This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Willowy
Seeker

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Willowy »

I know this kind of thread is often on other forums,but some people on here might not use the other forums so I thought this site should have it's own thread about this.And anyway,whats more exciting than a new deck coming your way? :D

On there way to me at the moment are Badgers forest tarot and The darkness of the light tarot.Also I have three I'm waiting on that are kickstater decks,Tinkers damn mantegna,78 mythical and considerate cat tarot.

Would love to hear what decks you guys are waiting for and excited about.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Joan Marie »

I am also awaiting the Tinker's Damn from the Duck Soup Kickstarter.

btw- "Deck-Stork" is pretty cute. :)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Flaxen
Seer

Post by Flaxen »

I’m currently waiting for the Persephone Tarot and the Tarot de Maria Celia (pre-ordered months ago!).
litefoot13
Sybil

Post by litefoot13 »

I am technically waiting on two decks from kickstarter.

One I got more for fangirly reasons than anything - I'm a huge Last Unicorn fan, and when I saw a Last Unicorn tarot deck on KS, I leapt all over that.

The other, well...I've pretty much given up on it. My first project backed on kickstarter was a guy who did a Call of Cthulhu themed playing deck and tarot deck. It's now 4 years overdue and counting.
The guy pops in periodically to give us a sob story about what's going on now in his life and then disappears for another year. >.>
But hey, maybe one day I'll get a surprise in the mail. xD
I go by Arie. :3
Seldes Katne
Seeker

Post by Seldes Katne »

Currently waiting for the Spooky Cats Tarot, a cat- and Halloween-themed deck. It was due back in January, but the creators had problems with printing. However, according to the latest update, the cards and boxes have arrived at headquarters and should be out to folks this month.
I Sunshine
Sybil

Post by I Sunshine »

Well I had been waiting for Spirit Within Tarot, but it came yesterday. Now I am waiting for the Brady Tarot (super stoked about this one)!!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Waiting on Tinker's Damn and Mantegna set (SO excited about this, I have the Tinker's Damn first edition and it's in my top 3). Also waiting for Our Tarot, and Maria Celia. I've downsized a fair bit recently and I don't intend to add any more decks for a while so I can get to know the ones I already have better. This clutch will be my last for a while!
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Post by Tomatosauce »

I just got my Numinous Tarot deck a couple of weeks ago, and I'm trying to resist the urge to buy ALL the decks, but the Kaleidadope Tarot is going on pre-order next week and I am sorely tempted.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Well that didn't last long 😂

I ordered the Zillich in a Tin.

I also ordered the Light Lenormand from Malpertuis - http://malpertuis.co.uk/site/light-lenormand.html - and as a repeat customer 😁 I think there may be a surprise.from Neil as a thank you.

No more 😏
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I got my Our Tarot and spent all day Saturday reading the book. Very interesting and entertaining. There were inaccuracies in Jane Austen's bio (the only one I know enough to spot any inaccuracies) but overall very well written. And just when I think I'm done with collage cards, here they come again!

I got the Spiritsong recently. Didn't realize it was a "one species per card" deck (of which I might :) have a subcollection) until I saw the Fool's Dog app for it. It's very Paulina, which isn't really my art style, but I like the animal attributions. Except there is no "panther" species that's not a puma, jaguar or leopard. Puma and jaguar are already on other cards, so I'm substituting "leopard" for "panther." Should work. (Wild cat species is just another weird subject I happen to know about for some reason.)

So a good haul for me. Still awaiting Tinkers Damn set and Tarot of Brass and Steam from Kickstarter. And I'm here "shopping around," so there may be more on the way soon!

I LOVE the deck stork! I hope someone catches a candid of him on a delivery flight!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Post by Tomatosauce »

Oooh, I almost bought the Our Tarot. I'll be interested to see any readings you post with it.
Willowy
Seeker

Post by Willowy »

Joan Marie wrote: 05 Jun 2018, 05:03 I am also awaiting the Tinker's Damn from the Duck Soup Kickstarter.

btw- "Deck-Stork" is pretty cute. :)
I can't take the credit lol- its from the Dumbo film,a stork brings the babies.
Willowy
Seeker

Post by Willowy »

Seldes Katne wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 03:10 Currently waiting for the Spooky Cats Tarot, a cat- and Halloween-themed deck. It was due back in January, but the creators had problems with printing. However, according to the latest update, the cards and boxes have arrived at headquarters and should be out to folks this month.
Oh my God-how did I miss this one!I hope its available to buy once they've sorted out all their backers.I love cat decks.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh dear deck stork... the Zillich is on its way to me. It was obvious when I saw this deck what would happen... There are other decks on my list but the Zillich somehow jumped to the top of the line...
Eden
Seeker

Post by Eden »

The Zillich is lovely.
I've had a few decks delivered by the stork recently after a very restrained start to the year. Right now I'm waiting on the Cosmic Tribe Tarot, which has been in and out of my Wishlist and my basket for about a year. I decided to buy it before they start taxing all our online purchases in July (I'm in Australia).
Come to think of it, I probably should hurry up and buy some of the more expensive decks on my Wishlist before that happens!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

CharlotteK wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 22:01 Well that didn't last long 😂

I ordered the Zillich in a Tin.

I also ordered the Light Lenormand from Malpertuis - http://malpertuis.co.uk/site/light-lenormand.html - and as a repeat customer 😁 I think there may be a surprise.from Neil as a thank you.

No more 😏
hahaha, famous last words!
this happens to me all the time! after receiving the decks that would make my collection complete, end of may, i swore i wouldn’t buy another deck for a year..... within a week i had yet again succumbed to deck-lust, and pledged two kickstarters (mysteries of love oracle and personal power oracle cards) and pre-ordered yasmeen westwood’s tarot of enchanted dreams......
so, now i must really and truly stop buying, if only because i have no more room to store my decks, lol!
btw i have both tinkers damn (tarot and mantegna) and i looooove them!
i have the lo scarabeo mantegna as well, and its lwb is a nice addition to the very meagre tinkers damn
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

in the next couple of weeks i hope to finally receive my carnival at the end of the world tarot, they have received the decks from the printer and are now shipping them, it seems. i have been really excited about this deck and can’t wait to actually have the cards in my hands.....
another package will contain heather blumenthal’s indigo alchemist tarot and three decks from the attic shoppe: bethalynne bajema’s black ibis, sepia stains and isidore tarots
later this day i will go to the post office to collect carmen sorrenti’s polarchos tarot. if i have time i will post a review, this is a very special deck that i know i am going to love! this one is not going to be stork delivered, unfortunately i have to pay over $35 custom fees, because i am in the netherlands.... sooo frustrating! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tomatosauce wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:35 Oooh, I almost bought the Our Tarot. I'll be interested to see any readings you post with it.
I did a new deck interview with it but haven't typed it up yet. And I'm thinking of doing a planetary week with it next week, so I'll let you know.

In the meantime I ordered two oracles yesterday. That's what happens when I'm not busy at work--I spend all day (and some cash) on Amazon!

Labyrinth Wisdom Cards (The creator has a new book on labyrinths coming out, and I was looking into it, and then, cards!) :lol:
Wisdom of Trees Oracle by Jane Struthers (NOT an ogham deck, so hope for good things from it.)

The new book is Labyrinth: Your Path to Self Discovery by Tony Christie. (I'll probably order for my Kindle if I like the cards.)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Seldes Katne
Seeker

Post by Seldes Katne »

Willowy wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 23:48
Seldes Katne wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 03:10 Currently waiting for the Spooky Cats Tarot, a cat- and Halloween-themed deck. It was due back in January, but the creators had problems with printing. However, according to the latest update, the cards and boxes have arrived at headquarters and should be out to folks this month.
Oh my God-how did I miss this one!I hope its available to buy once they've sorted out all their backers.I love cat decks.
It's arrive and it's adorable! The cats are cartoon kitties, mostly wearing Halloween costumes or otherwise involved in Halloween-type activities.

You can order the deck through the artist's Etsy shop or at www.tarotcollectibles.com. Better hurry -- it doesn't look like there are a lot of extra copies left. Also, try the Etsy shop first -- the price is lower.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Rachelcat wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 19:07
Tomatosauce wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:35 Oooh, I almost bought the Our Tarot. I'll be interested to see any readings you post with it.
I did a new deck interview with it but haven't typed it up yet. And I'm thinking of doing a planetary week with it next week, so I'll let you know.

In the meantime I ordered two oracles yesterday. That's what happens when I'm not busy at work--I spend all day (and some cash) on Amazon!

Labyrinth Wisdom Cards (The creator has a new book on labyrinths coming out, and I was looking into it, and then, cards!) :lol:
Wisdom of Trees Oracle by Jane Struthers (NOT an ogham deck, so hope for good things from it.)

The new book is Labyrinth: Your Path to Self Discovery by Tony Christie. (I'll probably order for my Kindle if I like the cards.)
oh, let us know how the labyrinth wisdom is working for you! i have the deck but haven’t worked with it yet, thinking i would need to know more about his theories and use of the labyrinth. will look up the new book, maybe that’ll help me lose my ‘stage fright’.....
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

just looked up tony christie’s new book and discovered he is coming to the netherlands in september to lead a day long workshop about the labyrinth.....
yay! great opportunity to find out all about his work
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

today i received the gudebook (in french) for l’oracle de la triade
tomorrow the deck will be delivered
i love french oracle decks, have a couple of them in my collection like oracle belline, oracle lumière, oracle bleu, oracle d’atlantide
they are quite different from most other (american/english) oracle decks in that they tend to follow more or less the same system, like tarot and lenormand.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Stronglove, that's inspiring... I started to look at French oracles on the Internet.... a wonderful world!

Deck stork was nice to me today!

006.jpg
009.jpg
014.jpg
And this is my 100th tarot deck! Isn't that wonderful?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The Deck Stork visited me today and brought me my very first Thoth Deck.

I haven't even shuffled it yet. Just have the LWB at the moment (the book I ordered still hasn't come) but it looks pretty interesting already.

Looking forward to joining in the discussions on the Thoth Study Group

I really am excited to get this.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

The Deck Stork brought me a Zillich in a tin and it has a fairly significant printing error in the LWB. It jumps from page 42 to 49, then at page 54 it goes back to page 49 through to 59. So I have Discs twice and no Swords apart from the Knight. I can use it without the LWB but if there is one, I do like to see what it says. I've emailed USG about it so lets see what they come back with.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”