This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 17 Noblet Tarot de Marseille

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 17 Noblet Tarot de Marseille

Post by Rachelcat »

Sunday

Let’s do another historic deck, this time with normal Marseille swords. I’ll type out here what’s on the box.

“Restoration of the oldest deck [I think he means the oldest Marseille deck!]; Jean Noblet, Paris, 1649, from the only known copy, preserved in the Bibliotheque nationale de France. Reproduction of the 73 original surviving cards; missing 6-10 of swords carefully reconstructed; additional bateleur card with wand restored. 2016, Joseph H. Peterson, Twilit Grotto.”

The info card points out that it’s about 100 years older than the Conver. It has both the restored bateleur card and original with missing wand and fingers. Pointy corners. Just the right amount of slipperiness and thickness.

On to a good wash and shuffle and interview!

Sunday.jpg

Most important characteristic: L’Amoureux
It’s a labor of love. I’ll grow to love it.

Strength: As d’Espee
It’s full of new ideas.

Weakness: 8 de Coupes
It’s not really very good for thinking about feelings.

What it can teach me: Chevalier de Coupes
Another lover card! It can teach me to love Marseille decks.

How I can learn it: Royne de Bastons
I should learn by doing, by actively pursuing that love.

Outcome: 4 de Denier
The deck is a keeper, and I’ll always be glad I bought it.

Well, that was a bit of a quirky reading, but I’ll stand by it! Have a happy week, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 17 Noblet Tarot de Marseille

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the who is in the what? No question.

Monday.jpg

As de Coupe, 9 d’Espee, Royne de Bastons, Le Pendu
In the emotional realm, I can deal with guilt or worry with compassionate action. But I might still be hung up on it a bit.

Have a very happy Monday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Full moon in Scorpio, Planting Moon, Preparation

Tuesday.jpg

Body: Clear out, Nurture, Harvest: L’Empereur, La Roue de Fortune, As de Denier
It’s almost time to stop being so strict and following the rules for my body, and instead follow the ups and downs to see where it really wants to be. Let change happen. And I will harvest it’s true best state. My health is a gift. Don’t treat it harshly.

Mind: Clear out, Nurture, Harvest: 8 de Bastons, 6 d’Espee, Valet de Denier
Stop trying to figure out a plan of study. It’s time instead to concentrate on truth, not ideas. I should focus on deepening rather than broadening my understanding. The harvest will be that I’ll be more grounded. And I’ll experience that the more I know the more I know I don’t know.

Spirit: Clear out, Nurture, Harvest: La Lune, Chevalier de Bastons, 6 de Denier
I should clear off the fog of illusion in spiritual matters, and take action on the clarity I’ve found. This will have good real-world results. And I may be able to share my gains without hurting people’s feelings or looking like a fool.

Interesting that all three “harvests” are coins. There will be results if I follow the advice of the other cards. Lots to think about here, but I think it’s encouraging overall.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, all!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Should I offer to do readings for charity again this May? All-Purpose spread.

Wednesday.jpg

Me: 3 de Coupes
I’m willing to do it. I want to manifest my friendliness to the recipients of the charity and to my co-workers. I’m just not sure anyone is interested.

Issue: Force
It would be putting myself out there, really drawing attention to myself. That’s why I’m wondering. Because that’s not why I would want to do it. Last year they were saying they wanted a replacement for the usual happy hours fundraisers that firms had, and I offered readings. But no-one has mentioned having an event this year. They’re just asking for donations.

Outcome: Royne de Denier
I want to donate enough to make a difference. Because I really do care. And if doing readings increases that, all to the good.

Advice: 10 de Coupes
Do whatever would make everyone happy. Well, that’s good advice, but not much help. Now that I’m thinking about it, the point of an event is to increase awareness of the fund drive going on. So if more people are aware, more people will donate. So maybe my offer will at least niggle some people to donate, even if they don’t take me up on a reading.

Hmm, so I think I’ll offer to the people organizing the drive, and see if they are doing any other events, or if they want me. Couldn’t hurt.

Have a beautiful Wednesday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Another why the who is in the what. With a why this time!

Thursday.jpg

As d’Espee, 10 de Bastons, Royne de Bastons, L’Amoureaux
In the intellectual realm, I’m thinking at work, I’ll be busy busy, but I’ll handle it with hard work and patience. Because I love challenging intellectual work, and I want to do a good job for my coworkers.

Sounds good to me! Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
Elemental just for today

Friday.jpg

Two 8s to anchor everything, and a major for spirit!

Physically: 8 de Deniers
I’ll stay with my routine and my plans for eating, exercise, etc.

Emotionally: Royne d’Espee
I feel like a teacher and sharing some knowledge today. I need that for tomorrow for my presentation!

Intellectually: 2 de Coupes
Much the same. I feel like sharing my intellectual understanding. (Sword in an emotional position = Cups in an intellectual position!) And I’m attracted to cleverness and learning.

Energetically: 8 d’Espee
I feel trapped in my plans and routine. And when am I not overthinking things?

Spiritually: Lemperance
Everything is very balanced, like the two 8s and the crossover of the two top cards. I’m on an even keel, and am holding down a happy medium.

Works for me! I’ll take it! Have a great day, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday
Last day for the Noblet. How will my tarot presentation go today? Elemental again.

Saturday.jpg

Physically: 2 de Deniers
I will get out of it what I put into it. I put some effort into making a nice PowerPoint, and people will appreciate it. I hope!

Emotionally: La Mort
This presentation is the last gasp of my interest in the cardinal virtues. I’m fed up with reading Catholic propaganda in order to understand tarot! The presentation is dry facts. I’ll try to add some more audience interaction.

Intellectually: L’Amoureux
But I will fall back in love with tarot studying in general. Maybe I will inspire a love of tarot history in my audience? I will foster closer ties with my group through study and learning.

Energetically: Roy d’Espee
My energy is definitely teacher-y. I know and I’m telling you what I know. Which is ok for a presentation. We’ve had many “crowd sourcing” presentations in the past. This one top-down one isn’t going to hurt anyone.

Spiritually: 7 de Bastons
I will enjoy being more active in presenting again. I’ll be in my element and will realize teaching is something I’m good at and like to do.

So it sounds like it will be good. I hope!

I have a PowerPoint and notes, and I’d like to share them here, but I just have to figure out how I want to do it. The ppt doesn’t have all the information, but the notes are kind of rough. So maybe I should flesh out the notes and share both? I could use the notes feature and then print notes pages to pdf? I’ll work on that later today.

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend. If I don’t get to the presentation here today, I’ll see you tomorrow with a new deck!

Return to “Week 17 - My Deck of the Week”