This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Spread suggestion needed: life balance

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
archimedes
Sage

Spread suggestion needed: life balance

Post by archimedes »

I'm trying to work out how to balance my life and move all its streams forward. Study, work, creative work, spiritual path, family. I'm a struggling to manage it all and to make it work in concert. I've tried reading with a card in each place but I need something that works to weave them together. Any suggestions?
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Re: Spread suggestion needed: life balance

Post by Rose Lalonde »

What about a spread that's more about What needs more attention right now, What needs less, What's my top priority this month, etc. kinds of questions, and then the cards can indicate areas of your life? Maybe one of the spreads under crossroads or goals at aeclectic?

(One of the things I like to do is speed through a deck assigning each card to one of the things on my list, like your list of work, family, etc. Without thinking about it, I'll assign every card to one of them. It's fast like a word association game, and answers can change depending on what's going on in your life. But when I do a spread right after, the cards that come up will already have some type of association with one of the areas of my life.

Or make up positions based on your specific issues like, for an imaginary example, How can I better manage my work and studies so that I have more time and energy to devote to my spiritual path?
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Rose Lalonde wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 01:22 What about a spread that's more about What needs more attention right now, What needs less, What's my top priority this month, etc. ...

(One of the things I like to do is speed through a deck assigning each card to one of the things on my list, like your list of work, family, etc. Without thinking about it, I'll assign every card to one of them. .. when I do a spread right after, the cards that come up will already have some type of association with one of the areas of my life. .
Oh that's a brilliant idea, I like that idea of assigning an association to the cards. I like that a lot.

I guess I'm not entirely sure what, exactly, I'm asking. I forgot the Aeclectic spreads library, I'll go take a look - perhaps something will emerge when I look through these. Perhaps one of my various deck books/lwbs will have something.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Oh I looked at the list... spreads from Elven and Barleywine ... now I'm nostalgic for the old AT days.

Return to “Cards and Spreads”