This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

7 of wands, justice (rx), and 7 of cups as how someone feels about me?

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
starla
Seeker

7 of wands, justice (rx), and 7 of cups as how someone feels about me?

Post by starla »

I was doing a crush spread and for how he feels about me I got the 7 of wands, justice reversed, and 7 of cups. How would you interpret these cards? I'm not great with tarot but I tried to look it up and I still couldn't figure it out. Please help!!
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Re: 7 of wands, justice (rx), and 7 of cups as how someone feels about me?

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Welcome to the forum, Starla!

A moderator will come along to add details, but I thought I'd save you time by letting you know that you need to post your own interpretation before getting feedback (details are in red here). I know it can be daunting when you're new to reading, but you can check a site like learntarot.com or the guidebook for your deck to look up each card to get you started. Which deck are you using by the way?
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
starla
Seeker

Post by starla »

Okay, sorry! I got really antsy when I saw that and just signed up for the first tarot forum I saw. I should've read the rules before then.

I'm not sure what deck I'm using exactly but it kinda looks like the Rider Waite one.

I continued on with the reading and I got good results, basically saying that it will work out, so I'm guessing the feelings are positive? The 7 of wands could be he's fighting how he feels for his own pride and justice (rx), maybe that there's an imbalance? He's a bit older than me so maybe that's why. 7 of cups could mean he's thinking a lot about me because I've seen that card mean daydreams. I've also seen it mean he has a lot of choices, but knowing him he doesn't really, except he has a lot of hookups. Or he's just not sure how he feels.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Thanks, starla. I'll jump in with my impression, but take it with a grain of salt, because I don't normally use reversals or center the question around people who aren't the reader/sitter.

I get your point about the fighting in 7W, the imbalance in Justice rx and a lot of thoughts or daydreams in the 7C.

I'd say he has strong feelings about you for better or worse (that fiery Mars in Leo 7W), but they aren't objective (Justice rx), so he doesn't see the real you but instead sees some idea of you he's imagined (7C).

I think it's important to look at which cards didn't come up for the type of question you're asking, since they were there in the deck and available. None of the obvious romantic cards made it into the draw. And looking at the Rider Waite sevens in general, I see a lot of self-reliance and personal preferences, not a lot of reaching out to forge connections with others.

As an antidote to Justice rx and the 7C, it would be good to communicate clearly about what you think and how you feel in an effort to make sure he knows the real you going forward.

Hope that's helpful, starla.
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
starla
Seeker

Post by starla »

Thank you so much, Rose!

We haven't really spent too much time together, just hung out in our free time a handful of times and seen each other around. So it makes sense he doesn't really know the "real me". I will do my best going forward!

With the part about what cards didn't come up, a few more relationship cards came up when I was looking for the outcome of the situation (knight of cups and ace of wands, alongside the knight of pentacles). To me that felt like a reminder to be steady and focus on my own goals (Knight of Pentacles) and I will eventually get the opportunity I want (ace of wands) with him (I think he's like the Knight of Cups). It makes sense that he doesn't have those romantic feelings yet.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Hi Starla!

Everything Rose said made sense to me. The insights that came up for you afterward make sense as well.

My advice would be to not rush to make more readings about this other person right away. Just practice other readings with other topics this upcoming week and I hope you stick around and join other conversations or start new ones :)
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons

Return to “Cards and Spreads”