This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
I Sunshine
Sybil

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by I Sunshine »

Nemia wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 07:33 I dare not write it down for fear of jinxing it but the Foudraz is on its way to my happily trembling hands!
That is wonderful, Nemia!! Wow!
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

The Ator Tarot Deck arrived today. It was described as "Dilbert and Ziggy had a baby" It is adorable.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

i let my decklust conquer my resolve to stop buying..... ever since i got caitlin matthews’ ‘untold tarot’ i’ve been in love with the zoni tarot , also known as the ancient tarot(s) of bologna. there are two versions, one mini deck by meneghello, that is still available and relatively cheap, i received that one today, but the cards are soooo tiny (and the ten of wands/batons is missing, tends to happen with meneghello decks because they are xassembled by hand) therefore i went looking for the oop scarabeo version and found one that was relatively affordable (though expensive) at tarot media company, so i couldn’t resist...... can’t wait to hold those cards in my hand.....

https://tarot-heritage.com/2016/11/27/z ... and-small/

here you can see more cards from this tarot

https://tarotrengeteg.blogspot.com/2016 ... -zoni.html
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Shapeshifter Tarot from a trade and a second hand Celtic Wisdom Tarot arrived today. Yay :). Have started edging the Shapeshifter in blue and then silver to pimp it up a bit as edges are worse for wear.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Went a little overboard yesterday and today.

I pre-ordered Business Class Tarot.

I backed Rare Triumphs on Kickstarter. I seem to have a thing for faux historic decks. And maybe French suited minors?

And I ordered from Amazon John Bauer Tarot, Minchiate Etruria, and Minoan Tarot by Laura Perry.

I already have the Minoan by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince. Why not another? It's intriguing art. And it will be interesting to see the two different interpretations / translations to tarot.

I also already have the earlier Lo Scarabeo version of the Minchate Etruria, but this is in a fancy box. And maybe the card stock is better? I can only justify this my citing my own collecting rule: Buy every historic repro deck you see. They won't be around forever!

And the John Bauer? Well, we all need a little magical beauty in our lives!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

I received The Simple Tarot Beginner Deck I pre-ordered several weeks ago.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

when ordering some decks from georgi andonov at tarot bulgaria (the mini bologna, the viéville and the bésançon) i picked up a curious little deck, called Das Daus, astronomical playing cards.

https://tarotbg.eu/index.php?id_product ... &id_lang=1

from the moment i opened it i was mesmerized. it is a reproduction of a 1719 deck made by Johan Philipp Andreae, a mathematician and globemaker who created it for young people to learn more about the stars. it was based on the firmamentum firminianum, an atlas of the stars and constellations known at that time, a version of which was later published by Corbinianus Thomas in 1730. it also contains sky maps of the northern and southern hemispheres.

i found a digitally photographed copy of that book (written in latin) at the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek with all the original images, so beautiful, and so unbelievable that they were created so long ago..... i copied all of the images used in the deck to my tablet and can’t stop looking at them. wow!

http://daten.digitale-sammlungen.de/~db ... &seite=271
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Badgers Forest has landed at the Post Office and I have a really hideous customs charge to pay on collection. I swear this is the last time I buy from the US!

Wisdom of Trees Oracle is just here too, a nice little deck that can be paired with other decks.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

CharlotteK wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 21:04 Badgers Forest has landed at the Post Office and I have a really hideous customs charge to pay on collection. I swear this is the last time I buy from the US!
Please forgive my ignorance but do custom charges still apply if you are sent something as a gift from say a friend or family member?

To main topic, I am impatiently awaiting confirmation about when Pablo Robledo will be able to ship a deck I’ve paid for, “the Dodal,” to Bob Lobis at collectarot.com. I think it might be wise for me to hold off on purchases for a while after that. Picked up a novelty tarot at Spirit of Halloween store two days ago for $7.99. I will post some pics in the appropriate place soon.

V
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

BreathingSince72 wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 21:19
CharlotteK wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 21:04 Badgers Forest has landed at the Post Office and I have a really hideous customs charge to pay on collection. I swear this is the last time I buy from the US!
Please forgive my ignorance but do custom charges still apply if you are sent something as a gift from say a friend or family member?
Yes they can as a customs declaration is required for everything, but its far less likely to be applied when it says its a gift worth $10 than when buying a commercial deck where the declaration is usually more upfront about the nature of the item and it's true value (the level of charge us based on the cost / value).
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Wisdom of Trees Oracle is just here too, a nice little deck that can be paired with other decks.
ohh, those custom fees are a complete disaster! i am so sorry for you! and the most irritating thing us that you can decide not to buy from the us anymore but you know you are going to, eventually, because you just don’t want to miss out on all those beautiful decks that are being published......

i got really fed up too and asked if someone in one of my fb groups would be willing to order decks for me and send them to me as a gift with a low value. and i actually found someone who wanted to help. she even takes the decks with her to the uk, where she visits her family regularly, and forwards the decks from there. makes a lot of difference! can you maybe do the same? i found that most people in my FB groups were willing to help.
even so, i do not order all my decks through my ‘intermediary’ because that just doesn’t feel right. so i still pay a lot of custom fees but not as much as before.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

CharlotteK wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 21:48
BreathingSince72 wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 21:19
Yes they can as a customs declaration is required for everything, but its far less likely to be applied when it says its a gift worth $10 than when buying a commercial deck where the declaration is usually more upfront about the nature of the item and it's true value (the level of charge us based on the cost / value).
i just asked tarot media company to send me my (rather expensive) ancient tarot of bologna as a cheap gift, but got a reply that they are legally obliged to provide the actual sales price of the items they send, so they couldn’t do it. sigh. am already preparing for a hefty fine.....
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I would actually help you gladly. You just have to catch me on a payday so I can afford to ship.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

today i received a package from the uk, through my ‘internediary. three beautiful decks ordered from the usa
from tamed wild apothecary: the wild crystals deck and the wild moon lunar phases deck
from black and the moon: the arcana of astrology. all three decks are absolutely stunning!
and no custom fees!
I Sunshine
Sybil

Post by I Sunshine »

stronglove wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 17:48 all three decks are absolutely stunning!
and no custom fees!
I just took a look at those three oracles and for some reason I think they will play well with each other. Will be curious if you find that to be true, Strong Love.
I Sunshine
Sybil

Post by I Sunshine »

I just got Dreams of Gaia and the Hermetic Tarot, two decks that could not be more different! The stunning beauty of the images in D of G verses the overwhelming symbolism of the Hermetic. I think I am on overload here.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

The epically taxed Badgers Forest is here. It's very lovely. I'm glad to have it.
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I Sunshine wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 18:49 I just got Dreams of Gaia and the Hermetic Tarot, two decks that could not be more different!
Dreams of Gaia is a really beautiful deck. I have it and love it. The accompanying book is great.

I've just ordered Wisdom of the Oracle (Colette Baron-Reid). I had not intention of getting an oracle deck but just fell in love with these when I saw them online. I'm so impatient for them to arrive...I have to wait over 5 days as I couldn't get them from my usual shop online that delivers quicker:(
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I shall have the Sol Invictus, the Modern Spellcasters, and the Promethean in my hands by next week.
Start strong
End stronger
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Post by Tomatosauce »

I finally broke down and bought the Kaleidadope Tarot. Very excited.

And I’m not sure how much longer I can resist the Marshmallow Marseilles. It would be my first Marseilles deck.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm going to be caretaking a Greenwood for a while. Not sure how long, maybe a short while, perhaps indefinitely. Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about :)
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Vampire. Pagan Otherworlds soon
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Mary-El and Visconti.
Start strong
End stronger
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

Just got the Happy Tarot. It is adorable!!!!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

The Sherlock Holmes Tarot arrived today.

It's pretty good from an initial look. Has a similar vibe to the Games of Thrones tarot, though totally different in execution and ideas. They both came out great in interviews.for getting practical advice. I might make it my next deck of the week.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”