This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Nemia's Sacred Days of Vernal Euqinox 2021 - Light Seer's Tarot

Nemia
Sage

Nemia's Sacred Days of Vernal Euqinox 2021 - Light Seer's Tarot

Post by Nemia »

I have to think really hard which deck to use. Let's have a look at the decks I used in the past.

Summer Solstice 2017: Harmonious Tarot, mini
Autumn Equinox 2017: Constellations Tarot
Winter Solstice 2017: Pagan Cats Tarot, mini

Vernal Equinox 2018: Idiosyncradeck
Summer Solstice 2018: Rosetta Tarot
Autumn Equinox 2018: Nova Tarot
Winter Solstice 2018: Pagan Otherworlds

Vernal Equinox 2019: Cosmic Tarot and Oracle
Summer Solstice 2019: Etruscan Tarot
Autumn Equinox 2019: Zillich Tarot
Winter Solstice 2019: Tabula Mundi

Vernal Equinox 2020: Ostara Tarot
Summer Solstice 2020: Pharos Tarot
Autumn Equinox 2020: Button Soup Tarot
Winter Solstic 2020: New Liminal Tarot

Vernal Equinox 2021: Light Seer's Tarot

The newest deck I have is the Lebanese Tarot, and it's gorgeous. It doesn't have spring vibes, though. I really doesn't. The White Sage would be ideal but it's up on my tarot calendar now. I'll have to think some more. The Lebanese turn can come in any other season but not spring, as much as I'd love it. Oh, I have it - the Light Seers! That's an ideal spring deck, and I need it now.

Day 1: 15.3. Cybele and Attis Festival

Today is the first day of week-long celebration of Cybele, the great Mother Goddess, and her youthful consort Attis. Today's card talks about love and eros in your life, and how you can celebrate them.

Day 2: 16.3. Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem

Today begins the Zoroastrian Holiday Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem, celebrating the life cycle of human beings, from creation to death, and the presence of angels. Today's card connects you to your own path in life and the angel/power/energy that protects you.

Day 3: 17.3. Liberalia

On this day, the Romans celebrated the Liberalia festival of freedom. Today's card tells you how you use your freedom and encourages you to be really free of bonds that limit your personality, talents and longings. What are the bonds you have to break to be free?

Day 4: 18.3. Ugadi

The Hindu holiday Ugadi is celebrated in some parts of India as New Year. Its traditional food represents the different tastes: sour, salty, sweet and bitter. Today's card shows you how to balance the flavours in your life, to be able to enjoy it to the fullest in the months ahead. How can make you make your life more flavourful and enjoyable?

Day 5: 19.3. Eostre/Ostara

The Germanic goddess of spring is celebrated with eggs, rabbits and the ringing of bells. Today's card reminds you of a bell ringing in your life, a bell that calls you forward and that you didn't heed or overhear until now. Understand what this bell wants to tell you, and in the coming month, try to make its voice heard.

Day 6: 20.3. Spring/Vernal Equinox

This is the day of balance between day and night, when new things grow and push through the earth, when Kore/Persephone returns from the underworld and brings flowers with her. Today's card calls you to contemplate on creativity and renewal in your own life. Where do you resist change, and where should you embrace it?

For Southern Hemisphere tarotists who experience Autumn: what are the wilting things and feelings in my life that I should let go?

Day 7: 21.3. Harmony Day

In Australia, Harmony Day celebrates inclusiveness and acceptance. Today's card asks you to probe your own hidden prejudices, and what you can do to become more open and tolerant. Challenge yourself to inform yourself and get to know cultures, topics or people that until held irrational negative associations for you. How can you become an ambassador for inclusiveness and harmony in your society and immediate surrounding?

Day 8: 22.3. Minerva Day

Minerva/Athene is the Roman/Greek goddess of intelligence, rational thinking and objectivity. Today's card asks you how you use your intelligence and talents, whether you give them the proper place or whether you feel you have undeveloped potential. What can you do to make the best use of your mental powers and intelligence?

Day 9: 23.3. Hilaria

The Roman holiday of Hilaria celebrates laughter and fun. Today's card throws a light on the place light-hearted fun and humour have in your life. Do you laugh often enough? The card challenges you to find things that make you laugh and forget your worries, and do them regularly from now on.

Day 10: 24.3. Earth Hour

On this international day, people stop to think about the environment and the use we make of it. Are you doing all you can to keep and preserve this earth? Today's card asks you to find your own connection to the Earth you live on, whether through environment awareness or the voice of your spiritual tradition. How are you connected to this Earth and how can you honour it?

Day 11: 25.3. Palm Sunday

The Christian holiday of Palm Sunday celebrates peace, hope and new beginnings. Today's card shows you where you have to make peace - with memories, people in your life or other painful matters. Let them go and don't beat yourself up any more.

Day 12: 26.3. Preparation of the Temple of Luna

On the final day of our 12 days, we prepare for the annual Roman festival in the Temple of Luna, the Moon goddess. Today's card tells you how you can become more attuned to the intuitive, quiet side within you, how you can make your spiritual work more meaningful, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. It's the message of the Moon for the spring days ahead while the influence of the Sun is rising.
Nemia
Sage

Re: Nemia's Sacred Days of Vernal Euqinox 2021 - Light Seer's Tarot

Post by Nemia »

Day 1: 15.3. Cybele and Attis Festival

Today is the first day of week-long celebration of Cybele, the great Mother Goddess, and her youthful consort Attis. Today's card talks about love and eros in your life, and how you can celebrate them.

2 of Wands

2021 03 15.jpg

What a lovely card, full of longing to get out, to travel, to experience something new... and that's just what my husband and I feel. And I guess the rest of the world, too. We've been cooped up at home, Pandemic routine stifles us, and we both long for wider horizons again.

We haven't taken a break together for a long time - too long. Our relationship is good and we love each other very much, but we need at least a weekend away from home, simply true.

The card resonates in many ways, but now I have to work a bit.

I'm totally in love with this deck. I bought it and didn't really use it since - now is the time to discover it.

Added later

It's the little van. We had one when I was a child and teenager. My beloved stepfather had turned a simply bare van into a camping van, with his creative brain and hands. I remember those times - and the person I was then. My horizons have become narrower and narrower in the last years, especially the last year. This is not what I need. I need expansion. I need opening up.

wide circle 01.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Day 2: 16.3. Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem

Today begins the Zoroastrian Holiday Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem, celebrating the life cycle of human beings, from creation to death, and the presence of angels. Today's card connects you to your own path in life and the angel/power/energy that protects you.

King of Swords

2021 03 16.jpg

I know who that is, the King of Swords, the King of Air. He is connected also to my first card - the photo of the VW bully van. We had a similar van when I was a girl, we traveled far with it. So many memories.

I know there are things I have to do in memory of that person who protected, challenged and supported me. I've been dreaming of him again.

This is the first time the cards have explicitly connected me with a deceased person. I wonder whether other cards will continue with this line of thought and line of connection. For me, this is of the highest importance. In my travel to my Inner Child, which I'm still undertaking regularly, this person plays an important role.

All this is too personal and I have told too many personal things already. But I'm grateful for this card and I'm listening to what else this King of Air has to tell me.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Day 3: 17.3. Liberalia

On this day, the Romans celebrated the Liberalia festival of freedom. Today's card tells you how you use your freedom and encourages you to be really free of bonds that limit your personality, talents and longings. What are the bonds you have to break to be free?

Eight of Wands

2021 03 17.jpg

Another beautiful card. It shows me what I'm lacking right now - everything this card embodies is on low ebb right now. Yes, life is getting back to a kind of normal while we're in the last phase of the pandemic (let's at least hope so, more than 50% of the population has been vaccinated here), but I'm still isolated, and in a kind of depression that makes it difficult even to clear up the kitchen.

Some years ago, I was full of energy and now everything takes so much effort. Either it's simply age catching up with me, or I have a problem.

I don't feel free because I can't move around freely, I feel bound, held back, weak.

What are the bonds I have to break?

Maybe the self-expectation to become again what I remember myself being.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

No, it's not happening yet, instead of liberation and expanding horizon and rising energy levels, I had some panic attacks over the last few days, and some very dark nightmares.

I continue to pull my cards every morning, I love this deck, it's just what I need right now.

Day 4: 18.3. Ugadi

The Hindu holiday Ugadi is celebrated in some parts of India as New Year. Its traditional food represents the different tastes: sour, salty, sweet and bitter. Today's card shows you how to balance the flavours in your life, to be able to enjoy it to the fullest in the months ahead. How can make you make your life more flavourful and enjoyable?

The Tower

2021 03 18 a.jpg

And that was my card for Ugadi. New Year - and a catastrophe. I fear a catastrophe. I have been fearing one for many years. I have seen families around me felled by catastrophic events - accidents, disease, alienation, dependencies, all kind of support systems breaking down. I can't believe that it won't happen to me, I have this gloomy-doomy feeling and can't shake it off. Maybe it's good that I had this card. Maybe I have to face my fear and confront it and say: Fear, here I am, what is the worst you can do to me?

I guess I'm actually depressed but I've never been to any kind of help for it. I function okay in everyday life although I get less and less done. How can I make my life more enjoyable? Probably by getting the help I need.

Yeah, I know that and have for some years but whenever I'm about to hit rock bottom and really go to ask for help, I magically feel better again, and then for months, I'm happy and active and optimistic again.

Day 5: 19.3. Eostre/Ostara

The Germanic goddess of spring is celebrated with eggs, rabbits and the ringing of bells. Today's card reminds you of a bell ringing in your life, a bell that calls you forward and that you didn't heed or overhear until now. Understand what this bell wants to tell you, and in the coming month, try to make its voice heard.

Six of Wands

2021 03 19.jpg

Ah, beloved Eostre - Primavera - Avivit - how the card and the spread meaning fit each other. What does the ringing of the bell tell me? No victories for me. No triumph, only failures. How can I change that? In theory, I know it, but in practice, I can't do it. I can't even organize my study room right now :-(

Day 6: 20.3. Spring/Vernal Equinox

This is the day of balance between day and night, when new things grow and push through the earth, when Kore/Persephone returns from the underworld and brings flowers with her. Today's card calls you to contemplate on creativity and renewal in your own life. Where do you resist change, and where should you embrace it?

(For Southern Hemisphere tarotists who experience Autumn: what are the wilting things and feelings in my life that I should let go?)

The Magician
2021 03 20 a.jpg

Today is the day the day and night are equal. The day of perfect balance. Persephone's coming up again, yes. Creativity, that same problem. Oh dear oh dear, I've never been so stuck with a reading in my life!

At least I have made better pictures and I'm still doing this reading... and the cards are wonderful, this deck is really spot on, I'm so glad I chose it, so glad I bought it.

wide circle 02.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Day 7: 21.3. Harmony Day

In Australia, Harmony Day celebrates inclusiveness and acceptance. Today's card asks you to probe your own hidden prejudices, and what you can do to become more open and tolerant. Challenge yourself to inform yourself and get to know cultures, topics or people that until held irrational negative associations for you. How can you become an ambassador for inclusiveness and harmony in your society and immediate surrounding?

Queen of Cups

2021 03 21.jpg

One of "my" court cards (the other one is of course the Queen of Pentacles - I'm such a cliche feminine female, I can't even identify with the the Queen of Wands!)

In the spirit of the times, I have spent a lot of time asking myself where my hidden prejudices are. Having married a man from a heritage of discrimination and persecution, I'm very sensitive to these matters but not sensitive enough because I personally don't "stick out" and .... oh we all have to ask ourselves whether our empathy and acceptance is natural and deep enough. The human trait of identifiying most easily with those who appear to be "like us" is such a curse. I have never identified with a male character in any book or film, it's much easier for me to identify with a woman of colour than with a man from my own ethnic group.

The Queen of Cups is the queen of empathy and I like thinking of myself as empath. But there are some people (if you ever read Sense and Sensibility, you know it) who are very sensitive and empathic... but mostly toward themselves.

This queen asks me many difficult questions on the day of Harmony. I must say that harmony is very very important to me and I live in an irrational horror of discord. Another difficult question this queen has for me.

Day 8: 22.3. Minerva Day

Minerva/Athene is the Roman/Greek goddess of intelligence, rational thinking and objectivity. Today's card asks you how you use your intelligence and talents, whether you give them the proper place or whether you feel you have undeveloped potential. What can you do to make the best use of your mental powers and intelligence?

2021 03 22.jpg

The Hermit

Wow, this is one of the best Hermit cards I know! What a great card. (The Hermit brings out the best in many deck creators, is there some kind of self-identification with the Hermit as artist?)

I am the queen of undeveloped potential. I have so much potential that I wasted it freely. What can I do to put it all to better use? What would Minerva tell me?

I think the message of this card is crystal clear. I have ca. five half- or three-quarter-finished book manuscripts in my drawer. What I need to do is sit down, and just finish them.

these cards really feel like made for me and my situation (although the people in it are all young, slim and beautiful and I am neither).

wide circle 03.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Day 9: 23.3. Hilaria

The Roman holiday of Hilaria celebrates laughter and fun. Today's card throws a light on the place light-hearted fun and humour have in your life. Do you laugh often enough? The card challenges you to find things that make you laugh and forget your worries, and do them regularly from now on.

Queen of Pentacles

2021 03 23.jpg

And there is my second personal court card, my Queen of Earth. She should have appeared a day later, on the Earth Hour day, but no, she had to come up on Hilaria. She's pretty serious. What makes me happy and laugh? another cliche: being with my very funny husband and children, I'm the humourless part of the family. (If I make a joke, the children call it "Mama's annual joke"....). I'm a worrier and there is little light-heartedness in the last years for me. I have seen too many catastrophes break in families around me, simply too many, and I live in constant worry it might happen to us, too. Now of course this is really silly because as long as we're happy healthy and alive, we should enjoy our time together.

Oh well. My inner Queen of Pentacles, the maternal, eternal worrier, has to lighten up. Yes, I have received this message more than once. My head understands it completely. But my heart finds it difficult to put it into practice.

Day 10: 24.3. Earth Hour

On this international day, people stop to think about the environment and the use we make of it. Are you doing all you can to keep and preserve this earth? Today's card asks you to find your own connection to the Earth you live on, whether through environment awareness or the voice of your spiritual tradition. How are you connected to this Earth and how can you honour it?

Nine of Wands

2021 03 24.jpg

This is a wonderful card for this day. Protect the earth as much as you can, and let others know about the problems. Now it's interesting that there's a light shining in this card, but only one - if there is an environmental matter I'm absolutely passionate about, it's light pollution and its destructive impact. I should open my mouth in our community about the harm the light overkill does to the organisms around us.

wide circle 04.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Day 11: 25.3. Palm Sunday

The Christian holiday of Palm Sunday celebrates peace, hope and new beginnings. Today's card shows you where you have to make peace - with memories, people in your life or other painful matters. Let them go and don't beat yourself up any more.

2021 03 25.jpg

The Wheel (of Fortune)

This is a fun and laughter card! I should do some permutations with my vernal equinox card - I still have them next to me in a neat little parcel. It also means: let go of things. Time goes on in order to enjoy the moment and build the future, not in order to torture myself about a terrible faux pas I made 10 years ago. Water under the bridge. It's time to catch new chances, to stop this obsessive conscience-scrutiny that I learned in my childhood. Protestant of course. No way to pray myself out of it!

Yes, this is a wonderful card.

2021 03 25 detail.jpg

Fortuna rolls the dice. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but never lose the pleasure of playing.

Day 12: 26.3. Preparation of the Temple of Luna

On the final day of our 12 days, we prepare for the annual Roman festival in the Temple of Luna, the Moon goddess. Today's card tells you how you can become more attuned to the intuitive, quiet side within you, how you can make your spiritual work more meaningful, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. It's the message of the Moon for the spring days ahead while the influence of the Sun is rising.

2021 03 26 b.jpg

Knight of Cups

I don't really know what to make of this Knight! My romantic life is the best part of my life. My marriage is full of love and happiness. This Knight wants to tell me something else, not growth of romance etc. It's about an inner part of me, the dreamer, but not the passive - the active dreamer.

I need a kick to wake up emotionally and spiritually. This year of isolation was difficult. Knights have this kick of energy, they speed things up.

Time to shake off all my cobwebs.

wide circle 05.jpg

I did my readings every morning faithfully but didn't have the time to take pictures or post them, so I did that now.

wide circle 000.jpg

The deck is lovely, I'm glad I have it, as I said before.

Now let's look at the kinds of cards I had.

narrow circle 06.jpg

Phew, I had lots and lots of Wands! Four Wands.The Two, Six, Eight and Nine of Wands. From Wands, only minor card.

Four court cards: Knight of Cups, Queen of Cups, Queen of Pentacles and King of Swords. Like my children, when I look at it, except for the Knight of Cups. I have a Virgo daughter, a Pisces daughter and a Gemini son. Only my Capricorn son is not represented :-) (He's the only cardinal sign - all my other children are mutable, I'm fixed and my husband and this Capricorn son are cardinal).

Three times four:
four minor cards, all of them Wands,
four court cards from all suits except Wands,
four Majors.

The Majors: Hermit - Wheel - Magician - Tower.

Two Fire cards: Tower and Wheel
One Air: Magician
One Earth: Hermit

And let's look at the elements:
six Fire cards (Wheel, Tower, 2, 6, 8 and 9 Wands)
2 Air cards (King of Swords, Magician)
2 Water cards (Queen and Knight of Cups)
2 Earth cards (Queen of Pentacles, Hermit)

What does that mean? Everything is nicely balanced - but I'm in need (again! still!!!) of some fiery energy.

narrow circle 06.jpg

I know that, the cards tell me so every three months, but somehow, I'm stuck.

This deck did a very good job. I'll read a bit in the lwb, which is very pretty, and then officially close my reading.

I'm so grateful for these readings. It's like a spring cleaning.

Tonight, we celebrate Passover, so this really fits.

Return to “Cosmic Signpost: Spring Equinox 2021”