This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Herbal, plant-based, botanical decks

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Herbal, plant-based, botanical decks

Post by Nemia »

Over the last few years, a lot of beautiful decks have been created around botanical topics. Flowers, trees, herbs, either in specialized decks or, like the Bottanical, as all-around decks reflecting growing things, including cacti and fungi.

Aesthetically, I'm very much attracted to these decks. I also love animal decks. It's always interesting to see how artists translate the tarot archetypes into the language of plants.

Botanically, I find it difficult to connect to a deck with a high percentage of plants that don't grow here. Not very logical, I have no problems with decks including ice bears or landscapes or Gods far removed from my environment. However, I feel one way of connecting to a plant deck is finding and smelling and observing the plants in question. So while it's fascinating to see a deck of Australian or Canadian flora, something held me back until now. And I didn't buy even one botanical deck although my wishlist includes a LOT of such decks.

I'm curious now to hear from people who have such decks, work with them, there are so many things you can do with a plant-based deck!, so please let me know which decks you have, enjoy, recommend, or whatever you think about them.

Here is a list from Aeclectic. And there is an interesting thread in TT&M.
_R_
Sybil

Re: Herbal, plant-based, botanical decks

Post by _R_ »

This is a timely topic as I have just been translating a short article on the Tarot and the Chaldean herbs, and I look forward to learning more about these decks too.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”