This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Mokona
Seer

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Mokona »

The Muse Tarot isn't going to be delivered to me, sadly, and Amazon is going to refund me. But the Santa Muerte Tarot is arriving on Friday, the Ceccoli Tarot on Saturday and the Earth Warriors Oracle on Sunday! I rarely buy several decks at once so this quick succession of decks arriving home is EXCITING.
Rose Lalonde
Sage

Post by Rose Lalonde »

The Friar's Delight Lenormand arrived. Lovely images, the gilding goes will with the illuminated manuscript art, and the cards are easy to recognize at a glance even in a GT. :D :D From Rabbit's Moon Tarot. (Especially like the Clouds card, which is a strange one for me to be getting excited about.)

(image is from the Kickstarter)
"One mounteth unto the Crown by the moon and by the Sun, and by the arrow, and by the Foundation, and by the dark home of the stars from the black earth." LXV
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I got a Llewellyn coupon code and kind of lost my mind! It's 35% off, which is pretty good, especially now that Amazon isn't discounting like it used to. (Let me know if you want the code. Tomorrow (July 23) is the last day to buy from Llewellyn's site.) So I preordered 4 Lo Scarabeo decks.

Ferenc Pinter Tarot. This is a new borderless edition of the Tarot of the Imagination. The majors were painted by Pinter and the minors are snipped from his other art. I am digging flat artwork these days.

Cirque du Tarot. Another flat art pick, but more watercolor-y. I'm SO not a circus fan, but I just like the art. We'll see how I like it when it's in hand.

Folk Cards of Destiny. I decided I need a German-suited deck (bells, hearts, acorns, and leaves). Then I saw it's only 36 cards, so a skat deck? Or something? An experiment for me!

The Way Jodorowsky Explained Tarot to his Cat. Curiosity killed the cat, you know! I just have to know what this is. With its cute majors-only cat deck!

I'll share pics when these all show up here! (Let me know if you want the coupon code.)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rose Lalonde wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 04:36 The Friar's Delight Lenormand arrived. Lovely images, the gilding goes will with the illuminated manuscript art, and the cards are easy to recognize at a glance even in a GT. :D :D From Rabbit's Moon Tarot. (Especially like the Clouds card, which is a strange one for me to be getting excited about.)
So glad you like the deck!
I love the Cloud card too. I still giggle every time I see it, and I'm the one who made it!

06 cloud.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Curwen
Seeker

Post by Curwen »

Currently waiting on my 1909 Art Resto deck to arrive.

Was also going to grab an MPC Study Deck, but they seem to have vanished from MPC this week (the day I was going to order, go figure!)

Anyone know of another source for Kwok's Study Deck, or have a lead on another solid Pam A reproduction? I'm aware of stuff like the Centennial deck and the art-only versions on DTC, but nothing seems to replicate the 1910 Pam A as well as the MPC deck. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Regardless, really stoked for the 1909 to get here, just diving back into the tarot world after some dabbling years ago.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Just got my Two-Penny Oracle in the mail. I really had given up hope this time. (Like I almost did with the 5-Cent Tarot.) It must be a looooong road from Madam Clara to me, but it got here!

I haven't even opened it yet. That will be my evening fun! I have a feeling it will be my deck next week, so I'll share pictures then!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Umm, the Deck News grabbed me this afternoon. I just backed the Standard Playing Card Tarot. It's kind of the inverse of the Rare Triumphs, I think.

And I ordered the Tulku Oracle. I was trying to resist it because I'm getting away from Buddhism. And it seems like it might be a mishmash of Buddhism and Hinduism and Yoga. But I really like the art! And it's an oracle, not a spiritual commitment! I can learn and use the symbols without giving over to them. The symbols won't mind!

If you haven't checked out World of Deck News yet, you really should! (Unless you fear for your budget . . .!)

(Oh, and to be thorough, still impatiently awaiting Tarotbot.)

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Oh, man! I totally forgot about my preorders from Llewellyn. And now Llewellyn is having their tarot sale, so I ordered even more from them! (It's a sickness.) But really, check out the sale! Some things are 50% off.

So NOW the stork is bringing:

Ferenc Pinter Tarot, one of the Llewellyn preorders that's now shipping

Folk Cards of Destiny, The Way Jodorowsky Explained Tarot to his Cat, and Cirque du Tarot, the other preorders

Primordial Tarot, I Ching of Love new edition, and Twin Tarot Oracle, from Llewellyn's tarot sale

Tarotbot Black Edition and Standard Playing Card Tarot from Kickstarter

Also from the sale are the Essential Tarot Writings book and a Marseille bateleur bag. (They were 50% off so why not . . .)

The stork is going to get tired of coming to my house! But I won't get tired of him!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi, all! Am I the only one on a buying jag right now? Come on, fess up!

I just got my Tarotbot! And almost everything else on my previous list.

Still awaiting Folk Cards of Destiny and Cirque du Tarot from Llewellyn.

And Standard Playing Card Tarot from Kickstarter.

And today I backed Tarot of Japanese Poetry on Kickstarter. A haiku tarot! How could I not! It's expected in March 2022. Pretty excited about that one!

Now to put a hard cut on my collection list. I can decide to give away 40 decks! Sure! (ummmm....... we'll see how I do with that . . .)

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I just got the Tarot Decoratif - new Ciro deck published by US Games
I believe in Crystal Light.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Rachelcat wrote: 03 Oct 2021, 17:52 Hi, all! Am I the only one on a buying jag right now? Come on, fess up!
Ummm, you might be. 🙄
That said, I do have one deck coming. An offer I couldn't resist - a German edition Albano-Waite with book (publisher: Moewig), selling for considerably less than £10 including postage. No brainer. The colour and line quality is supposed to be noticeably better than the USG ones printed in Italy (though still not a touch on the original, but who can afford an original?). 🤞🤞🤞
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

IT'S HERE! And it does not disappoint. 😊

For anyone curious, here's a side-by-side of a few of the cards. The cardstock is less slick, too. -

Albano-Waite German vs English .jpg
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I made a successful cut on my collection, so I'm looking to give away 46 decks all together! I hope my Tarot Society friends take them all away from our December meeting! But that doesn't mean I'm not still adding, too!

I got an email coupon for Duck Soup's Tinker's Damn Tarot, but I already have both editions, so a no-go for that, but I visited the site for old time's sake and ended up with some additions:
The Arthur Rackham Oracle Revised & Refined Second Edition
Persephone’s Torch Tarot

I have hopes for the Rackham. I had the Ring Cycle Tarot from Shiffer based on Rackham's illustrations, and besides realizing I hate all things Ring of the Nibelungs, I also found the art dark and muddy and not really visible. I hope Doug has done a better job with his presentation.

And I can't wait for Persephone's Torch. It's a theater-themed deck. The illustrations are landscape to look like they're on stage. The majors are imaginary play posters, the courts are real turn of the twentieth century actors (including Billie Burke and at least one Barrymore), and the number cards are imaginary scenes. And it's all very Thoth influenced. It's going to be fun to work with!

To be thorough, also still awaiting 2 Kickstarters:
Standard Playing Card Tarot
Tarot of Japanese Poetry

and 2 Lo Scarabeo/Llewellyn preorders:
Folk Cards of Destiny
Cirque du Tarot

Getting out my binoculars to spy on the stork now!

QueenofWands
Seeker

Post by QueenofWands »

I've been playing with my kickstart acquisition, the Wandering Star deck. Am loving the imagery...
Attachments
Wandering Star Tarot
Wandering Star Tarot
Ciderwell
Sage

Post by Ciderwell »

Fairy Lights Tarot

FairyLights.jpg
FairyLights.jpg (9.52 KiB) Viewed 3248 times

A superb complimentary deck for one of my favourites, Tarot of the Secret Forest.
This is really a 39 card deck, each picture being cut in half to make 78 cards. A novel idea that will require more intuition than regular tarot knowledge.

The story behind this addition to my Tarot collection involves a search for a fairy tarot deck after an acoustic guitar session the other day -
While playing a finger-picking thingamajig I'd got myself stuck in a loop that got faster and faster until I could feel my eyeballs rolling around inside my brain. It was very intoxicating!
With it being Halloween and all I imagined that thin veil between the worlds parting briefly, reminding me of that old MGM movie Tom Thumb, and the magic clogs that caused the wearer to dance and dance and dance until the music stops.
My intuition being fired up as it was told me that fairies also will dance and dance and dance, just as long as the jig continues to play, faster and faster ... ahem,
Fairy Lights Tarot should arrive in a few days - very exciting!
I Sunshine
Sybil

Post by I Sunshine »

I am shocked that there are no 'new' posts on what the Deck-Stork is bringing. Have we stopped collecting decks? Yiiah?!
Well, I had pretty much. But then my wonderful step daughter bought me the Tarot of the Divine by Yoshi Yoshitani for Christmas! Oh my! I immediately ordered her book "Beneath the Moon" to go with it... so that is on the way. All this got me to looking, and I found on ebay a deck I have wanted for years: The Thayer Tarot. Yup, just plain bought it (gulp). Budget now blown, but excitedly awaiting the deck!
Georgehar
Seeker

The 78 Muses of Tarot.

Post by Georgehar »

Can the 78 Muses of Tarot be considered as divine entities or spiritual guides that possess unique energies and personalities, capable of influencing our readings and interpretations? How can we tap into their individual essences to enhance our tarot practice and deepen our connection with the cards?
Georgehar
Seeker

Unveiling the Dark Side of Tarot: Exploring Taboo and Controversial Themes.

Post by Georgehar »

How can we delve into the uncharted territories of tarot, fearlessly embracing controversial and taboo themes depicted within the cards, to unlock hidden knowledge and confront our deepest fears? Can tarot be a tool for self-exploration and personal growth even when exploring these darker aspects?

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”