This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 18 Tarot de Jacques Vieville

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 18 Tarot de Jacques Vieville

Post by Rachelcat »

Another historic deck for this week. The information card says it was made in Paris circa 1650. It oddly has an out of order list of most of the majors on the ace of coins and two of cups. And there are a few other oddities that I hope will pop up. The deck is available at www.editions-sivilixi.com.

Let’s do some serious shuffling, then on to the interview!

Sunday.jpg

Most important characteristic: King of Wands
This is a deck for doing things, and getting things done. It’s traditional but dynamic.

Strength: 4 Wands
Again it has a lot of energy and vibrancy. It’s also a fun celebration of the Marseille style, with a style of its own.

Weakness: Emperor
Its weakness is that it’s a little too traditional. The fun parts are the differences. This is the combination of the King of Wands and 4 Wands. And it’s a 4!

What it can teach me: King of Cups
It can teach me to enjoy mastering using Marseille decks. It can teach me to be a charming persuader!

How I can learn it: Lightning
Just let it happen! Like getting struck by lightning, there’s nothing to do about it except accept it. I should keep an open mind and be receptive to a bolt from the blue.

Outcome: 10 Cups
And if I get really into the deck it will turn out to be good for everyone. Maybe I’ll read for others with it and get good results! Also I used it in my virtues presentation, so my use of it reached many people already!

Well, that went well, even with Lightning/Tower! Have a great evening! I’ll be back with more tomorrow!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 18 Tarot de Jacques Vieville

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the who is in the what?

Monday.jpg

Well, I had to figure out what two of the cards are! It’s the Moon (numbered correctly) and 8 Swords.

Ace of Wands, Page of Swords, 8 Swords, Moon
In my activities today, I’ll be trying to learn or figure things out but I’ll be overthinking everything, as usual. Because that’s how I confuse myself. Sometimes I get an idea in my head and then can’t see what’s really going on because it doesn’t align with the idea.

Interesting Moon card. I wonder if it’s distaff = moon = feminine. And what’s with the tree? People believed that dew came from the moon, a feminine, watery planet. Maybe the tree is being nourished by the dew?

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Opportunity Challenge Resolution

Tuesday.jpg

Opportunity: 5 Wands
I have an opportunity to stir things up and challenge the status quo. This ties in with my transit for today (according to astro.com): Sun square Uranus, “during which you are subject to sudden upsets or to behavior that is upsetting to others.” Well, I hope I don’t upset anyone without good reason.

Challenge: 9 Coins
My challenge for today and a few months is managing money and finances. I’ve been a little too free with charitable contributions and gifts lately, and I need to start saving for myself instead. I made my last contributions for a while yesterday, so I’m turning over a new leaf of saving and spending more wisely.

Resolution: Page of Cups
What puts these together is earth of water. I need to coordinate my emotions with reality, both in money matters and in interpersonal matters. And just because I’m thinking and acting on my own wellbeing (9 Coins) doesn’t mean I have to be acting or thinking against other people (5 Wands). The Page of Cups is a low-key social person who can keep people working and playing together.

Hmm, lots to think about here! Have a great day today, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Sun in 15 degrees Taurus, Whitsunday, Beltane

Wednesday.jpg

Identity: 10 Swords
People see me and/or I see myself as someone who is very ideological. I think what others tell me to think. I don’t think that’s true, but I definitely have set positions on some things. Oh, I get it. I’ve kind of recently made a commitment to atheism. Maybe I’m becoming too hard line and should be more open to other ideas. But really, it’s been kind of freeing. But I don’t have to be the same kind of atheist as others are.

Relationships: Wheel
They’re changing. Nothing’s set yet. I see this as the relationship to my DIL-to-be and her family. I don’t know them yet, but I will be getting to as the wedding comes closer!

Background: Stars
This is an important axis, with two majors. My background is that I was blessed with a good family and a happy childhood. The longer I live, the more I see people really messed up by their parents and family and childhood. Such a shame. I mean, you don’t have to be a perfect parent. I certainly wasn’t, but geez, just try to be nice to innocent children! Not a very high bar! So I have a background in basic sanity and grounding in reality that others might not have, through no fault of their own.

Goals: Justice
So it probably would be good to have a goal of seeking justice for those poor people and other people who don’t have it so easy as I do. Because of the political situation, I think I can move on from horror and hiding in fear to it being possible to do something that will actually help people.

Health and wealth: Page of Swords
I still “cutting” weight! And I’m still a beginner in knowing where to stop losing, and in maintaining once I get to where I want to be. But I’m in learning mode. It will come to me!

Emotions: 9 Cups
I’m still in a place of learning about and taking care of my own feelings. But I’m in a good place, and I feel strong and calm.

Thoughts: Knight of Coins
I’m putting my mind to work and practical solutions. I also need to be thinking about doing something different with my finances.

Actions and energy: 8 Cups
Yes, I’ve been thinking about how I feel about many things. And changes that can be made. Now to decide on something and do it!

Now timing:

Now I’m definitely concentrating on my health and how it’s still all kind of new to me, still.
On my birthday, I’ll feel blessed and happy.
Late summer, I’ll be back to working on real changes that I can make.
And in the fall, we’ll go back to work, which will take lots of adjustment!
By Halloween, I’ll again feel content and happy.
At Christmas, things will be on an even keel, and I’ll be thinking about the larger world again.
In February, I’ll finally get around to dealing with my finances!
About this time next year, I’ll be toeing some party line, for good or ill.

Interesting reading, and fun to check in 8 times a year to get a glimpse of the year ahead. Happy Beltane, all!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
In honor of getting my second shot yesterday afternoon, I’m going to do something easy! (Only a short bout of faintness so far!)
Stoplight Spread!

stoplight.jpg
Thursday.jpg

Don’t do: 6 Cups
Don’t be happy? Don’t share my feelings too much today. I’m not in the best mood, so better to let it run out without influencing anyone else.

Be careful with: Sun
Again! Don’t put too much stock in being happy. There are other feelings to work with. OR I should be cautious with the literal sun. I don’t need my melanoma to come back!

Do: 5 Wands
Well, this is certainly a backwards reading! I should be prepared for conflict, to fight for what I want if necessary. Maybe fight against any more serious side effects of the vaccine?

Well, this is a bit of a stumper. I’ll be thinking about it today. In the meantime, have a great Thursday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
All-Purpose Spread

Friday.jpg

2 courts and 2 majors. It looks like everyone here has a wand/staff, including the majors.

Me: Knight of Wands
I’m full of energy and raring to go. I mean my horse is rearing, but I’m firmly in the saddle and the stirrups.

Issue: Hermit
I’ll be lonely and going my own way today. I’ll be thinking and working on different things than I usually do, but that’s ok.

Outcome: Queen of Wands
I’ll start out as a knight and end up as a queen. Still full of energy, but controlled and balanced.

Advice: Temperance
Speaking of balance, it’s important I keep it together, keeping the cups and the wand working together, just like the queen. If I do that, I’ll turn out to be the queen. Everything is connected, even things that seem like opposites are really all part of the same thing. Not sure what that has to say to me today, but I’ll be on the lookout for Temperance-y occurances!

Have a very happy Friday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday
Last day for Vieville! How will today’s Jane Austen study day go?

Saturday.jpg

All majors and courts again! (I’m not getting any pips practice today!)

Physically: Magician
This is me staying at my desk on my computer. I’ll do what I have to do to attend all four lectures. I won’t get bored and walk off or want to something else instead part way through.

Emotionally: Chariot
I will feel different when it’s over. It will take me somewhere emotionally. Maybe more confidence and more personal interaction with the group. (I had only attended one in-person meeting before quarantine.)

Intellectually: Queen of Wands
I will definitely learn something if I actively try to. And I’ll feel good about it. I’m thinking I might feel like I could present something sometime instead of just being in the audience.

Energetically: King of Wands
Ok, this is a lot of energy! I’ll be very energetic about the whole thing. As the Magician is saying, I’ll make the effort to stick it out and get all I can out of it.

Spiritually: Queen of Cups
And this goes along with the Chariot. I’ll feel more comfortable interacting with the group. Also I might learn something about myself from applying the lessons to my own situation somehow.

Well, all that sounds good! I’ll let you know how it goes!

Have a very happy Mother’s Day weekend! I’ll be back tomorrow with a new deck!

Return to “Week 18- My Deck of the Week”