This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The chariot

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
EarthgirlTarot
Seeker

The chariot

Post by EarthgirlTarot »

What is your interpretation of the chariot? No matter how I read it I feel like I don't read it the right way. I know that everyone has there own way of reading but I feel that I read it the wrong way. :? :|
Thelder
Sybil

Re: The chariot

Post by Thelder »

I am glad you have posted this question. The Chariot card has always given me trouble. Based on contradictory interpretations I have read, I have always struggled with the following question: Does the canopy above the driver's head represent arrogance by which he has cut himself off from the divine, or does it indicate a necessary strategy for shutting out distractions and outside influences so that his willpower can be focused forward to achieve victory?
EarthgirlTarot
Seeker

Post by EarthgirlTarot »

Good point on this. When I read this card (mostly for love readings) I interpret it as the person had done so much work in the relationship that they need to find the discipline to stay on the right path for the relationship to move forward ??? Make sense? :?:
Thelder
Sybil

Post by Thelder »

I agree! In a love reading, the card could indicate the need for discipline to stay focused and prioritize the relationship so that things can move forward in a positive direction.

Return to “Cards and Spreads”