This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Collage Tarot Decks

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
DejaVoo
Seeker

Collage Tarot Decks

Post by DejaVoo »

I'm in need of finding good collage tarot decks for professional readings for clients. I find that the collage decks are eye candy and can help in unfolding a story with my readings.

Are there any suggestions?
stronglove
Sage

Re: Collage Tarot Decks

Post by stronglove »

ahhh there are so many......
depends also on what you consider ‘collage’, some collage decks are almost ‘seamless’, others are more ‘rough at the edges’
but here are some suggestions

modern medieval
lioness oracle
guided hand
practical magic
textured
she wolfe
serpentfire
artist’s inner vision
shrine of the black medusa
hidden light
transformational
voyager
stretch
antiquarian
starchild
moonchild
spolia
golden

happy hunting!
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

That Artists Inner Vision that you mention stronglove is really quite astonishing. 🤩 I'd really love so see all the cards. I'm hugely not an Arthur Waite person (understatement) but I don't really see much of Waite in this card. It seems to be what is described. An "Artists' Inner Vision". So far at least - I'd need to look at more cards to be sure. But I do feel that this is an authentic deck. I feel one can trust it.

I may even write to Santa Claus about this and see if it can't be put down the chimney, or at least delivered by the postman if he's too busy. Which is a better option actually because I don't have a chimney. I did hear also that his reindeer are on strike demanding better working conditions. Or maybe it's fossil fuel divestment, I can't recall now. (That's a funny word "fossil". It's only recently I realised it was "fossil" and not "fossile. But I think that may be because in French they're pronounced the same so I got confused.)

But first I'd like to see more of the cards before deciding. I'm not a deck collector. And know nothing about decks in general.

So thanks so much for including this deck in your list !!!

The Three of Cups is just sort of.... wow. I can't find another word but wow (some days one brain is a bit sleepy, but you get the gist I think.) I don't understand it at all - not even a smidgen but it's the kind of card I feel like diving into and see what I can see and feel. It's the kind of deck one needs to experience. (No, Arthur, you are NOT invited to the party. How many times have I told you this ??)

3 Cups artists inner vision.jpg
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
DejaVoo
Seeker

Post by DejaVoo »

stronglove wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 19:16 ahhh there are so many......
depends also on what you consider ‘collage’, some collage decks are almost ‘seamless’, others are more ‘rough at the edges’
but here are some suggestions

modern medieval
lioness oracle
guided hand
practical magic
textured
she wolfe
serpentfire
artist’s inner vision
shrine of the black medusa
hidden light
transformational
voyager
stretch
antiquarian
starchild
moonchild
spolia
golden

happy hunting!
I really appreciate you taking the time to list all of these suggestions for me ;)

Thank you so much!
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

......a very late reply but just getting some catching-up thoughts out there.

Yes, always good to see Kat Black's "Golden" listed and of course there is her "Touchstone Tarot".

There is another deck that is never mentioned, although I think it deserves some recognition, the "Infinite Visions Tarot" by Gloria Jean:

http://www.infinitevisionstarot.com/

Admittedly, this deck is technically wanting, in that sense, it is in no way on par with Kat Black's decks.
However, I've always admired it because it is, for me at least, very heartfelt and sincere.
There is an honesty in this deck that resonates with me. I believe you can actually find some youtube videos of readings with it.

It is not an inexpensive deck, and one might even say that for the asking price, the quality should be much better.
I won't dispute that, it's not exactly a "value" when compared to what you might acquire for the same amount of money.

On another note, Boadicea's Tarot of Earthly Delights https://paula-millet.squarespace.com/ is a stunner.

It's here on the forum's Library of Tarot Decks: app.php/tarot_decks_b?start=11

Congratulations to Joan Marie for this remarkable discovery. :!:
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Kimber
Seer

Post by Kimber »

I have created and self-published two collage decks; one Majors only, with alternates, called the Taschen Tarot, and a full 78 card deck called the Toscano Tarot. There's a review of the Toscano on Diane Brandt Wilkes' website, www.tarotpassages.com, although I couldn't get the page to load for me. If anyone's interested, say the word and I'll post some pics! :)
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Interested! Please post some pics! You can introduce your deck here: viewforum.php?f=18

Unfortunately, it seems that Diane's wonderful pages have been taken off the Net :-(
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Kimber wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 00:42 If anyone's interested, say the word and I'll post some pics! :)
Yes Please!!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Hedera
Seer

Post by Hedera »

Two of my favourite tarot decks are collage!

The Lioness Oracle Tarot (confusing name; it is 100% tarot, she works under the name 'Lioness Oracle' and created a tarot deck with that name).
It's a great, timeless deck for meditation and self-exploration.

Also the Textured Tarot; excellent reader, lovely diversity, contemporary without feeling 'hip' ;)
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

I second the Textured Tarot, it's truly a beautiful deck! It's modern yet timeless, diverse and feels more 'universal' than any deck I've ever had.
The Ashley Cook Tarot is a good option too, it has brilliant imagery and symbolism.
The Uncommon Tarot is quite a nice mass-market deck for an affordable option.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Here is a a short flip-through of the Textured tarot. If I was looking for a collage-style deck to read with for clients? This would be high on my list for its flavor and style.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Cult of Weimar and Stretch are two collage decks I really like.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

This is an older thread but I'm glad I found it.

I received today the beautiful Tarot of Mystical Moments by Catrin Welz-Stein, a digital collage deck with surrealist atmosphere and a very seamless look. It looks wonderful for intuitive readings. A good walkthrough video:

I mentioned the Stretch and Cult of Weimar decks before, both great for deep readings.

There are also the art collage decks, like the Distant Past, Touchstone and Golden Tarot.

I have found that collage decks work very well for me. Seamless or not, the association of different elements helps my brain to associate, too. And most of them are so rich that I don't need many cards to read with them. I always prefer a nice little spread of three or maximum four cards.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”