This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Star/four of cups/death card combo

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
Jfizzmagic
Seeker

Star/four of cups/death card combo

Post by Jfizzmagic »

Hello everyone! I was doing a daily card pull and got the star and felt as though I still needed another card asked what I really needed to hear and then got the four of cups card and then that followed by the death card. I was using the tarot of the divine deck. Can someone give me their interpretation of this card pull combo?? I’m thinking that I’m trying to be hopefully about a situation but I keep sugar coating what really needs to happen and ultimately the big life change is what is going or needs to happen to be fulfilled in my life. I am however an amateur tarot reader however a long time empathy/ very intuitive / spiritually

Just would love another perspective! Thanks! First post. Is this tarot forum pretty active? I look forward to a place to talk to others about practice of my craft! Thanks. Love & light!
casique
Seer

Re: Star/four of cups/death card combo

Post by casique »

The star and the 4 of cups are two very different ways of handling a situation. The star gets to work sorting through a wreckage (she comes right after the tower moment), there is no particular end goal except to clean up, sift through what is important and should be salvaged and what needs to released, and she is patient and open to wherever the process takes her. The 4 of cups is rigid, afraid to let go of anything and immobilized--which means he won't gain anything either. He takes his stuff and hides. There are opportunities being offered to him (I thinking of the RWS imagery where a cup he doesn't see appears before him but he is more concerned with keeping what he already has then taking what is being offered).

In summary I would say that there is a lot to gain in the process of this change but you need to be open. You need to take comfort in not knowing what is possible because if you try too hard to control the outcome you are going to be disappointed and miss out on something great.

Return to “Cards and Spreads”