This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Welcome to the Spring/Vernal Equinox 2021 group reading!

Nemia
Sage

Welcome to the Spring/Vernal Equinox 2021 group reading!

Post by Nemia »

If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, you'll feel Spring knocking on our doors - in some places, with a shy little knock, in others, loudly and about to rush in. In the Southern Hemisphere, Autumn is coming; I have never been to the Southern Hemisphere and would love to experience it...

And here in our little corner on the Internet, we celebrate the changing seasons with our 12 day ritual - the group reading. The vernal equinox reading is perhaps the most important of all. With the start of Aries, the astrological and cosmic year begins. And it's always a good idea to get ready for it.

How do we do it? If you want to participate, pick a deck that has exactly the right vibes for you right now. Open a new thread for yourself, do your readings and post them here. Ideally, we pull our daily cards every morning and post them immediately, connecting ourselves to all those who do the same. Ideally, yeah....

If you don't have the time to pull a card every day, simply do the reading whenever you wish, and post it when you have time. There is no pressure at alll, this is for your own soul. I find it interesting to read afterwards what I found out at these times - sometimes it's quite profound, sometimes little nuggets of wisdom.

I'm looking forward very much to this reading - we're really getting close to the first day!

If you're interested in the astronomical background - I wrote about it when we started this group activity in 2018! Pictures of my own Signpost of the Year readings since summer solstice 2017 are here.

Here are the daily cards:

Day 1: 15.3. Cybele and Attis Festival

Today is the first day of week-long celebration of Cybele, the great Mother Goddess, and her youthful consort Attis. Today's card talks about love and eros in your life, and how you can celebrate them.

Day 2: 16.3. Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem

Today begins the Zoroastrian Holiday Gahambar Hamaspathmaidyem, celebrating the life cycle of human beings, from creation to death, and the presence of angels. Today's card connects you to your own path in life and the angel/power/energy that protects you.

Day 3: 17.3. Liberalia

On this day, the Romans celebrated the Liberalia festival of freedom. Today's card tells you how you use your freedom and encourages you to be really free of bonds that limit your personality, talents and longings. What are the bonds you have to break to be free?

Day 4: 18.3. Ugadi

The Hindu holiday Ugadi is celebrated in some parts of India as New Year. Its traditional food represents the different tastes: sour, salty, sweet and bitter. Today's card shows you how to balance the flavours in your life, to be able to enjoy it to the fullest in the months ahead. How can make you make your life more flavourful and enjoyable?

Day 5: 19.3. Eostre/Ostara

The Germanic goddess of spring is celebrated with eggs, rabbits and the ringing of bells. Today's card reminds you of a bell ringing in your life, a bell that calls you forward and that you didn't heed or overhear until now. Understand what this bell wants to tell you, and in the coming month, try to make its voice heard.

Day 6: 20.3. Spring/Vernal Equinox

This is the day of balance between day and night, when new things grow and push through the earth, when Kore/Persephone returns from the underworld and brings flowers with her. Today's card calls you to contemplate on creativity and renewal in your own life. Where do you resist change, and where should you embrace it?

For Southern Hemisphere tarotists who experience Autumn: what are the wilting things and feelings in my life that I should let go?

Day 7: 21.3. Harmony Day

In Australia, Harmony Day celebrates inclusiveness and acceptance. Today's card asks you to probe your own hidden prejudices, and what you can do to become more open and tolerant. Challenge yourself to inform yourself and get to know cultures, topics or people that until held irrational negative associations for you. How can you become an ambassador for inclusiveness and harmony in your society and immediate surrounding?

Day 8: 22.3. Minerva Day

Minerva/Athene is the Roman/Greek goddess of intelligence, rational thinking and objectivity. Today's card asks you how you use your intelligence and talents, whether you give them the proper place or whether you feel you have undeveloped potential. What can you do to make the best use of your mental powers and intelligence?

Day 9: 23.3. Hilaria

The Roman holiday of Hilaria celebrates laughter and fun. Today's card throws a light on the place light-hearted fun and humour have in your life. Do you laugh often enough? The card challenges you to find things that make you laugh and forget your worries, and do them regularly from now on.

Day 10: 24.3. Earth Hour

On this international day, people stop to think about the environment and the use we make of it. Are you doing all you can to keep and preserve this earth? Today's card asks you to find your own connection to the Earth you live on, whether through environment awareness or the voice of your spiritual tradition. How are you connected to this Earth and how can you honour it?

Day 11: 25.3. Palm Sunday

The Christian holiday of Palm Sunday celebrates peace, hope and new beginnings. Today's card shows you where you have to make peace - with memories, people in your life or other painful matters. Let them go and don't beat yourself up any more.

Day 12: 26.3. Preparation of the Temple of Luna

On the final day of our 12 days, we prepare for the annual Roman festival in the Temple of Luna, the Moon goddess. Today's card tells you how you can become more attuned to the intuitive, quiet side within you, how you can make your spiritual work more meaningful, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. It's the message of the Moon for the spring days ahead while the influence of the Sun is rising.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Welcome to the Spring/Vernal Equinox 2021 group reading!

Post by Rachelcat »

I'll be joining in! Thanks as always for leading us! I'm really ready for spring this year!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I am with Rachelcat.
REALLY looking forward to Spring this year.
They've opened the garden stores here in Germany and I can't wait to get started.

I am not sure which deck I will use though I am considering Spirit Keeper's Tarot (vitruvian edition)

Really looking forward to this. Thanks Nemia!!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

This will be a memorable spring for me. I'll be using the Pagan Otherworlds.
Start strong
End stronger
Christian
Seer

Post by Christian »

Im joing too, I hope I can do readings every day, I will do my best to make it. I will use the bianco nero tarot, or the classic RWS deck, which are the two tarot that call my attention to do these readings.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Dear all, I'm so excited, I really need a spring-clean reading :-) and I'm happy to see you all!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

We're three days after the last card, and if you didn't finish the reading yet, now would be the time to wrap it up. Passover is underway, so is Holi, Easter is around the corner, and Ramadan not far behind. Let's not forget the implementation of Summertime... Catch the energy of these special days to take a look at your complete reading once more and think about it.

Take this energy with you while the sun climbs steadily. Aries energy is the strongest push of all. I hope that this energy will carry us until our next group reading, when the sun is highest, in June.

May you all be happy, protected, blessed and optimistic until then and always.

Thank you for participating in this group reading. I hope the insights we all gained help us to live better lives.

Return to “Cosmic Signpost: Spring Equinox 2021”