This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 19 Everyday Witch Tarot

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 19 Everyday Witch Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Sunday

Now for something really different, at least for me: A mainstream, mass market, RWS-like deck! This is a really good one. It’s fun and witchy but also thoughtful and thought-provoking. I think it would be a very good candidate for a favorite reading deck for a RWS lover. We’ll see how it works for me!

Interview time!

Sunday.jpg

Most important characteristic: 17. The Star
It’s about beauty, blessings, and energy work. And cats!

Strength: Four of Cups
It has an ability to help people bring out their hidden, unacknowledged feelings. Another cat and fish! The hammers and keys on the wall show you have the tools and the key to dealing with unpleasant emotions.

Weakness: King of Pentacles
Maybe a little too much emphasis on artistic values, or the artistic values are weak? No cat here, just the domestic, comfortable dog with his bone and a beautifully decorated cow.

What can it teach me? 19. The Sun
The deck can teach me just to be happy and enjoy reading. It doesn’t always has to be a puzzle. It can be a joy! Maiden, Mother, and Crone join in happiness. Could they all be one person, enjoying remembering all their life stages?

How can I learn it? 11. Justice
She peeks from beneath her blindfold because blind justice isn’t really justice. Causes, conditions, and backgrounds matter. (Still learning this . . .) Getting into Temperance’s territory, the black and white cats look like dueling opposites, but really they’re more the same than different, and it takes both of them to balance perfectly. (No sword here.) I can learn tarot happiness by balancing the fun and the serious, and I can learn true life happiness by being conscious of justice in all its forms.

Outcome: 10. Wheel of Fortune
I love the fashionable model witch! Hilarious! She’s about to spin the wheel, while the cat rolls the dice. We don’t know what the outcome of my work with this deck might be. It might lead me into something really different, or it just might be a fun interlude in my decks of the week. We’ll see!

And that’s it for today. This is a very positive reading with lots of majors. Once again, I DID shuffle! And positive is good! Have a lovely week ahead, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 19 Everyday Witch Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the who is in the what

Monday.jpg

Ace of Wands, Five of Cups, King of Cups, 1. The Magician
In the realm of action and ambition, I’m trying to take charge of my feelings and emotions, even the sad and conflicted feelings. Because I know I can do that. It’s time for me to be active in my own life. Be the hero of my own life. The energy is there, I just need the will of a magician (and king) to direct it.

I could say so much on these cards. I love the illustrations.

I like the flame-y dress on the ace, and the examples of energy she sees, which made me think of ambition.

In the king there’s a mermaid! And a cat catching a fish. And his throne is made of walrus tusks. He holds his cup but also a spyglass. He’s static but looking toward the future.

In the five, her very festive picnic on the beach has been interrupted by some romantic disaster. But maybe her friends will soon gather her up to continue the celebration.

In the Magician, my ex always said cats can see energy. That must be why the cat is smiling, so much energy raised by the Magician, some from her heart. I like the combination of nature and culture with the tree stump altar backed by Grecian columns. There are roses, but where are the lilies?

Happy Monday to you!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
New moon in Taurus, Planting Moon, Preparation

Tuesday.jpg

Body: Clear out, Nurture, Harvest: Knight of Swords, Page of Swords, Two of Wands
For better health, get rid of ideas of mind over matter. Instead, encourage ideas based in reality and science. I will harvest an understanding of which actions I should take and which ones I should refrain from.

Mind: Clear out, Nurture, Harvest: Nine of Swords, Seven of Cups, 4. The Emperor
Let go of regret and guilt. Embrace all my choices. I will harvest better control of my thoughts and even thought leadership ability. (I work for a law firm. When an attorney publishes an article or is quoted in the media, we call that “thought leadership.”)

Spirit: Clear out, Nurture, Harvest: Seven of Swords, Nine of Pentacles, Ten of Swords
Clear out the last traces of religious lies and deception! Nurture myself and spiritual concepts that nurture people, not victimize them. I will harvest a truer understanding of the oppression and thought control that religions can foster and protect.

Wow, that was pretty easy to read! I had to wait until the moon was starting to wax before doing the new moon reading. Don’t want to get on the wrong side of the moon! Have a great evening!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Should I buy the decks on Amazon?
Stoplight!

Wednesday.jpg

Don’t do: 1. The Magician
I don’t need to limit myself to only serious or self-improving tarot activities. (I know I’m skewing this the way I want it to go!!!)

Be cautious about: 7. The Chariot
That being said, I still need to be cautious not to go into full tarot acquisition mode and zero study mode. Beware of all-or-nothing thinking! (BTW, there is nothing cuter than a cat in a sidecar and helmet!)

Do: Ace of Wands
Go ahead and be spontaneous! Energy is energy, and it shouldn’t go to waste. Interesting contrast between the Magician and the Ace of Wands. Both very much about raising energy, with a difference in control.

Guess where I’m going now? And who will soon be appearing in the deck stork thread?

Have a beautiful Wednesday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Cardinal Virtues and Me again

Thursday.jpg

Outer Fortitude: What is my greatest strength? Three of Wands
This is a little abstract, but my strength is manifesting energy. I’m able to do what needs to be done to change or move on. Not so sure about that, but I have made big changes in my life. But I’m definitely dragging my feet on others!

Outer Temperance: What do I have too much or too little of? Nine of Cups
This is my “little Temperance” card, so here we go again: Everything in moderation, including moderation. So I have too much moderation! I need to let loose and get out of my rut sometimes!

Outer Justice: Where in my life do I need to be more fair, or who do I need to be fair to? King of Wands
I need to be more fair to my bosses and leaders. Hmm, I thought I was doing ok there, too. Maybe be more personable and friendly instead of just treating everything as the job. I like my bosses perfectly well! It’s just my social awkwardness that makes it look like I’m all business.

Outer Prudence: What should I be doing? Four of Swords
Back to the news blackout! I’m getting plenty of actual sleep. I need to rest my mind. All this keeping up with the dumb controversies and who’s smart and who got smacked down on tv doesn’t do anything for me, and is hurting me.

Inner Fortitude: What is my goddess superpower? Knight of Pentacles
My superpower is that I get stuff done!

Inner Temperance: What’s my paradox? That is, what two opposite ideas are both true for me? Seven of Swords
I can spot a manipulator from a mile off. Now because of familiarity. I don’t try to manipulate myself, but maybe I’m a little too much of a natural at it . . .

Inner Justice: What in my life needs a more healthful balance? 8. Strength
Two virtues about health! I need to balance my control over my body with listening to my body and doing what’s really good for it.

Inner Prudence: What do I need to look at from a higher level? What’s the big picture? Knight of Wands
The big picture is that I’m the only one who can do what needs to be done to move my life forward. I need to act when action is needed!

Well, that was fun! I like to keep trying out a new spread until it becomes more natural! Have a lovely Thursday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
All-Purpose Spread

Friday.jpg

Me: Eight of Wands
I’m overthinking things and have a lot of ideas up in the air.

Issue: Nine of Cups
But the real issues is contentment. It’s just as easy to be happy with what I have as it is to worry about what I don’t have.

Outcome: Ten of Cups
Indeed, that kind of thinking will work for me, and things will turn out quite happily for me and my whole crew, including the cat!

Advice: 3. The Empress
Same advice: Nurture the understanding of gratitude and abundance in order to experience it and pass it on. I like that she’s a cat and dog mom, and about to be a human mom!

Have a great Friday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday
Last day for Everyday Witch so let’s do something witchy: the Witches of Oz again!

Saturday.jpg

Wicked Witch of the East: A negative in my life that I’ve already overcome: Six of Swords
I’ve already gone through a lot of changes and improved my life by leaving things behind. Not a negative, but it felt like it as it was in process!

Wicked Witch of the West: A challenge I’m dealing with currently: 8. Strength
The question of where to focus my energy. I’ve got plenty, I just need something to pour it into! That’s worthy of it.

Glinda the Good Witch of the North: Something or someone helping me with that challenge: Knight of Wands
I think this is my son. He’s a Sag, and definitely fiery and airy! And he’s really all about moving forward in his life now: getting married in a year, and he’s applied for his first real manager job, and looking to buy a house. Whew, that’s a lot! So I think his life upgrades and forwardness will help me figure out what I’m doing with MY life too!

Good Witch of the South: Something good coming to me that I don’t know about yet! 4. Emperor
I WILL get my finances and real-life stuff worked out, and then I’ll be cruising, the king of my own life!

Me as I receive all these influences: 17. The Star
I am truly grateful for all my blessings, and I’m trying to pay that forward by being a blessing to others as much as I can.

Well, that was a very positive reading. I think this is an easy-to-read deck, and I’m glad I pulled it out this week! I’ll see you tomorrow with a new deck, one I’ve been eager to try since pulling it out for the cardinal virtues study. Have a lovely weekend!

Return to “Week 19 - My Deck of the Week”