This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Nemia »

One of the last decks I ordered before Corona took my job away arrived after a long journey - Caroline Smith's Moon Oracle. Now I have her beautiful Radiant Sun Oracle (which is much smaller but exquisitely beautiful) and her Moon Oracle. I'd love to make an in-depth comparison of the Moonology deck (which is much simpler visually, symbolically - but conceptually? didn't dig deep enough yet to judge).
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Aside from the Vampire Tarot by Place, I got the other Vampire deck by Hertz.
Start strong
End stronger
TheLoracular
Sage

Post by TheLoracular »

Today I put in an order for a new B.O.T.A deck to color and cherish!
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I already have the Ghosts and Spirits Tarot in my hand, quite literally. It looks like it'll inspire a lot of readings of both the divinatory and literary sort. Can't wait to read up on specter bridegrooms, snow ghosts, kueis, and whatnot.

Also: Halloween's coming!
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Vampyres and Les Vampires.
Start strong
End stronger
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

Got the Primordial, the Ship of Fools, with the Light and Shadow Tarot on the way.
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Kamar-Taj-Library.jpg

Wong and Stephen Strange have added a new and extraordinary new tarot deck to the library:

https://www.stockholm17.com/tarot

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... ster-tarot
Keymaster Superior.jpg
Keymaster Box.jpg
Keymaster Book.jpg
Conceptually and artistically BRILLIANT.

The box for the deck is SUBSTANTIAL.

The book is sold separately, if it's still available....hard cover and beautifully bound and printed.

The packaging was absolutely extraordinary....the BEST and most SECURE I have experienced to date....EVER....from ANYBODY!
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Pilar
Seeker

Post by Pilar »

Recently ordered the Mirror Oracle, a gorgeous deck made of 54 beautiful original paintings by the artist and writer of the guidebook. It seems I am also growing my oracle collection now :D for those interested, it can be ordered on Etsy.
Also in the mail: Tarot of the sweet Twillight :) the colour palet and dreamy vibe really got me, looking forward to seeing it in tha flesh.
Please stop posting about all these gorgeous decks people :mrgreen: :twisted: :D
KorraBlack
Seeker

Post by KorraBlack »

Starchild and El Goliath (20% discount for Samhain, couldn't resist) on their way.
Heaven & Earth ordered on Amazon.
Moonchild to be ordered tomorrow.
Put my eyes on Lumina Tarot but... sold out.

Credit card crying.
花は桜木人は武士。
(Hana wa Sakuragi, Hito wa Bushi).
The [best] blossom is the cherry blossom; the [best] man is the warrior.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Another vampire deck: the Gothic Tarot of Vampires plus the Zombie Tarot.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

fire cat pickles wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 21:57 Got the Primordial, the Ship of Fools, with the Light and Shadow Tarot on the way.
Looks like someone just completed the Williams Tarot quintet. I only have the Renaissance and the Minchiate. All you need is the Angel Journey Cards to wrap up his oeuvre.

Regarding the Renaissance book: I'm glad I got a copy of this gem when I did. It's expensive now, guess its already OOP.
Start strong
End stronger
fire cat pickles
Sage

Amoroso wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 04:39
fire cat pickles wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 21:57 Got the Primordial, the Ship of Fools, with the Light and Shadow Tarot on the way.
Looks like someone just completed the Williams Tarot quintet. I only have the Renaissance and the Minchiate. All you need is the Angel Journey Cards to wrap up his oeuvre.

Regarding the Renaissance book: I'm glad I got a copy of this gem when I did. It's expensive now, guess its already OOP.
I still don't have the book that goes along with the Minchiate. Sadly I gave my copy away at some point (or loaned it out and never got it back).
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I ordered the New Liminal in MAY. It hasn't arrived yet. I think I'm giving up hope.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Sometimes pessimism is rewarded! :lol: Today, the New Liminal arrived. It's an incredibly beautiful deck, I can't believe the richness and complexity of the watercolours, they seem to be lit up from within. Wow, what a deck. I hope I'll find the time to write a review!

I ordered it in May - it was sent in August - and arrived in November! From Taurus to Scorpio! And I knew all along that it would be worth the wait.
fire cat pickles
Sage

My Fantastic Menagerie 2nd Edition (SE) is in the mail :)
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Oak, Ash & Thorn - Adam Oehlers / Stephanie Burrows
Three Trees Tarot - Volume 1

https://www.threetreestarot.co.uk/shop

Adam Oehlers website:

http://www.adamoehlersillustration.com/

I don't know what "Volume 1" is supposed to indicate, unless they anticipate the possibility of creating more tarot decks
or illustrated books.

Sadly, as you can see on their website, this deck is currently sold out.
You will have to email them for updates about future availability.

This is an amazing deck and Adam Oehlers is an amazing artist......he understands composition....he knows his ANATOMY!
YES....ANATOMY.....aside from the charm of his particular style of art....his technical prowess rests comfortably on a solid foundation.

It doesn't matter if an artist's style is realism or abstract.....the skill or lack thereof will be self-evident.

The various forest animals in this deck have believable and realistic stances and expressions, they are emotive but not silly or exaggerated to the point of being ridiculous or cloying, as I stated earlier in my first post in the
Current Crowdfunding Campaigns & Pre-Orders section.

This is a very high quality tarot deck....beautifully envisioned and realized.
Here are some images, which speak for themselves:
Oak Ash Thorn - 1.jpg
Oak Ash Thorn.jpg
Oak Ash Thorn - 2.jpg
Ade
Seeker

Post by Ade »

Papageno wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 18:42 I don't know what "Volume 1" is supposed to indicate, unless they anticipate the possibility of creating more tarot decks
or illustrated books.
I believe that Stephanie gave a mention to this in her last email update. Adam is hoping to begin work illustrating their new deck next month, all being well. The ‘possibilities’ card hints at the theme. There may be dragons involved!
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Ade wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 19:12
Papageno wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 18:42 I don't know what "Volume 1" is supposed to indicate, unless they anticipate the possibility of creating more tarot decks
or illustrated books.
I believe that Stephanie gave a mention to this in her last email update. Adam is hoping to begin work illustrating their new deck next month, all being well. The ‘possibilities’ card hints at the theme. There may be dragons involved!
Thanks for the clarification...I didn't read the most recent update.

...however, I'll take this opportunity to also point out that the artwork is well proportioned to the size of the cards,
therefore, none of the details are missing or difficult to see.

I also like the fact that although this is essentially a RWS based deck, his interpretations of certain cards aren't forced
to adhere to a strict depiction of the standard RWS imagery....the meaning is intact, but the artwork is very subtle and nuanced...
which I find very refreshing.

The overall color palette concentrates on very warm and comforting earth tones....nothing glaring and overtly "radiant".

The card stock.....although it is substantial, the cards are supple and can be easily shuffled.
The finish on the cards....is this what they call a matte "petal" finish?.......no matter, it's quite luxurious.
fire cat pickles
Sage

fire cat pickles wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 13:40 My Fantastic Menagerie 2nd Edition (SE) is in the mail :)
This is already headed out of Atlanta on the way here! That was unbelievably fast...
fire cat pickles
Sage

fire cat pickles wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 01:15
fire cat pickles wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 13:40 My Fantastic Menagerie 2nd Edition (SE) is in the mail :)

This is already headed out of Atlanta on the way here! That was unbelievably fast...
Received —total of six days shipping from Ireland. Lightning fast delivery!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Got my Rare Triumphs Tarot Cards today! Physically it's a joy: poker sized, nice slippery linen, pretty coated box.

I was fascinated by Ian's take on the trumps, influenced by the Mantegna and other historic decks, but with a new slant. It includes a slip of paper with three lines on each trump.

From that, it looks like the "official" zero card is someone playing the lute by a crumbling wall. But there are four other unnumbered cards, Wanderer, Trickster, Player, and a title card that's not really the title, but has a quote? that refers to the name of the suit cards deck, Pike and Clover. So it would be easy to sub in a wander or trickster for the fool, if you don't like the musician. The Player looks more like the Judgment angel, with a trumpet but without wings. (The number 20 card is Fame.)

The suit cards are French suited cards with Marseille-inspired illustrations, meaning there are 2 hearts and 4 spades, but they have Marseille flowers and leaves around them. The courts/face cards look very Marseille, too.

I really like the look of this creative, hybrid deck, and am looking forward to reading with it. For now, I'll just enjoy how flawlessly it shuffles!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Rachelcat wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 19:30 Got my Rare Triumphs Tarot Cards today! Physically it's a joy: poker sized, nice slippery linen, pretty coated box.

I was fascinated by Ian's take on the trumps, influenced by the Mantegna and other historic decks, but with a new slant. It includes a slip of paper with three lines on each trump.

From that, it looks like the "official" zero card is someone playing the lute by a crumbling wall. But there are four other unnumbered cards, Wanderer, Trickster, Player, and a title card that's not really the title, but has a quote? that refers to the name of the suit cards deck, Pike and Clover. So it would be easy to sub in a wander or trickster for the fool, if you don't like the musician. The Player looks more like the Judgment angel, with a trumpet but without wings. (The number 20 card is Fame.)

The suit cards are French suited cards with Marseille-inspired illustrations, meaning there are 2 hearts and 4 spades, but they have Marseille flowers and leaves around them. The courts/face cards look very Marseille, too.

I really like the look of this creative, hybrid deck, and am looking forward to reading with it. For now, I'll just enjoy how flawlessly it shuffles!

I'm awaiting for my copy with excited anticipation! :mrgreen:
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

Ordered the new edition of the Gill Tarot today. It's due to be delivered mid-December.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Tarot of the Black Mountain and The Infernal Tarot - A 200 year old secret Tarot deck by E. Pollitt
Mokona
Seer

Post by Mokona »

Ordered the Pastel Grunge tarot deck. I'm so excited about it; it's going to arrive home near the end of December!

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”