This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Amoroso
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Amoroso »

I had the Osho Zen and Transformation decks, and now I finally have the Tao Oracle to complete this magnificent trifecta. I know what decks I'll be immersing myself in until the end of winter at the very least. Can't wait to work with them!

20191007_085107_HDR.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Grizabella
Seer

Post by Grizabella »

I had a little windfall come my way unexpectedly so I ordered the Casanova Tarot by Lo Scarabeo. I've wanted this deck for literally years but just always passed it by because my budget is so limited that I don't get to splurge often. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and just went for it this time though! I'm so excited! Amazon says it will be here Wednesday so I'm counting the days and hours till it gets here. Thank goodness the mail delivery here happens in the morning around the time I wake up. That means I'll only have to suffer in suspense for two days instead of waiting most of Wednesday, too. If I stay up extra late on Tuesday night so I sleep in a little, I should be able to trot right out and get this deck from my mailbox when I wake up on Wednesday. :lol:
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

I have got Wonderland in Tarot and like it, even if I love Alice Tarot by Baba more, and I´ve got The Wild Unknown Tarot, and am looking forward to working with it. I have ordered the Animal Spirit oracle deck by the same author to work with them togeather. I also have got The Divine Feminine Oracle by Meggan Watterson for one card a day. The guidebook is very, very good.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

I´ve ordered the Celtic Dragon Tarot by Lisa Hunt and D.J. Conway.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got my Baraja Española yesterday. I haven't really ventured into cartomancy but my mom has consulted readers who use playing cards and found them quite accurate. Mighty interested to explore a system that more or less uses a fixed system, like Kippers or Sibillas.
Start strong
End stronger
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Tom Benjamin is giving me his Dust ii Onyx tarot deck....😦

E82F0253-A2DC-401A-BC39-E397E0501C3B.gif
E82F0253-A2DC-401A-BC39-E397E0501C3B.gif (1013.8 KiB) Viewed 4277 times

On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Waiting for The Friars Delight Lenormand by Joan Marie, The After Tarot, my reading-for-others main deck I gave away (but hate the Judgement card, the child is taken up to heaven, and the parents left as skeletons), The Druid Plant and Animal Oracles art Will Worthington, The Hidden Realm Tarot (love it!) and The Wildwood Tarot Art Will Worthington, Animal Spirits Knowledge Cards by Susan Seddon Boulet and Camelot Oracle art by Will Worthington. Hope the post works, the postal service in Sweden is really bad with a lot of private delivery hands. I got inspired by Kelly in Truth in Story on youtube, she does fantastic things about decks.
Also thinking about Green Witch Tarot.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I got my Friar's Delight today. I couldn't believe how good it looked.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 02:59 I got my Friar's Delight today. I couldn't believe how good it looked.
I''m so happy to hear that! I actually still dont even have mine yet! All the shipping was done directly from the manufacturer as soon as they were finished so I'm waiting with everyone else.

I only have the sample deck, which was not the final version.

I'm so glad you like it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

My Friar's Delight has arrived !! Am so pleased.

See my review of this deck HERE
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Linfang
Seeker

Post by Linfang »

I am still waiting for my Lightseer's and Muse bundle, the first package was sent to the wrong address. I am so excited to get these two beauties, but without tracking all I can do is to wait patiently. I saw all the pics online and the look gorgeous. I just hope they read well for me. I also ordered the hardcopy of the guidebook for The Muse Tarot, mainly due to the poetry she wrote for each card. I keep my fingers crossed that all arrives without too much headaches.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Genna wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 01:10 Waiting for The Friars Delight Lenormand by Joan Marie, ... Hope the post works, the postal service in Sweden is really bad with a lot of private delivery hands.
I hope it arrives soon. Most of the decks have finally arrived at their destinations and several look like they will be delivered in the next few days.

There are a few places though where the tracking updates seem to be really lagging, like Sweden. (Italy is another place, and UK)

I'm sure all the packages will get to their destinations eventually. 🙏
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Spirited
Seeker

Post by Spirited »

I'm waiting for The Crystal Grid Oracle, which I had never heard of until I accidentally found it on a well known auction site and my fingers had clicked Bid Now before my brain engaged. As I've recently completed a Crystal Reiki course I'm really pleased to find them, they look lovely and hopefully will be helpful with my healing practice eventually.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I just early bird backed Button Soup! Yum yum! ;)

The only other thing I'm awaiting is another Kickstarter, The Ark Animal Tarot & Oracle.

The most interesting thing I have to report is that I haven't ordered or bought any decks since August. I've surprised myself with that! I hope it means I'm actually concentrating on the ones I now have instead of obsessively shopping for more. But the Soup is a must-have, obviously!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I just cannot NOT order a copy of this deck. Although I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Sounds awfully complicated !! :shock:

THE TRIADIC TAROT

A square Tarot de Marseille with cards that can be turned in any direction. Pips arranged in triads according to a system described by the French occultist Papus. This radically unique deck will spark your intuition and give you a solid system for interpreting the pips. The sixty-page booklet that comes with the deck gives you everything you need to read with it. It’s great fun playing with the possibilities in these cards. Let’s look at each component of the deck in detail.

More details on Sherryl E. Smith's Tarot Heritage website. https://tarot-heritage.com/author/tarotheritage/

There's a small problem though, but I think a solution could be found through a kind soul here on Cult of Tarot living in the States. This deck only ships out to the US. Who would be willing to give me a hand here so it can be shipped to them and then they ship it out to me in Switzerland ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

I have Das Traumerbe Tarot coming from the UK, and the new Madame Clara deck is hopefully coming soon. Kickstarter is very bad for me, lol.
jupiter
Seeker

Post by jupiter »

Zillich Tarot in a tin! Should arrive tomorrow. Except for one pre-ordered deck, it will be my last for a while 8-)
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

I just caved in on payday and ordered the Cosmic Tribe Tarot and preordered the Light Seers Tarot. :lol:
I have wanted the Cosmic Tribe for ages and suddenly got 'the 'fear' that it might end up out of print. It isn't though!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

next year is going to be a no-buy year, so i am really happy that the deck stork will be bringing me 6 more decks that i have already paid for.....
really looking forward to the vindur deck (check it out, it is absolutely awesome) the she wolfe and borderless serpentfire tarot, carrie mallon’s spacious tarot (saw an unboxing and was completely blown away), the beautiful oriens tarot and carrie paris’ relative tarot & spirit card oracle (including a 5 week course with mary k. greer) some of these are already on their way, maybe even arriving before christmas......
and i ordered 3 button soup decks as well!
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi all! I ordered the Wiener Secession Tarot, a Lo Scarabeo Anima Antiqua deck that just came out. It's a game-playing, double headed deck, so we'll see if I can read with it or if it's just for pretty. I have the Tarot Resom by Ly Narcisso, Paraluman Studio, which is a majors deck that was inspired by this deck. It's beautiful, so I have big expectations. Plus, I've been reading a book called Isms, which is a guidebook to modern art, and it lists various "secession" art movements in the early 20th century. So I'm even more intrigued.

And I'm patiently awaiting my Button Soup, of course!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Monk
Sybil

Post by Monk »

Almost crossing the doorstep and entering the Monk sphere is a Tarot Noir by Justine Ternel and Matthieu Hackiere. I found an unused, mint and checked deck. (they're OOP and notoriously bad packed, often incomplete and or mixed up, missing/double suits you name it) There's this cool seller in Germany that seems to have a few!

https://www.thequeenssword.com/le-tarot-noir-review/

I was browsing for a Grimaud TdM when by accident I ran into a eBay listing for this Tarot Noir deck. For some weird reason (slight ignorance) I was lead to believe the 1970 Grimaud was out of print and that if I wanted one I was to turn to eBay.. well.. the Noir found its way to me in stead. Far from a historical correct deck like the Grimaud TdM, still the Noir is very very artsy not unlike the UUSI decks I own and that just make me melt. 2 more days, Yay!🥳

M
Premier Principes Tarot is about to launch on Kickstarter - follow below to get updated.
-Premier Principes Tarot- https://www.instagram.com/premier_principes_tarot/
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thank you for this post and for the link to the review by the queens sword! i bought the tarot noir 2 years ago, together with the pole ka and the medieval scapini, at the time i was looking for ‘quirky’ or ‘twisted’ marseille based decks. back then it was only $30 at amazon.fr i had no idea it would go oop.
the queens sword’s review made me aware of the guidebook, so i got my box set out and started reading it. wow! fascinating! my french is just about good enough to understand what they write on that single page. (at the moment i am working with oumrazaï, a tarot based french oracle with a three-pages-per-card guidebook filled with a barrage of woolly words it takes me hours to figure out..... so it is really nice to be able to actually understand what i’m reading :lol: :lol: :lol: ) looking forward to combine the tarot noir with my deviant moon, see what they come up with together
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
pooka23
Seeker

Post by pooka23 »

I just got Le Tarot Noir yesterday, a second copy for backup/ to give to my daughter. It was less than $40.00 on amazon France for a new sealed copy. You could also still get it from Editions Vega as of last week. Google Translate worked pretty well for amazon France.
Elune
Seer

Post by Elune »

The Ethereal Visions Illuminated Tarot deck will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I haven't purchased a new deck in a really long time, so I am so excited.
Monk
Sybil

Post by Monk »

Elune wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 02:14 The Ethereal Visions Illuminated Tarot deck will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! I haven't purchased a new deck in a really long time, so I am so excited.

Oooo I like that one, The first deck I got :) If you're fond of 'Nouveau' style you're in for a treat. It is lightyears more stylish than the Mucha style decks out there. The colouring and painting style in those is just not really my thing. The EV is a bit more strict in a formal sense, more tidy. It was the deck I felt most comfortable with learning my first Tarot steps so it has a special place.

M
Premier Principes Tarot is about to launch on Kickstarter - follow below to get updated.
-Premier Principes Tarot- https://www.instagram.com/premier_principes_tarot/

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”