This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 16 Tarocco Neoclassico

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 16 Tarocco Neoclassico

Post by Rachelcat »

Sunday
It’s time for another historic deck with straight swords. The box says Milano 1810. And it looks very neoclassico indeed, with simple but fine-lined illustrations. I’m especially interested in this deck because Jane Austen’s first published novel, Sense and Sensibility, was published in 1811. I have modern decks based on Austen’s novels and on Regency fashion (2020 DoW 32), but this is an actual contemporary deck that she could have seen. If she ever played cards in Milan, that is. (Some extant Lenormand decks are also her contemporaries. If she ever got her fortune read in Paris!)

Enough geeking around! Time for an interview!

Sunday.jpg

Deck’s most important characteristic: 7 di Spade
The deck’s appeal is academic, mostly in the mind, based on outside influences, not so much its attractiveness or usefulness.

Greatest strength: 6 di Danari
That it exists. This seems like the opposite of the previous card. It is a gift from deck historians and publishers to collectors and geeks like me!

Greatest weakness: Il Guidizio
It doesn’t make an easy transition from card play to divination. Have these people already been judged and cast into the flames? That doesn’t seem good . . .

What can I learn from deck: 3 de Danari
I can learn about purely physical things, health and wealth and possessions.

How do I learn it? Asso di Spade
The proof is in the pudding. Trust my own judgment and ideas. But be open to new ideas, not just the tried and true.

Outcome of our work together: La ruota della Fortuna
Could be good, could be bad. Wait and see. Fortune is cranking. Who will come out on top?

Well, I must be in a strange mood because this is a strange one. But I’m going to stick with it, I guess. Have a happy week ahead!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 16 Tarocco Neoclassico

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the who is in the what for the day. Haven’t done that in a while!

Monday.jpg

Asso di danari, 6 di danari, Il Re di Spade, La ruota della Fortuna
Because of the ace of coins, we’re talking about actual money. I’m inspired to share my good fortune, but in a sensible and responsible way. But once you give it, you can’t control how it will be used. Will the money work for good or ill?

That wheel is turning up (pun intended) everywhere! Have a lovely Monday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Another why the who is in the what. Why not?

Tuesday.jpg

Asso di danari, 2 di danari, Il Re di danari, L’Appeso
All coins all the time! And what does the hanged have to do with it?

While I was shuffling, I was getting a health issue vibe, so I’m going to go with that. (I was wondering if the coins from yesterday were health rather than money. And then this!)

Healthy weight and eating is a matter of calories in and calories out. And if I control that, I will be in charge of my body. IRL it’s more complicated than that. There are the issues of healthful and unhealthful foods, emotional issues, etc. But today at least it’s a simple zero sum game. Why? Because I’m very close but not quite at my goal yet. But I’m feeling today that I’m very close to where I want to be. All I have to do is be strong and take charge, and the inevitable will follow. I know it will happen. My worry or confusion is how will I maintain my weight loss when I get to my goal? I haven’t really figured that part out yet. That’s what I’m hung up on. I with that were just as inevitable, but it definitely isn’t!

This reading is very much confirming what I already know and what is on the top of my mind this morning. It’s like an interesting exercise in “what card would represent what you’re feeling and thinking right now?”

Have a happy and healthy day today!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
I see MaggieMae used the Witches of Oz spread, which I had completely forgotten about. (Halloween 2019 seems ages ago!) So I’ll use it today, too!

Wednesday.jpg

Wicked Witch of the East: A negative in my life that I’ve already overcome
Il Matto. I’ve started my journey. I’m no longer a beginner, playing the fool, or acting dumb. I’m in the middle of life’s journey. (Well, farther along than that if we’re going by simply counting time!)

Wicked Witch of the West: A challenge I’m dealing with currently
7 di Danari. Love of money is the root of all evil. Hmm. When I made my decision on the early retirement offer, I literally said “I like money.” I don’t think it’s wrong to want to be able to support oneself through one’s whole life. I just need to be careful not to want money just for money’s sake. I also don’t want to hold back on my charitable contributions because I’m worried about wedding costs. I have enough for both, and to save.

Glinda the Good Witch of the North: Something or someone helping me with that challenge
La Papessa. Considering spiritual guidance will help me keep all the money issues on an even keel. And trusting myself. I have a better angel inside that is above acquisitiveness. I just need to listen to her!

Good Witch of the South: Something good coming to me that I don’t know about yet!
10 di Coppe. True family and community happiness! Yes, please! I’ll take it! No need to look this gift horse in the mouth. I hope that I can contribute to bringing it about soon!

Me as I receive all these influences
3 di Spade. I’m still learning, and I will be able to manifest what I learn from these challenges and assets. (3s are kind of abstract, so this is abstract. But it makes sense combined with the Fool.)

Well, that was a good reading, I think. Thank you, MaggieMae, for bringing up the spread! I hope everyone has a lovely, witchy day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
All-Purpose Spread no question!

Wednesday.jpg

Me: 4 di Danari
I’m still fixated on my weight loss. Calculating every pound and rethinking my goal number over and over. I found a BMI calculator online, and I’m trying all kinds of numbers in it! Here are a crossed caduceus and anchor: I’m full of hope about my health!

Issue: Il Bagattelliere
But the real issue is can I do it? Do I have the will and ability to make it happen in the real world not just in my mind?

Outcome: Il Cavaliere di Spade
That’s my court card, according to my MBTI system! I’m an INTJ. The answer is I can do everything I want to for my weight and my health if I take into consideration my personality strengths and weaknesses. It has to work for and make sense to me, in my mind and my life.

Advice: La Papessa
And it should be aligned with my intuition and spiritual goals. I know what to do, I just have to trust it and do it. And come back to understanding that there’s a spiritual aspect of health. Take care of my body so I can take care of myself and others.

A good message for today. Have a very happy and healthy Wednesday, all!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
Enough of what I’m always thinking about! Two cards: What SHOULD I be thinking about and why.

Friday.jpg

What should I be thinking about? La Regina di Danari
I should be thinking about pleasure and fun and enjoyment for myself.

Why? 7 di Bastoni
Because I need to find my passion again. It might be a different passion than before, but I need something!

Well, I think that worked! Have a great Friday, folks!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Oops! I’m a day late and dollar short!
Saturday on Sunday, last day for Tarocco Neoclassico
I’m late because I spent all day yesterday working on a writing project. But now, what should I do with it? Who should I share it with? All-Purpose Spread.

Saturday.jpg

Me: Il Re di Danari
I have produced something all about what I think. I’m in total control of it.

Project: Il Matto
I’ve put myself out on a limb with this. It’s something new for me, and now I’m uncomfortable sharing it. Because I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Besides not wanting exposing myself as a fool. Or is this writing just the first step on a new journey for me?

Outcome: L’Imperatrice
I can put this out there authoritatively, while at the same time compassionately.

Advice: L’Imperatore
I swear I shuffled. I should definitely put it out there authoritatively. I wrote it and I mean it. And it’s my work. Sharing it is the act of a leader. Don’t be a Fool, be an Emperor.

Hmm, I didn’t really expect all these majors! I’ll have to think about this one for a while. Thanks for listening! I’ll be back shortly with a new deck for today!

Return to “Week 16 - My Deck of the Week”