This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
rylla
Seeker

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by rylla »

I've got the Lonely Dreamer tarot second edition. I'm beyond happy with it.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Got my Cosma Visions deck and Cosma/Prisma Visions guidebook in from the Kickstarter campaign. The cards are gorgeous and I’m going through the book before doing a reading, but it looks promising.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

rylla wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 12:02 I've got the Lonely Dreamer tarot second edition. I'm beyond happy with it.
I have the 1st edition, I just love it. Such a strange, beautiful and evocative deck.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh my darling deck stork. It brought me today the Lebanese Tarot. I have wanted this deck for so long, I simply can't believe that I'm now one of only 100 happy souls who have this deck in their hands. It's majors only, madly expensive but I guess if I ever have to sell my collection, I'll be able to find someone to take it ;-) I hope though that it won't be necessary.

I have nr. 96, a nice number, the cardstock feels great, very smooth and solid, and I think I'll use it for my Vernal Equinoxe reading! which is sooooon!!!!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I can't wait to see pictures of it!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

This one showed up before I even had a chance to say it was on its way!

Autonomic Tarot, by David Keenan, art by Sophy Hollington, published by Rough Trade Books, 2018. I ordered from it Amazon Friday morning and it was here Saturday evening!
Autonomic Tarot.jpg

I love the linocut look and general weirdness of it, and I'm intrigued by the format - 22 trumps plus Aces and 10s. Thirty cards, that's it. The card titles reflect the Thoth system. (This image looks blurred, at least to me, but it's clear when you click on it.)
Autonomic Tarot full (Large).jpg

And I got two "Ace" of Disks with my set. I can display one. 😊
Autonomic Tarot - duplicate cards.jpg
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

The Beautiful Creatures Tarot 2nd Edition as well as the Les Vampires Oracle are arriving by the end of the month/beginning of next month!
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Mokona wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 17:48 The Beautiful Creatures Tarot 2nd Edition
The little Durga playing an electric sitar is really cute.

I got a Rider-Waite-Smith pack today.
A bit disappointed with the colours, especially the blotchy red faces. Funny, I thought this could happen without doing some research. I should have waited … if you'll excuse that old chestnut!!!

The deck has an extra card, with a small picture of Pamela Coleman-Smith and a brief biography, that just might come in useful as a clarifier finder.
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

Right?! Sometimes depictions of Hindu deities or deities in general annoys me- like Alana Fairchild's decks- but in this case I actually like the depictions!

It's interesting that that deck comes with a picture of Pamela Colman Smith, Ciderwell. :o
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

The Stella is on its long, long way to me, and I'm very happy.

I've pampered myself for my birthday with two decks that have caught my fancy and I want to see them together: Dreamkeeper and Field Tarot.

I'll also order Mystical Moments and Oriens, and then Painted Tarot and Children of Litha. I have a plan for the next few months :-)
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh my poor deck stork! One unforeseen problem with our car, and I had to cancel my orders :cry: I'm glad deck stork didn't leave the nest already and it was easy to cancel the order.

It's very sad but I hope I'll be able to afford the decks next month or the month afterwards. I can't earmark money for tarot right now.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Nemia wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 08:06 Oh my poor deck stork! One unforeseen problem with our car, and I had to cancel my orders :cry:
Oh Nemia, I'm so sorry. 😞
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Thank you, dear JudyK, it's so wonderful to have this little corner of the world where people understand my feelings! Everybody else brutally says: you don't seriously want any more decks, do you????

:lol: :lol:
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

I hope your decks will be with you soon, Nemia.

Tabula Mundi has been my go-to /favorite since 2016. Today I saw that there's a silver foil ed. available (like the one that was part of the Babalon package originally). I splurged. First deck I've bought since the Budapest in Feb. 2020.
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Thanks to karinac73 reporting in this thread that a limited run of a second edition of the Tyldwick deck just launched -and- my May SSDI check arriving today instead of Monday? I am so excited to say that Tyldwick is joining my modest collection. If I don't use UberEats at all this month, I can totally justify the cost + steep shipping cost to the US. And Tyldwick > Fast Food, hands down.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

My Tyldwick is on the way too. I ordered without realizing it was a limited run. I'm glad I did now. I dragged my feet on the first edition and wished I hadn't.

On a separate note, I picked up a François Héri 1718 at the Lavonia, GA Renaissance Fair this afternoon :) As luck would have it I live 10 minutes away from there and a Facebook friend was doing tarot readings. We agreed to meet there earlier in April do the trade.
Tarot Visions
Seeker

Post by Tarot Visions »

Hello, I am awaiting 2 Kickstarter decks: Fantome and the Notoria Tarot of Light. Both are very different I am eager to add them to my collection. The Fantome deck is very interesting because it comes with an app that will open 3D details that have been encoded onto each card. To my knowledge it is the first one to do this so I put it in the same class of innovation as the first all photographic deck by Bea Nettles or The Voyger collage deck. Undoubtably there will be others to follow suite as there always is. I had also backed a deck where the cards were somehow linked to musical notes and the reading was transformed into a melody. I thought it was on Kickstarter but it didn't appear in my search so perhaps it was Indigogo. I haven't heard from the creator in quite a while so perhaps it fell apart. There is so much happening in the Tarot community now it is hard to keep up with it. Happy collecting!!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tarot Visions wrote: 12 May 2021, 13:48 The Fantome deck is very interesting because it comes with an app that will open 3D details that have been encoded onto each card. To my knowledge it is the first one to do this
This sounds so interesting! Maybe a little too techy for me, but I agree, it's great that creators are still innovating!

In the meantime, I just ordered two from Amazon:
Rose Tarot by Nigel Jackson
Prism Oracle: Tap into Your Intuition with the Magic of Color by Nicole Pivirotto

I love Nigel Jackson's quirky art and his tarot scholarship, so the Rose should be fun. I saw the Prism as I was ordering and added it on. I'm interested in color theory (not that I know much about it), so I thought I'd give it a try.

And I'll be grabbing up two LS decks when they become available on Amazon: Amor et Psyche Oracle and Ferenc Pinter Tarot (borderless reissue of Tarot of the Imagination). Just like the art of these!

AND Kickstarters I'm awaiting are:
Two-Penny Oracle by Madam Clara, round version
Star & Crown Oracle (of course!)
Tarotbot

So I'll have lots of new decks to use for my decks of the week! Looking forward to that!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'm happy! A beautiful beautiful deck landed in my hands today: the Stella. It took six weeks to arrive here, the customs office checked the parcel, opened and re-packed it. But it's perfect and oh I'm happy. Just what I needed today.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

The silver edition Tabula Mundi arrived! I'd thought of it as just a luxury, since I've had the black-bordered deck since it came out, but there's something about the flashing light that's more striking than I expected. I didn't capture it well, but I made a quick vid...
-
-
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
Kimber
Seer

Post by Kimber »

Rachelcat wrote: 12 May 2021, 15:21
Tarot Visions wrote: 12 May 2021, 13:48
In the meantime, I just ordered two from Amazon:
Rose Tarot by Nigel Jackson

I love Nigel Jackson's quirky art and his tarot scholarship, so the Rose should be fun.
I passed on the Rose Tarot because he uses the Wands/Air and Swords/Fire attributions and that makes the deck totally unusable for me. Ah, well. I'll just console myself with a different deck! ;)
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Kimber wrote: 21 May 2021, 22:56 I passed on the Rose Tarot because he uses the Wands/Air and Swords/Fire attributions and that makes the deck totally unusable for me. Ah, well. I'll just console myself with a different deck! ;)
Hey! Just so you know, the Rose Tarot is a different deck than the Nigel Jackson Tarot. (I wasn't completely sure about that until it arrived here! Because his art style is so distinctive.) The Nigel Jackson definitely is wands=air swords=fire, and I let it go years ago because of that. But with the Rose, it looks like he's come over to the "right" side! :twisted: The Ace of Batons and its description in the book feature "Yod-shaped flames" anyway.

I'm going to use it as my next deck of the week starting tomorrow, so check in there for more on the deck if you like!

Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

How beautiful is the Tabula Mundi in silver!!!

Dear old deck stork was here today, it took its time but finally, the Tarot of Mystical Moments has arrived. This deck looks very very special, I'm curious how it will read for me. I put it in my "Inner Child decks" group.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I've been neglecting the stork I see, but I've been keeping up my collection list. Let's see:

As you can tell, I got my Rose Tarot and Star & Crown!
I was disappointed with the Prism Oracle, but I'm going to give it a another try. I guess.

I've been watching some collection videos (mostly by Lisa Papez), very dangerous for my tarot acquisition syndrome! There I found Heavenly Bodies Astrology: The Deck and Little Guidebook. And I really really like it! I have a few astrology decks, but this one is the prettiest. Indeed, it's very long on design, but not really short on substance. It has planets, signs, and houses, and also aspects, elements, modes, yin and yang, and moon nodes. So a good selection of cards, and very nice beginner information in a not-so-little hardback book.

Still waiting for my 2-Cent Oracle. The 5-Cent Tarot took a really long time to get here, so I'll just be patient, even though the Kickstarter notices that it was shipping out came a while ago . . .
And Tarotbot is still in the works.

There, now I feel better that I've caught up with the stork!

Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Yaeh, Button Soup today.

Talk about a 'slow boat from China'. I'd ordered the cards back in May so I had got a tad worried when the post was taken so long. But Royal Mail are good at tracking parcels and emailing updates on when the package left China and when it arrived in the UK, and, they were on the doorstep when I got home.

all's well that ends well.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”