This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 7 Cult of Weimar Tarot

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 7 Cult of Weimar Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Sunday

I had scheduled a pair of romance-y lenormands for this week, but guess what arrived! My Cult of Weimar second edition, that’s what!

For full disclosure, “decadent” and collage aren’t my favorite art styles. And the only thing I know about the theme is from a documentary on the history of film, and watching Metropolis and Cabaret. So we’ll see how it goes this week!

I was pleasantly surprised by the specificity of the lwb. The movies, artists, and art are almost all identified. So I’ve got a lot of leads now to follow up on to fill in my knowledge gaps!

And I just have to say that the green and black backs and shiny green edges completely fit into my idea of decadent!

If you’ve been around here, you’ve seen the extra cards, Shadow and Epiphany. I’m going to leave them in the deck and see if they turn up.

Sunday1.jpg

I’ve got a lot of shuffling to do, and then on to an interview!

Sunday2.jpg

Most important characteristic: IX Wands
The deck must defending itself and the art forms it depicts in a crowded tarot market. But it has plenty of power to do so effectively.

Deck’s strength: Wheel of Fortune
Deck’s weakness: Magician
These are very similar cards! At its best, the deck purveys true mystery and magic At its worst, it’s all about mere showmanship.

What deck can teach me: Queen of Wands
It can teach me about female power and the power of the feminine. Not always the same thing, but both personified in the Queen of Wands.

How can I learn it: Emperor
By understanding that it’s ALL about power, power over others, power over self, power of the establishment and the counterculture, etc.

Outcome of our work together: IV Cups
The deck will definitely get emotional responses from me, but will also provoke some soul searching within that.

Looks great! I can’t wait to continue tomorrow! Happy Valentine's Day!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 7 Cult of Weimar Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
It’s Presidents Day, and yesterday’s reading said it’s all about power. But I don’t know what “it” is. The deck? Life, the universe and everything?

So the question for today is what do I need to know about power and leadership? Elemental star spread seems appropriate.

Monday.jpg

Physically: Lovers
Lovers as choice: If you vote for them, you have to live with them. Or if the majority votes for them. It’s still a choice. Since this is the only major, this is the main point. I democratic countries, somebody at least chooses the leaders, they don’t force themselves upon us.

Emotionally: VII Swords
7 is emotions; swords are mind, so I’m thinking our reaction and relationship to leaders and power are much more emotional than we let on. We talk and act like we’re all rational, but there’s a strong hidden emotional element.

Intellectually: VIII Cups
And here’s the opposite card, with 8 as mind and cups as emotions. And I think it means pretty much the same. We are busy making intellectual rationalizations to support our secretly emotional reactions and desires to leaders and people in power.

Energetically: Knight of Coins
In this swirl of choice, emotion, and rationalization, we’re still the “little people,” working to make a living and trying to get ahead in the world our leaders have made.

Spiritually: IX Swords
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Or what goes around comes around, rough and ready karma. We need leaders who have at least some form of conscience because the temptation to throw everyone except one’s self under the bus is great. Interesting that the 9 and 10 Swords are similar, even the same woman is depicted. I like the subtle difference.

Hmm, things to think about. I’m looking at each card in the lwb as I read, not sharing that with you here, but learning a lot!

Have a great day! See you tomorrow!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Back to work day! Just a short all-purpose spread to day because I’ve got to get back to work!

Tuesday.jpg

Me: VIII Coins
Love the strategically placed camera bag! I’m a worker, and I’m good at what I do. I like to do a good job. But it does get repetitive after a while! 22 years with the same firm this spring.

Issue: IX Coins
When it comes to thinking about my work, I should focus on the payment and what I do with the money I earn. He (she?) has all his physical needs taken care of and his assets where he wants them, under control.

Outcome: II Wands
When it comes to my finances, I’m going to take some kind of action, maybe saving more or organizing my income in a different way.

Advice: Empress
Ask Joan Marie for advice! Since she has such a great avatar! Just kidding! I need to realize I’m in charge of my money and my work life, and I need to make decisions about it, not just trundle along in the same way because that’s what I always did. Money is important to me because comfort and security are important to me. And beauty and home. I need ot consider all those things when thinking about my work life.

Have a happy Tuesday and a great week ahead!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Can I write?
Four Noble Truths Spread

Wednesday1.jpg

Issue: Queen of Coins
I focus on results, but I also have to feel it. And it’s my creation, my child, a reflection on me. I take it personally.

Cause of issue: High Priestess
It has meaning. It will define me. I would have to share my spirituality and views.

Outcome: IV Wands
Yes? I will be able to boil down my energy and understanding to manifest a product. I can bring it to conclusion?

Advice: Queen of Cups
Focus less on product and more on reflection.

3 path cards: Page of Coins, II Cups, King of Cups
Water of water to earth of earth: Reflection is important, but so is product. Go all in on both.

Know what I like and go with that. Don’t be wishy-washy. I didn’t know silverware crowns were a thing, but here are both the King and queen of cups with them!

Wednesday2.jpg

After I deal with reflecting and producing, THEN I can be in charge of putting it out there, not before. Don’t put the cart before the horse. Unless it’s a wheelbarrow. Or the spoon before the handle, I guess.

Well, that was a little whimsical, but I think I know what the cards are getting at. I really will have to let it all sink in. That’s really the part of reading I’m bad at. Also a product of reading for myself every day. I need to read on something else or get someone to read for me, or both!

Have a lovely Wednesday, my tarot people! See you tomorrow!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Why the who is in the what. Haven’t done that one for a while!

Thursday.jpg

Ace of Swords, King of Swords, II Cups, XX Last Judgement

In the mind realm, I’ll come to a realization about attraction and relationship by breaking down the ideas and seeing where they lead. Because it’s time for me to move on to a higher level of understanding of people and their motivations, and how that relates to me.

I’m getting a very positive vibe from these cards. I guess I just really like all of them! I always get a thrill from Judgment, and this is such an inspiring Judgment!

I hope we all have an inspiring day ahead!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Hey I just now had a chance to take a peek at this!

Can you believe it, I just got my deck yesterday? Everybody else had theirs already but me!

It's a little late to join you for this week, but I think I may try this deck out next week!

Nice readings by the way!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Rachelcat wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 13:50 Tuesday...

... Advice: Empress
Ask Joan Marie for advice!...
😂👏👏

My first thought when I saw your spread was, "Oh look, there's Joan Marie!"
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday

Good morning, ladies! I’m really getting into this deck. It’s like a tv show where you learn more about the characters and setting in each episode. But the plots are based on the randomness of cards! This could be a great storytelling deck.

I had a dream this morning that was just silly on the face of it, but has given me a dark vibe. I need cheering up! How about three things to be thankful for?

Friday.jpg

III Wands
I’m thankful for anticipation! Reading a lot of Buddhism has given this a negative spin, not living in the present, being on a treadmill of desire and dissatisfaction, but sometimes it’s quite enjoyable! And helpful, if you’re working toward a goal. It helps you stay positive and hopeful even though you’re not there yet!

Queen of Cups
I’m thankful for my emotional, Cancer sun character. I guess. Sometimes I’m clueless about other people’s emotions, but at least I’m in touch with my own. And the reflective thing. I actually think it’s interesting and fun that I’m very into organization and all facts -- and divination!

XI Justice
I’m thankful for karma and for healthful balance. The universe knows what’s in your heart, and you’ll be repaid for it. I have to believe that, or things would just be random and depressing. On the other hand, I hate it when people use the concept of karma to blame the victim. “They must have done something terrible in the past for such terrible things to happen to them now.” That’s definitely a weasel way to get out of feeling compassion for people who are really down and out. I think about this in relation to our new president. He’s had such terrible personal suffering. I can’t imaging going through half of that! But maybe the universe was preparing him to be the person we need to heal our country. Again, I’d like to think there’s a purpose behind all that . . .

And healthful balance. Just the idea of equilibrium and proper life balance is healing. We don’t have to achieve it perfectly! Just keeping it in mind helps!

Ok, now I do feel better! Have a very happy Friday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day for Cult of Weimar
I have some time and no question, so how about the “oldest spread”?

Saturday.jpg

2 pairs:

XV The Devil, II Cups
Relationships that seem based on celebration and fun can quickly turn into a trap of indulgence and addiction. The young dancers in the II Cups are very vulnerable. Their innocent freedom and partying leaves them open to being used and manipulated.

XII The Hanged One, Knight of Swords
I’m sorry to say I’m see just about the same thing in this pair. Except the Knight has seen through the glamor to the danger partiers, especially performers, face. Maybe she’s an avenger or rescuer come to release the hanged ones from their bondage.

As you see, I feel like I’ve gotten a glimpse inside this culture/bit of history, and I’m seeing clear scenarios. I enjoyed the deck very much, and will definitely read with it again. Which can’t be said for all of my decks of the week!

I’ll be back tomorrow with another new deck, new to DoW and new to me!

Return to “Week 07 - My Deck of the Week”