This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 9 Tarot of the Curious East

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 9 Tarot of the Curious East

Post by Rachelcat »

Here a majors-only beauty from Lynyrd Narciso/Paraluman Studios. It features different styles of Asian art on each large, landscape card. The cards are illustrated to look like they’re painted on four-paneled silk screens. I know practically zero about art, so bear with me if I get the attributions wrong. And correct me if you can! It came with a very cool hand-made pouch. My deck is number 39 of 50 copies.

Sunday1.jpg

I’m happy to get back to one card a day, starting today.
What do I need to know about working with you (deck) this week?

Sunday2.jpg

II. The High Priestess

The deck will have a lot to teach me about religion and spirituality. Which is good because that’s my only (tenuous) connection to Asian art. This is Prajnaparamita, a goddess/Buddha who is also a group of scriptures. She and the scroll she holds are the same. Her name means Perfection (paramita) of Wisdom (prajna). She is pure and displays the depths of meditation. The dramatic rocks behind her are like those in Chinese ink drawings, but these are beautiful and colorful, rather than stark and monochrome. Anything is possible.

Wow, I told you the deck is beautiful! Have a very happy week and Sunday! I can’t wait to draw more cards from this deck!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 9 Tarot of the Curious East

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
A card for today!

Monday.jpg

XVII. The Star

A well-dressed young lady observes a bright star decoration from her balcony. We’re up high, closer to heaven here. But the star is manmade, not a real star in the sky. This means today my blessings will come from people, not random happenstance. It will be a social, personal brightness that I experience today. And all manner of things will be well.

I hope we all have a happy week!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday

Tuesday.jpg

VII The Chariot
How does one man ride two elephants at the same time? One light, one dark. They are very much in step with each other, so that might make it easier. The elephants are very decorated, and it looks like they’re traveling within a palace compound, not out in the forest. So he’s making progress without much risk involved.

Today I will make progress on what I’m working on, and I won’t get off track, for good or ill.

Sounds good for a Tuesday! Have a good day today!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
I’m still worried about politics, my country.

Wednesday.jpg

XVI The Tower
Ok, that’s not good. My very least favorite card in the deck! I don’t want it to burn. I’m too hold to have to go through something like that. I’m not ready for interesting times. Maybe it means Trumpism has crashed and burned already, and we just don’t know it yet. Trying to get something encouraging from this . . .

Interesting how the whole palace is on fire. How we can fit a tower into a landscape card. No people. But the fire highlights the beauty of the carving. Maybe when the fire is out, the outlines will remain and the palace can be rebuilt better than before.

Sorry for being a bummer today. I hope you have a worry-free day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Card for today

Thursday.jpg

XXI. The World
Here is the world dancer as a Hindu or Buddhist goddess. Even though she’s dancing, she’s in a deep meditative state. The animals around her are on lotus thrones: snake, tiger, dragon, eagle.

Today things will go smoothly, feeling like they’re as they’re meant to be. All’s right with the world. At least for today. I’ll take it!

Have a beautiful day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
Card of the day

Friday.jpg

XIV. Temperance
All things in moderation, including moderation. Even though this is meant as a kind of humorous reflection on temperance, it’s actually very Buddhist, too. Similar to the Buddhist idea that if you think things actually exist, you’re in trouble. But if you think things DON’T exist, then you’re in even MORE trouble! Just one version of the concept of the Middle Way.

Here, the Buddha is shown with the turning the wheel mudra, which is the gesture showing he is teaching. It’s also a good choice to show the balance and mirroring of temperance.

So let’s not go to extremes today. We’ll enjoy the happy medium! Have a very happy Friday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday
Last day for Tarot of the Curious East
Tarot Society meeting today. How will it go?

Saturday.jpg

VI. The Lovers
Well, that’s good for a meeting I think! We will join together as equals and the sum will be greater than its parts.

I’m seeing this as a very airy card, besides the fiery/solar man and moon-crowned woman. He has a really big . . . sword, and she has two big fans. Works with Gemini as the card attribution. The supporters or retainers or groomsman and bridesmaid double fire and water, spear and umbrella.

So all in all an elemental card, but also a naturalistic one.

I’ve really enjoyed using this deck instead of just looking at it. I hope you enjoyed it too!

Have a happy weekend! I’ll see you tomorrow with another one of my little experiments!

Return to “Week 09 - My Deck of the Week”