This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Help me interpret a 2 card combo please? (6 of cups and hermit rx)

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
Petakubi
Seeker

Help me interpret a 2 card combo please? (6 of cups and hermit rx)

Post by Petakubi »

Question was-

What are my subconscious blocks on astral projection?

Cards-6 of cups(upright)+hermit(reversed)

My interpretation would be that I'm closing myself off from new oportunities?(?) Self-doubt? Idk, y'all have any other ideas? (Its rider waite deck used, if the illustrations help)

Ty!
TheLoracular
Sage

Re: Help me interpret a 2 card combo please? (6 of cups and hermit rx)

Post by TheLoracular »

Hi Petakubi! That was the perfect information to provide, the question, the cards, your interpretation and which deck you used :)

6 of cups + Hermit

The RWS 6 of Cups depicts an older child or dwarfed man sharing a cup with a young child. It typically means looking back on happier memories or taking care of your younger self. Inner Child work can be one message from such a card. It is also a card of collaboration.

The Hermit is a stark contrast. He is solitary, his way lit by his lantern with the Seal of Solomon within. The Hermit is the Old Wise Master within and seems like a pretty auspicious card for the kind of work that astral projection is part of.

Combined? My intuitive reading of these two cards is that you are trying to reach too far/too fast for astral projection. If that is the destination of a metaphorical journey? You still have life lessons to learn, esoteric/meditational techniques to master. Think of yourself like that young girl who has just been given a cup of Deep Wisdom. You need to sip at it slowly and look at everything going on in your life (both inner work and outer work).

Whatever text or system you are using to learn astral projection? Go backwards and make sure you are mastering the basic techniques or maybe try different approaches, other things like meditation, yoga, shadow work, guided visualization, qabalistic pathworking, take your pick and see if learning how to get your energies and True Will into alignment that way helps with astral projection.

Caveat: I am a theoretical magician. I'm terrible at meditation, yoga, astral travel and a lot of things because I am laaaazy and don't find the time/energy/motivation to do the consistent daily work it takes to get energies and True Will into alignment that way. It takes a lot of time/energy/motivation/focus.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Petakubi
Seeker

Post by Petakubi »

TheLoracular wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 19:38 Hi Petakubi! That was the perfect information to provide, the question, the cards, your interpretation and which deck you used :)

6 of cups + Hermit

The RWS 6 of Cups depicts an older child or dwarfed man sharing a cup with a young child. It typically means looking back on happier memories or taking care of your younger self. Inner Child work can be one message from such a card. It is also a card of collaboration.

The Hermit is a stark contrast. He is solitary, his way lit by his lantern with the Seal of Solomon within. The Hermit is the Old Wise Master within and seems like a pretty auspicious card for the kind of work that astral projection is part of.

Combined? My intuitive reading of these two cards is that you are trying to reach too far/too fast for astral projection. If that is the destination of a metaphorical journey? You still have life lessons to learn, esoteric/meditational techniques to master. Think of yourself like that young girl who has just been given a cup of Deep Wisdom. You need to sip at it slowly and look at everything going on in your life (both inner work and outer work).

Whatever text or system you are using to learn astral projection? Go backwards and make sure you are mastering the basic techniques or maybe try different approaches, other things like meditation, yoga, shadow work, guided visualization, qabalistic pathworking, take your pick and see if learning how to get your energies and True Will into alignment that way helps with astral projection.

Caveat: I am a theoretical magician. I'm terrible at meditation, yoga, astral travel and a lot of things because I am laaaazy and don't find the time/energy/motivation to do the consistent daily work it takes to get energies and True Will into alignment that way. It takes a lot of time/energy/motivation/focus.
:D thank you so much! That's exactly what the cards were probably pointing to! I lack energy/focus/motivation to practise meditation/concentration etc. aside from astral travel. I'll try to focus on deeper states of consciousness more often so that astral projection will be easier to achieve(and yeah, I'm also lazy or feel overwhelmed with things like school-personal life etc and I do procrastinate . May I ask if you'd recommend some specific things to work on? I'll practise meditation, concentration-focus,(guided) visualization. Tysm! :)
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

:?
Petakubi wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 18:55 (Its raide waiter deck used, if the illustrations help)
What the hootenanny is raide waiter deck :?:
Petakubi
Seeker

Post by Petakubi »

Ciderwell wrote: 01 May 2021, 07:15 :?
Petakubi wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 18:55 (Its raide waiter deck used, if the illustrations help)
What the hootenanny is raide waiter deck :?:
I'm so sorry i misspelled 💀💀💀. Corrected now! :lol:
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

💀💀💀 You're weird.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Petakubi wrote: 01 May 2021, 06:15
:D thank you so much! That's exactly what the cards were probably pointing to! I lack energy/focus/motivation to practise meditation/concentration etc. aside from astral travel. I'll try to focus on deeper states of consciousness more often so that astral projection will be easier to achieve(and yeah, I'm also lazy or feel overwhelmed with things like school-personal life etc and I do procrastinate . May I ask if you'd recommend some specific things to work on? I'll practise meditation, concentration-focus,(guided) visualization. Tysm! :)
So, I am not up to date on a lot of books and resources that are out there?

But if I was looking at myself in the mirror and saying "I want to master Astral Projection and everything that would make me as good at practical ceremonial magic/mastering deeper states of consciousness?" The book from my own library and experiences that I would go pick up and start to use every single day until I had the ability to do every single thing it suggested would be:

Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig.

The really bad thing about giving you this suggestion is now I have to go look at myself in the mirror and say "Hey Laurel- you should REALLY be less laaaazy about all of this too." :)
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons

Return to “Cards and Spreads”