This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

JM's DoW: The Lonely Dreamer

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

JM's DoW: The Lonely Dreamer

Post by Joan Marie »

I love this deck. I have a real soft spot for it.
The Lonely Dreamer by Canadian artist Melissa Wotherspoon

Each card features the art of Odilon Redon and is related to the tarot very cleverly, very magically.

So, Monday,
tumblr_5a0a9203b060291e731d070be84c7353_6212f325_500.jpg

9 of Wands. Great start!

Just as I thought, a warning to avoid conflict.
Wish I had pulled this card about an hour ago.

I just got out of a "live chat" with a guy who thinks he's Robin Hood or something because he runs a website selling fake Tarot decks for under $10.

The discussion went nowhere with this guy. He really thinks he's a hero bringing "the magic of tarot" to more people by lying, stealing, and cheating. And I sort of regret having the conversation because I wasted my time and the people whose decks he's pirating have given up the fight and did not ask me to do that.

I wish I could say I feel good about it, about standing up for something, but to be honest, it just took away from my work, left me angry.
If people don't want to fight for their own work, who am I to jump into that fight for them?

Don't buy fake decks.
When you do you support the worst kind of people.

And you get a crappy deck full of janky vibes.

Happy Monday everyone, here's to hoping for a better week ahead.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: JM's DoW: The Lonely Dreamer

Post by Joan Marie »

lonely dreamer wed.jpg

I missed yesterday and I feel like you can't catch up on a missed tarot draw, so I'm just moving forward.

2 of Cups

I've made 2 connections with friends today which is a lot for me.
I made plans to meet one tomorrow, for a walk since that's all there is to do here with everything closed until mid-March at least.
Can't even go for a coffee.

The other is a friend who has taken up a hobby of making soaps and today I asked for the ingredients because when I use the ones she gives me my skin feels like a baby's. So I just ordered a bunch of cocoabutter and jojoba oil and mango butter and some other stuff.

I'm also getting some really nice messages from the first people who have received my latest deck, Cult of Weimar Tarot. The packages seem to be starting to arrive on people's doorsteps and it is lovely to hear from people who have such nice things to say.

So, I guess it really is a 2 of Cups day.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

lonely dreamer thurs.jpg

My bunny is sick so this card reminds me of the bug in her belly.

Took her to the vet and now she has to spend the night in the hospital.

It's a common bunny issue and we caught it early because it happened before so this time we knew to react right away.

Hoping for the best!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

tumblr_e642a6dfa9b1716b1ed2e0f8d4a0e76a_368d9ad2_500.jpg

Bunny Update, she's going to need to stay at least another day at the "Klein Tier Klinik", she's doing all right but needs more time and medication and I tried last time to administer the meds and was a complete failure at it. So, better they do it I guess, but I miss her.

I also launched a kickstarter today. It's my 4th one and I am kind of over the stress of one. I tried to make it good, and I will try to promote as best I can, but like the Queen of Swords, I won't get too emotional about it one way or another. I feel good about it. Star & Crown is a beautiful deck, I'm able to offer a good price for it so, hopefully it works out for us.

I am sort of feeling this card today. Earlier I was feeling like maybe something was wrong because normally I'm kind of a wreck at the launch of a kickstarter, but this time, not so much. I've decided nothing is wrong, I'm just beginning to finally understand better what this is all about.

I'm having more fun this time.

Happy Friday and send my bunny some good vibes please.

IMG_0182 copy 2.jpeg
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

First, the bunny update, She comes home today!!!

lonely dreamer sat.jpg

This is on the money.

I came to a strong realisation earlier today about something that has been a big question for me for a long time.

I see what I need to do, now I just have to do it.

Happy saturday everyone!

Return to “Week 06 - My Deck of the Week”