. Along with so many others. Sorry to be all political, but that’s what I’m feeling right now. So I guess I’m thinking of tradition as “back to basics.” True meanings and true integrity. Maybe my strength is just to realize this. People are so busy taking sides, and I’m totally guilty of that, but first we need to take the side of simple facts. That should make our next steps a lot clearer!

Have a happy weekend, everyone!

swedishfish612
Seer

Post by swedishfish612 »

I love all the little surprises in this deck, too! I love how you read Le Pape, and I agree with you. :)
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

swedishfish612 wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 17:17 I love all the little surprises in this deck, too! I love how you read Le Pape, and I agree with you. :)
Thanks for saying so! I just get a good vibe from this Pape!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

7. Scrying – June 20: In the tradition of scrying at the time of Midsummer, this card shows us a blessing to come.

June 20 (2).jpg

Ar de Baston
Here’s a fun repetition! A blessing coming my way is a new burst of energy and activity. I feel like I’ve just been drifting from day to day for a while now. But I’m feeling the beginnings of purpose and energy coming in! I’m ready to receive and act on it!

Have a beautiful solstice, everyone! I hope you receive all good blessings!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Since it’s Sunday and I have some time, I’m going to do a wheel of the year reading for the solstice. (And I might do another for my birthday next week. Why not proliferate?!)

solstice wheel.jpg

Me: Deniers 6
In the year ahead, I’ll be health and wealthy (if not wise). Or at least people will see me that way. And I’ll be concerned with my health and prosperity, and will be happy with it overall. I’ll also be interested in charity or finding a way to help others.

Relationships: Espee 4
No big changes or upsets are in view. My relationships will be calm and stable, based on sensible, rational ideas. (Very good news considering the wedding coming up.)

Background: Le Fou
I’ll be looking back at the way I used to be, but only in order to begin to move onto a new path and take off to parts unknown! With bells on!

Goals and accomplishments: Le Chariot
Well, these two go together! I will be aiming to take a new journey in a different kind of conveyance. Literal or figurative journey, I’m not sure yet. I’ve never ridden in a chariot drawn by long-necked geese, and I’m thinking I want to! (Figuratively!)

Health and wealth: Roy de Coupes
I will get involved with a charismatic (hopefully truly caring) person who will lead me to better health or a charitable opportunity, a trainer or a philanthropist. A Cancer sun-like person.

Emotions: Varlet de Coupes
Keeping with the courts as other people, I will meet a romantic, youthful, attractive person. And I’ll feel something about him or her. Astro attribution for this card is autumn, in the autumn spot. Hmmm . . .

Thoughts: Espee 8
Ok, WAY too much thoughts/air going on here! At some point, I’ll get caught up in my own head and not be able to see the forest for the trees. I’ll think I’m stuck, but really I’ll just be stuck in my own ideas. I’ll need to open a window for some fresh air!

Action and energy: Coupes 2
Well, this makes sense with the two cups court cards and a wedding coming up! My action and energy will go toward balanced and equal relationships, and trying to make everything go emotionally smoothly and happily.

Now the chronological part. On or about:

August 1: Coupes 2
For the rest of the summer, I’ll be focusing on my relationships and getting along with all of them.

September 29: Espee 4
I’ll be taking a rest, or wanting to take a rest, after returning to the office full time!

November 11: Varlet de Coupes
At Halloween, look for (or beware of) a handsome or beautiful young stranger!

December 25: Le Chariot
At Christmas and New Year’s, things will be moving fast and desired changes will be happening.

February 2, 2022: Espee 8
Beware Groundhog’s Day! Not a time to get caught in a time loop! Or a thought treadmill . . .

March 25: Deniers 6
In the early spring, I will feel healthy and happy with my physical surroundings.

May 15: Roy de Coupes
The day after the wedding! Is this someone I’ll meet at the wedding?

June 24, 2022: Le Fou
By this time next year, I’ll be ready to really take off on my newest life journey!

Well, that was fun! I’ll have to keep track and check back to see if any of this comes to pass or makes sense in the year ahead. Happy Father’s Day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

8. Summer Solstice – June 21: We are at the height of the sun’s power, the longest day, in the Northern Hemisphere; OR in the Southern Hemisphere this day is the turning point for the days to get longer. This card shows us how to shine our own light like the Sun.

June 21.jpg

Le Fou
Well, I wasn’t expecting that! I guess this is a good thing, but I’m not very comfortable with it. I can shine my light like the sun by being and doing something I don’t know anything about. A fresh start is scary, but I guess it’s time for it.

This fool has his fool’s head with ass’s ears on a stick, and he seems to be contemplating it, like “do I really look like that? Do I have ass’s ears?” He also has tassels and bells on his clothes. If I’m going to do something foolish, even in a good way, I’m going to draw attention to myself. He is also carrying a crown! Doing something as a complete beginner or fool is a necessary first step to becoming a master of it! Then he can change his ass’s ears for a crown.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Catching up for yesterday!

9. Honey Moon – June 22: This card shows us how to release anxieties or worries, how to enjoy ourselves.

June 22.jpg

Le Soleil
Another oddity of this deck, which I love! A woman is admiring herself in a mirror held up by a monkey. Just another day, I guess! So this is an easy read: I can enjoy myself and release anxiety by loving myself just the way I am. I don’t have to be in a perfect state (or a perfect weight) to enjoy myself and have fun. The monkey is my animal side that knows how to have fun and enjoy life. She’s showing that ability to all of me. And I like it! And of course the sun is observing it all, and putting out light and heat and long days to facilitate the fun.

It’s always good to get the Sun in a reading, and this Sun is especially good!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Now for today.

10. Saint John’s Eve – June 23: Like the herbs traditionally gathered on St. John’s Eve, this card shows what protects or heals us.

June 23.jpg

Coupes 4, Le Pandut
4 Cups was a jumper, and then when I got Hanged as the “official” card, I thought I needed some clarification, so I added the jumper back in.

Patience and willing suspension will protect and heal me. I need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Everything doesn’t need to be resolved and quiet in order for me to be ok. Sometimes you have to go with the flow, and sometimes the flow says wait for it. (I’m being very Golden Dawn today, I guess. They attribute water to the Hanged Man. But that also goes with the cups.)

4 Cups says the same. If I’m calm and quiet inside, I can tolerate and even thrive in a reasonable amount of outside chaos. Meditation is healing, not only because it calms, but also because it brings things to the surface that might need to be noticed in order to be healed. These are some odd cups. All of them have faces on them, except one has wings. They’re the many selves that need to be noticed and harmonized in meditation or times of emotional withdrawal.

Interesting reading today for sure! Have a lovely day, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

11. Guru Purnima – June 24: Indian festival of expressing gratitude to teachers. This card reminds us of a lesson we have learned, or an experience or person who taught us something, that we should remember and have gratitude for as we move forward.

June 24.jpg

Espee 7
Enjoyment of learning! (7 = Venus, swords = thoughts) I think the teacher I should be thankful to is my mom. She’s a Gemini sun and was always interested in learning and knowing. I remember how much she encouraged us in school and had no doubt that we were all little geniuses, especially me. (I was the quiet, reading one who loved school and took all assignments very seriously. And the one that begged to go to the library every week in the summer.) It was her support and belief in me that gave me confidence that I wasn’t some kind of oddity. She praised my reading and my schoolwork, and celebrated my grades, like I was something special. I’ll never forget that she said “of course you’re going to college,” when none of my family had gone before. I think had an innate enjoyment of learning, but my mom made it a loving thing, a special thing, a family thing. And for that I am very grateful. (She just turned 91, and I need to send her some more historical novels as an add-on to her birthday present!) What a happy reminder today!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

It’s the full moon in Capricorn today, so here’s an additional reading.

Honey Moon, Productivity

Honey Moon.jpg

What have I committed to? Le Pandut
Well, he's been showing up a lot lately . . . I’m committed to waiting and patience. Things won’t happen any faster because I worry about them. Everything is on track and will happen when it’s supposed to happen.

How am I receiving support? Royne de Coupes
My friends might not understand what I’m going through exactly, but they give me unconditional emotional support. And I love them for it!

How am I offering support to others? Varlet d’Espee
Typical me. My style of support is different: I’m one of those annoying people who try to solve your problem instead of offering emotional support. But I guess sometimes people need both.

Opportunities available to me: Baston 4
I have an opportunity to celebrate and/or be involved in some kind of performing arts or organized activity. Not sure what that is yet.

How can I embrace those opportunities: Baston 6
I can embrace it an make it happen by assuming success. And taking a leadership role. (I have no idea what all this is about, but it sounds good!)

The honey that will be created: Deniers 10
(Same here!) Well, that’s a good outcome! Whatever it is will be profitable and bring abundance to everyone! I’ll keep my eyes and ears open for this mysterious opportunity!

Have a very happy day, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

12. Parvati, Earth Mother – June 25: The card shows us how to ground ourselves and how to connect with the earth’s abundance.

June 25.jpg

Baston 3
I can connect with the earth and with abundance by making changes. That makes sense. Nothing new comes from the same old thing. I can’t rest on my laurels. I’ve got to keep changing things up if I want to increase my abundance. But change to what? I’ll have to work on that part!

Well, I’ve really enjoyed our group reading and celebrating Midsummer! Thanks as always for Nemia and Joan Marie for leading us!

Return to “Summer Solstice Reading June 2021”