This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Revival: My Deck of The Week

Should My Deck of the Week run each week from

Saturday to Friday
13%
Monday to Sunday
33%
Sunday to Saturday
53%
other
No votes

Total votes: 15

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Revival: My Deck of The Week

Post by Joan Marie »

My Deck of the Week is Back!

We have had it here at CoT in different forms, but now it is back in its purest and simplest form and I really hope a lot of you will join in.

here's how it works:
  • Each week you choose a deck to use from your collection. Any kind of deck is welcome. Tarot, Oracle, etc.
  • Every day that week do a reading for yourself with that deck. This can be anything from a one-card draw to a full spread of your choosing.
  • Post a picture of the card or cards and post something about your reading.
Share as much as you wish to. The reading is interesting, but My Deck of the Week is also about the decks. You are encouraged (highly encouraged!) to talk about the deck you are using. Tell us where you got it or what you like (or don't like) about it or why you haven't used it in a while, anything you want.

The object of this is to inspire us to re-connect with new decks, older decks, decks we have not used in a while or just to create a deeper connection to a favourite deck. Also, it's so interesting to us all to see other decks in use and hear about what your experience is with them.

Each week I will create a sub-forum here with the dates and you can open a thread with your name and your deck name and you can put all your week's posts there.

I'm thinking of starting it on Saturday, so it would run Saturday to Friday each week. Alternatively it could run Monday to Sunday, or Sunday to Saturday. Please vote in the poll with your preference.

Also, please leave any ideas suggestions or comments you have.

I'm really excited to get this going and see all your collections.
By the way, you don't have to have an extensive collection to participate. This is just a chance to talk about the decks you do have and share them with us and tell us about your experience with them.
Thanks!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Revival: My Deck of The Week

Post by Joan Marie »

haha! so far we have a 4-way tie, including "Other" for what day to start the week on.

Maybe the solution is instead of posting the weeks by date, post them by number. So, Week 1, Week 2, etc. And you can just jump in on whichever day you prefer.

So at any given time there will be two active weeks going.

I think that'll work.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

yes! just take the number! that works for me. i’m really excited and can’t wait to get started. thanks for re-introducing this topic!
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Cool! I know you have a few (HUNDRED!) decks to play with so I'm really looking forward to see them and hearing what you have to say about them.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

Nice. I voted, but really I'm amenable to any dates or using the numbered weeks. :D
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV

Return to “2021 - My Deck of the Week Archive”