This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
shadowrose
Seer

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by shadowrose »

CharlotteK wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 20:51 The Sherlock Holmes Tarot arrived today.

It's pretty good from an initial look. Has a similar vibe to the Games of Thrones tarot, though totally different in execution and ideas. They both came out great in interviews.for getting practical advice. I might make it my next deck of the week.
that is so cool, i've been wanting that one. i am a HUGE fan of Sherlock Holmes.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Golden Dawn Magical. It was quite a wait but it's worth it. Read the book before. Happy to have the set.
Start strong
End stronger
James
Seeker

Post by James »

Amoroso wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 23:27 Golden Dawn Magical. It was quite a wait but it's worth it. Read the book before. Happy to have the set.
May I ask which book you are referring to? Sounds interesting...
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

There are many Golden Dawn-themed decks, but I got this one. It's currently available only in a deck and book set. The book I'm referring to is The New Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot by the Ciceros.
Start strong
End stronger
I Sunshine
Sybil

Post by I Sunshine »

CharlotteK wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 19:28 I'm going to be caretaking a Greenwood for a while. Not sure how long, maybe a short while, perhaps indefinitely. Looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about :)
I am SO jealous!!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I got my preordered Anima Antiqua Minchiate in the mail yesterday. It's identical to the earlier Lo Scarabeo version, but I still love it.

Who doesn't want extra majors? (But it doesn't have a priestess to empress.)

And the little mini-pictures on some of the minors are so . . . interesting. I like the disco ball and calico cat especially. Then there's the monkey looking in a hand mirror, and someone riding an elephant and trying to stab it with an arrow at the same time. And others!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I was in London today at a Conference near the British Museum, so I called in at Atlantis bookshop on the way back to the railway station. I got bit carried away.

Bought the Encyclopedia of Celtic Myth by the Matthews (signed by John and dedicated to someone called Steve), a book about the Avalon mystery tradition and the most peculiar tarot deck, The Guardian Tarot. It is definitely not what I was expecting and is really bizarre, featuring what looks like alien, eyeless puppets, beautifully painted with water colours which are intended to be 'tree people'. I'm not too surprised I've never heard of it. I think it's appeal is fairly niche! But I'm definitely going to spend some time with it. It's odd but I find it has a soft calm energy.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Mitelli
Start strong
End stronger
James
Seeker

Post by James »

Amoroso wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 22:51 There are many Golden Dawn-themed decks, but I got this one. It's currently available only in a deck and book set. The book I'm referring to is The New Golden Dawn Ritual Tarot by the Ciceros.
Thanks so much for the links, really appreciate it!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

It's my pleasure, James.

Bought the Arthurian Legend. It's superb.
Start strong
End stronger
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I thought I'd finished buying decks (again), but discovered the Oracle of Visions and couldn't resist. I've also bought the Wahsagekarten Kipper deck which should arrive tomorrow - not sure how I'll get on with those. I'd love to get the True Black Tarot, I think they're gorgeous, but a bit too expensive for me at the moment. Hopefully they'll go into mass production next year and be available outside of the US.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got an Uusi bundle. Pagan Otherworlds, Eros: Garden of Love, and Pagan Playing Cards.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Minchiate
Start strong
End stronger
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I shouldn't be buying any more decks but I ordered Lo Scarabeo's John Bauer. I dont know If it's going to be very readable or a keeper but feel drawn to it enough to give it a shot :)
Grizabella
Seer

Post by Grizabella »

I have the Everyday Enchantment on its way to me. I love Poppy Palin and I've already got the Wild Spirit and all her books. The new deck is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I'm so excited to get it! I wasn't paying close attention so I didn't know the deck had come out yet. I'm hoping the cards aren't cardboard-y. They're so big and if they're like cardboard, I'm going to be----not disappointed, really---just wishing it weren't that way. Her other deck was so wonderfully done for size and thickness that I hope this one isn't too different.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The Spolia Tarot arrived today. (HERE on the List of Decks)

I'm really looking forward to digging into this one. It comes with 16 extra cards in the deck, the Elements and the Zodiac Signs.

It was my first time ordering from Little Red Tarot in the UK and I'm really happy I did. Really great service. I also saved on postage as the alternative was to order from the US where the fees are really high mailing to Europe.

I plan to use the Spolia for the upcoming Sacred days of Yule group reading in December.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I haven't looked into this thread after 1. I was so broke for so long that I really saved every penny and 2. I was sad after a wonderful gift/swap for me, the Foudraz, was swallowed on the way - I'm still sad about that! But now that I have a tiny bit of money to spend on myself - where do you think did it go? Yeah, obviously the deck stork.

The John Bauer tarot looks so beautiful, it's exactly what I need for our winter solstice reading, and wow, I'm truly excited now!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

The John Bauer is lovely Nemia! Very beautiful pictures and most intriguing.

Tarot of Musterberg is in transit from Bulgaria.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh, do you have a link to the Bulgarian shop? I remember I once found a shop in Bulgaria full of goodies... and I'll be in Europe again in December..
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Tarot Bulgaria

They are based in Sofia :)
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Thank you!!!! *diving it head first*
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Took delivery of the Liminal, Musterberg and Herbal Tarots on Saturday. Yay! Lots of new decks to keep me busy! I managed to do a swap for the Herbal so to some extent keeping my collection and spending under some sort of control. I am also expecting the Nature Spirit Tarot in the next week or so. The cards are huge, and i usually prefer small decks, but it looks wonderful.
Tiny Blossoms
Seeker

Post by Tiny Blossoms »

I just received my Maiden Oracle this past week, we're bonding but I am so in love! Even looking at the box gives me the warm fuzzies and touching the box or the cards gives me such intense pleasant tingles that my arms cramped up the first couple times.

I think my mom bought me another oracle deck for Christmas - I'm not sure which one but I'm excited to find out!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

After a long break I allowed myself to buy a deck - the John Bauer deck. It's beautiful, and I think Lo Scarabeo really listened to the tarot community! A very understated card design that lets Bauer's art shine. No more clunky multi-lingual borders in weird colours. A beautiful deck.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

The Persephone tarot by Circo, and the Cook's Tarot. 🙂 Just had Revelation tarot arrive!

At some point I want to get and pair Food Fortunes with the Cook's Tarot. 😂 I'm keeping an eye out for a funny tarot deck I can get behind, but maybe that'll do it. I'm sure it's more about exercising my funny bone too though.

I'm probably gonna get back into the Universal Waite despite it all since my coworker lent me the pictorial Waite and I've been feeling I want to really write it all down. I think I'm gonna get back into really studying the RWS finally. Slowly but surely.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”