This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Japanese RWS

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Archer3005
Seeker

Japanese RWS

Post by Archer3005 »

Hi Folks,
I'm trying to track down a deck I saw at the weekend. It's a Rider Waite Smith, very glossy, with an intense black background. I believe this particular version is of Japanese origin. The owner had no idea what the deck was called.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Japanese RWS

Post by Joan Marie »

Sounds cool. I'd be interested in this one. I did a little search and no luck.

Somebody here must know it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Do you manage to take a photo of the cards?
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Was it holographic?

There's this https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32849767730.html

And eBay https://www.ebay.com/p/Waite-Rider-Taro ... 3867529263

I've seen them online around wish, eBay, Ali express, Walmart, Amazon too I think. I don't know if they're all made by the same printer so I can't verify the quality of that link, but it seems that folks are happy with them for the price.

I think those are kanji right? I couldn't tell if it was Chinese or Japanese, but the ads I kept seeing said Chinese. Maybe this isn't the right deck....?
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Archer3005, the deck you are refering to, name as Cherishone Tarot deck, it's a mandarin version RWS with black background and glossy finishing.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Ah I see. I thought it was Chinese. I'm glad to know it's name now 😊 Thanks
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”