This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2021 - invitation for a group reading

Greet the Solstice of 2021 with us! June 14-25.
Nemia
Sage

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2021 - invitation for a group reading

Post by Nemia »

Today we opened the month of June, and very soon, we'll be celebrating the Summer Solstice, one of the high points of the year. They are magical times, the two solstices and two equinoxes which order our lives, seasons, cultures, holidays... and whenever you see a clockface or a compass rose, you see what a deep impression the idea of the "cross in circle" has made on the human mind.

In a small but significant way, we celebrate these cosmic events in the tarot world. Every three months, we perform 12 daily readings in harmony with the holy days of the season. I've been participating in these events since June 2017, and it has connected me more deeply to the rhythm of time.

We'll start on June 14 - that's less than two weeks! We have time to ponder which deck to use.

If you want more background about the "Signposts of the Year", you'll find it here.

And if you're curious about the reading, here are the twelve days and their cards:

Sacred Days of Midsummer

1. Birth of the Muses – June 14: This card shows how our inspiration and creativity is manifesting.

2. Vestalia – June 15: An ancient Roman festival dedicated to Vesta, Goddess of the Hearth. This card shows us our hearth, the fire at the center of our life and home, and how to tend to it.

3. Night of the Teardrop – June 16: Remembrance of the tears of Isis causing the Nile River to overflow. This card shows what our emotions are telling us at this time.

4. Juno, Goddess of Fertility and Union – June 17: Celebrating the ancient Roman goddess for whom the month of June is named. This card shows us an area of fertile growth in our lives.

5. Festival of Strawberries – June 18: As the strawberries ripen, this card shows us the sweetness in our lives and encourages us to live in the moment.

6. Oak King – June 19: A dedication to the Oak King, who is now near the height of his power in his battle with the Holly King. This card shows us our strength.

7. Scrying – June 20: In the tradition of scrying at the time of Midsummer, this card shows us a blessing to come.

8. Summer Solstice – June 21: We are at the height of the sun’s power, the longest day, in the Northern Hemisphere; OR in the Southern Hemisphere this day is the turning point for the days to get longer. This card shows us how to shine our own light like the Sun.

9. Honey Moon – June 22: This card shows us how to release anxieties or worries, how to enjoy ourselves.

10. Saint John’s Eve – June 23: Like the herbs traditionally gathered on St. John’s Eve, this card shows what protects or heals us.

11. Guru Purnima – June 24: Indian festival of expressing gratitude to teachers. This card reminds us of a lesson we have learned, or an experience or person who taught us something, that we should remember and have gratitude for as we move forward.

12. Parvati, Earth Mother – June 25: The card shows us how to ground ourselves and how to connect with the earth’s abundance.

Start your own thread here, choose your deck, and remember: there's absolutely no pressure. Ideally, we all draw our daily card every day at the same time. In the real world, we may have to do it differently - once every couple of days, or all at once. The main thing is to participate and to celebrate.

This is the basic reading, I'm still working on my ideas for an expanded version - where you can pick and choose whether you want to do something additional or not. I'll add the expanded version over the next few days.

Let's celebrate the high point of the Sun's path (or the lowest, if you're in the Southern Hemisphere) together.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Sacred Days of Midsummer 2021 - invitation for a group reading

Post by Rachelcat »

I'll be there, for my weeks 24 and 25! This is my favorite quarter of the year because it's close to my birthday. Still deciding if I'll use a tried and true deck or step out with a new or special one. As always, thanks for leading us!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Picking a deck is always such a lovely dilemma!

I have used in the past for the Summer Solstice reading:

2017 - Harmonious Tarot
2018 - Rosetta Tarot
2019 - Etruscan Tarot
2020 - Pharos Tarot

I need a deck with a warm, summery feeling.... hmm..... my newest decks, Mystical Moments and Stella, are not hot enough... maybe the Lebanon? It's a majors deck like the Pharos. I guess the Lebanon it will be. But I may change my mind ;-)
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

I had a lot of fun with the Sacred days of Yule (2020), so I've put in an order with the Deck Stork for my ideal pack of Summer cards. Hopefully I can use the exercise to finish my wand, though still incomplete, worked a charm during Yule.
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

I'll participate with the Shadowscapes deck! :D June is when it gets rainier here in India and Shadowscapes just fits, with its blues alongside all the summery forest greenery.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I always choose a deck for these readings and then change at the last minute.

Looking forward to this. These readings are like some kind of a retreat.
Thanks Nemia.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

The Tarot of the New Vision arrived this morning. Yippee!!! So I'm looking forward to running both the New Vision for online, and the original Rider Waite for personal use. It should be an interesting exercise on how the two will weave together ...
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm feeling tempted to do a Majors only Marseille reading.

I have the Marshmallow Marseille which I love because the colours make me think of ice cream and what is more summery than that?

However, I may combine it with my more traditional TdM deck. Maybe draw 2 cards every day?

The Sun, from the Marshmallow Marseille
The Sun, from the Marshmallow Marseille
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

I would like to participate with everyone this quarter and get into the habit of doing so.
I'll be using my Sola Busca deck. I've been looking for a good reason to break it out and this seems perfect.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

My, that's some heavy ordnance ...
TheLoracular wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 20:44I'll be using my Sola Busca deck.
let the games commence. :D
swedishfish612
Seer

Post by swedishfish612 »

Joan Marie wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 06:25 I'm feeling tempted to do a Majors only Marseille reading.

Oh, me too! I recently started working the Marseille (and I mean like...a few days ago, lol) and this sounds like a great way to welcome summer AND play with my deck. I'm going to decide since we're now at the 14th, lol.

If I go RWS, I would prob. choose the Anna K.
Blue127
Seeker

Post by Blue127 »

Im late for 1 day. Can I still join?
swedishfish612
Seer

Post by swedishfish612 »

Blue127 wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 00:03 Im late for 1 day. Can I still join?
I hope so: I just posted mine! heehee
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Blue127 wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 00:03 Im late for 1 day. Can I still join?
Absolutely! Please do! 🌸
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

There's been lots of really great cards so far, but I think this one from Mokona resonated with me most of all.
I've been working on an acoustic guitar piece and trying to capture that cheery upbeat sound, something like George Harrison's Here Comes the Sun. But the turnarounds on the chord changes were proving to difficult to get to grips with and I was starting to worry I might have to ditch the song for something more basic and easier to play.

Anyhoo, Mokona's girl on the motorcycle in the eight of wands slows down on the six of wands to walk on a horse. It occurred to me that I was simply playing the tune too fast and should ease down on the bpm's. And hey presto, the turnarounds are now well within reach. I can't help thinking what might have been if not for the six of wands - like not seeing the wood for the trees sort of thing!

So yeah, many thanks Mokona.

;) Link

IMG-8555.jpg
IMG-8555.jpg (26.69 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

I'm happy that Six of Wands had such a role in your creative process, Ciderwell! I haven't stopped thinking about that card since posting about it yesterday, and I think it's really telling me that the reason I'm feeling hopeless right now instead of triumphant, is because I'm not waiting. I'm impatient, I want to be successful all of the time, and that's just not how it works. I need to take it slow right now, even if that feels like I'm not job-hunting hard enough, not being productive enough; I need to take it easy, wait and see for the right opportunity.
It's so difficult to do, but whenever I feel like there are no avenues opening for me, I'll remember this card and take heart.
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Mokona wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 04:22I need to take it easy, wait and see for the right opportunity.
It's so difficult to do, but whenever I feel like there are no avenues opening for me, I'll remember this card and take heart.
As Joan Marie said, this group reading feels like a summer retreat. Like somewhere to take it easy for a little while.
I've enjoyed seeing the cards you've drawn so far, they make me think of a polaroid picture quietly developing into clarity. While my cards have felt very loud I do get the impression the next one I draw will be rather bland and subdued.

On a slightly different note, we've been having a pleasant heatwave here in England. But today has begun overcast and may rain and I have to be out in the sticks, (countryside): I'll take my cards with me and draw one when I get there, keeping my fingers crossed the weather holds.
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

Ciderwell wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 09:57 I've enjoyed seeing the cards you've drawn so far, they make me think of a polaroid picture quietly developing into clarity.
That's spot on! Every card I pull, every message, has been related to the previous one. I just feel so supported during this time. I'm so grateful.

I agree, it feels like a summer retreat. Like sitting on logs, drinking lemonade and pulling cards. Sharing and expansion, when we're doing the readings. We all have such different reading styles that listening to each other is a learning experience. It's like entering the Empress card and stumbling on a party in the woods. Or entering the Sun card, searching for shade and a cooler place, and stumbling on a party in the woods.

Return to “Summer Solstice Reading June 2021”