This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Nemia »

I will order again the Lo Scarabeo Tarot Calendar for 2021 - I've had their calendars for the last few years and really love them. But I'd also love to order the Tarot of the Divine and can't understand why it's not available in Book Depository - it was on pre-order for MONTHS and now that the pre-order time is over, it's unavailable :roll: Does anybody know what's the problem?

(Book Depository is great for people like me who live in a little corner of the world called the Middle East - all other shipping options are too expensive.)
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Didactic
Start strong
End stronger
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

I bought the Fate/Journey tarot; it's an absolute dream. Such a beautiful deck, it wasn't cheap but worth every penny. I really hope it gets here though! Shipping here from its source country is dicey these days because my country wants to stop all imports with that country TT but the seller hasn't marked my country as one they can't currently ship to, so I'm holding out hope. I love this deck.

I also bought the Cosmic Tarot, which is definitely going to get here later this month. After it arrives, I'll buy the guidebook- the KIndle version is available.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

I didn't share that the deck-stork was bringing this deck because I wasn't entirely sure it would show up...
But Таро Евы / Eva's Tarot (purchased through Лабиринт / Labirint) travelled safely from Russia to the UK in only 10 days!

The vast majority of new decks these days leave me cold, but this one really appeals to me, for reasons I haven't had time to figure out yet. 😊 But I will.
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

My orders for the Gill Tarot and the New Century Tarot were cancelled :/ I'm pretty disappointed. I haven't given up on them, though. They're must-have decks for me.
In the meanwhile, the Next World Tarot will be arriving any day now!
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

So looking forward to the arrival of,Steampunk Tarot.
Unfortunately it won't get here until after Christmas, as I'd hoped to use with the Sacred Days of Yule group.
It was inexpensive and to date the least I've spent on a pack of tarot cards. If they turn out to be low grade I'll be well satisfied. The idea of steampunk machinery and sci-fi technology being used with computer online communication is also very appealing.
Mab
Seeker

Post by Mab »

I have bought a genuine Light Seer deck, after inadvertently buying a fake one.
So many fakes about...

I have some Kickstarter decks on the way, but I doubt they will arrive before Xmas. I've been told that the Grim Tarock I bought off eBay is now lost in the post :|
Heigh ho.
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Santa (via my son and daughter-in-law) brought me Tarot del Toro, a deck based on the films of Guillermo del Toro. Which I don't know much about, but now I'll learn! It's done with real woodblock prints. It's a little too creepy for me, but I like the art style. I'll be using it in an upcoming deck of the week, so stay tuned for more pics. Here's a teaser.

Tarot del Toro.jpg
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

In January both the Melanated Classic Tarot and (thanks to TarotbyArwen) Sola Busca 2.0 Revisited will be arriving. Very excited.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
testpattern
Seer

Post by testpattern »

Rachelcat wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 15:44 Santa (via my son and daughter-in-law) brought me Tarot del Toro, a deck based on the films of Guillermo del Toro.
I just got it too! It's beautiful. More pop cultural than I generally incline to, and perhaps some of the decision making about cards was more about looking cool than about following any traditional model. That being said, I am looking forward to really digging in to it.
Mab
Seeker

Post by Mab »

Papageno wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 08:18 Kamar-Taj-Library.jpg

Wong and Stephen Strange have added a new and extraordinary new tarot deck to the library:

Conceptually and artistically BRILLIANT.
Wow, the Keymaster looks fabulous! It just shouts quality. (How did I miss that on Kickstarter?)
The pictures are very striking.

I also like the clever way they have combined the spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts with the swords, batons, pentacles and cups on the same card, without it looking too full up, a very elegant solution. And I speak as someone who prefers illustrated minors.

And I'm such a child... that fabulous box is the icing on the cake. I might have to buy it.😋

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of that very special deck, which I'm not going to name until it is in my hot little hands, for fear of jinxing it... I have recently had one go missing in the post, and although I got a refund, it was so disappointing.

But I got the Witches Wisdom as a Yule present from my son, hooray.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I just ordered the 5-Cent Tarot by Madam Clara because I realize it's kind of an animal deck. I don't know if it will qualify for my "one card, one species" collection because there seems to be some repeats on some cards. Also not sure I'll like ALL the keywords, so we'll see.

I already backed the Two-Penny Oracle, of which I think I WILL like all the keywords, so this can't be all the different, right? And I'm a sucker for round decks, so . . . It should be coming sometime.

And we got the email that the Cult of Weimar is shipping!

I need to overhaul my collection list to account for the new acquisitions (and some I gave away at Christmas).
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Rachelcat wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 16:22 ... And we got the email that the Cult of Weimar is shipping!
And I was just about to post that the deck-stork is bring my Cult of Weimar!!!
Happy dances, all around. 👍😁
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

Not the Cult of Weimar, but almost as good... The Infernal Tarot - A 200 year old secret Tarot deck is on the way (finally) :)
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

A very kind user on the Cartomancy boards sent me a pm - Adam MacLean sells some very very rare decks, among them my absolute dream deck, the Lebanese. It's very expensive, 180$!, and I'm unemployed right now - but I didn't want to give up so easily. I sent him a mail and he agreed to keep one deck for me until the end of March. Until then, I'll have to find the money to buy this deck. So the deck stork didn't even start but I have hope in my heart. Isn't that wonderful? I fell in love with this deck and I WANT to have it. Everybody in my family says I spent much too much money on my tarot decks and that may be true.... especially on shipping.... but it's my only extravagance.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Nemia wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 11:16 but it's my only extravagance.
I think of all the money I'm saving because of the lockdown. I have spent basically nothing on clothes, haircuts or hair products, cosmetics, shoes. There just isn't any point since the only place I ever go is the grocery store and the street market. Everything else here in Germany is closed. Looking forward to, and then getting a new deck or book in the post is my main consumer joy these days.

waiting.gif
waiting.gif (3.5 MiB) Viewed 3237 times
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Joan Marie wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 12:30
Nemia wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 11:16 but it's my only extravagance.
I think of all the money I'm saving because of the lockdown. I have spent basically nothing on clothes, haircuts or hair products, cosmetics, shoes. There just isn't any point since the only place I ever go is the grocery store and the street market. Everything else here in Germany is closed. Looking forward to, and then getting a new deck or book in the post is my main consumer joy these days.

waiting.gif
I'm definitely on the same boat myself, I don't even know what it is to spend money on clothes anymore, or cosmetic or anything like that. But I am waiting for the Kickstarter deck Tarot Morandi to ship out to me, and for the Yokai Yochi Tarot (another kickstarter) to close and go into production.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

qndynes wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 21:13 I'm definitely on the same boat myself, I don't even know what it is to spend money on clothes anymore, or cosmetic or anything like that. But I am waiting for the Kickstarter deck Tarot Morandi to ship out to me, and for the Yokai Yochi Tarot (another kickstarter) to close and go into production.
I am spending too much money on tarot decks and books about tarot but it is all bringing me joy and I cut out other extravagances like board games and UberEats.

The Gnostic Tarot finished Kickstarter and I should be getting that by Christmas and consider it a present for then. I have a copy of the Papus tarot coming and trying to decide which Kickstarter that ends in March I can afford to back.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

My Cult of Weimar has cleared Customs and is on its way! 💜
Our local post office has been decimated by COVID and we've had no post for over a week, but I understand Tracked items are supposed to be being delivered. 🤞
Attachments
Screenshot_20210211-115707_Email(2).jpg
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

It's here!!! On the first flip-thru, I think these are my favourite trumps -

20210212_115005.jpg

And look at the edging!

20210212_114445.jpg

Thank you Joan Marie, I 💚 it!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

JudyK wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 11:58
Thank you Joan Marie, I 💚 it!
I'm sooo glad you like it. Thank you for the message!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Kimber
Seer

Post by Kimber »

Deck Stork currently en route with:
Spread Machine, Shining Tribe Art Deck (already have it but this is 1/78 and it was a decent price, soooo....), Eros Tarot, Heartspun Tarot, Honest Truth 3.3, On the Horizon Tarot, Gnostic Tarot (Welkin), Pokemon Tarot, and Thoth Journey (Benebell just reviewed).

Jonesing for the mailman!! :lol:
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Wow, Kimber, that sounds like very happy days for you, waiting for wonderful things! I'd love to see some pictures!

Spread Machine looks great - I have the 1000 Spreads deck and like it, although more for exercises and study than for readings.

I can't believe that I just did it - I didn't believe I'd ever say these words - I ordered the Lebanese Tarot. Of all my Unreachables, this was the Most Unreachable of All. There are only 100 in print, and already when I discovered it, there were no copies left. I can't count the years that I've wanted this deck. I don't know why - I'm not usually a majors-only-deck kind of crone - but the art of this deck simply did something to my heart.

I haven't ordered a new deck for some time and now I'm very very happy!
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Kimber- My copy of the Gnostic tarot just got here and I'm really happy with it.

Nemia- That is wonderful news! I'd been following how badly you wanted that deck and knowing that everything fell into place and it is on its way is just so thrilling!

For me, I broke down and ordered inexpensive (but not pirated) copies of the Papus tarot and Wirth tarot for research purposes and then Tarot Avatara just concluded its Kickstarter so I will be broke but content for the rest of the month! :)
― Jack Parsons

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”