This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 1 Tarot del Toro

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 1 Tarot del Toro

Post by Rachelcat »

Yay, week 1 of 2021!

I start with this deck, a Christmas gift from my son. It’s based on the movies and novels of Guillermo del Toro, written and illustrated with woodblock prints by Tomas Hijo. An interesting note in the booklet is that the creator’s tarot teacher is blind but was able to “see” the illustrations because he could feel the engravings.

The only del Toro movies I’ve seen are Pan’s Labyrinth and Hellboy (both a little too violent and creepy for my taste), so I have a learning curve ahead, but let’s give the deck a try! Interview time!

Sunday.jpg

Most important characteristic: III Wands
The manifestation of energy is movement and change. This deck is a change and a step forward, as a tarot and for me.

Strength: Knight of Wands
A fairy riding a mantis. The deck’s strength is its fantasy world, that is very much realized in a physical way. As air of fire, it’s intellectually creative, and very masculine.

Weakness: Queen of Goblets
And being very masculine, it’s lacking in its portrayal of female characters, either innocent children or grotesques.

What the deck can teach me: XII The Hanged
Same as my day of Christmas card for today. The deck can help teach me patience and waiting for something new and important to be born.

How I can learn it: XIII
Same as my day of Christmas card for yesterday. I can learn to be patient by knowing that all things come to an end, and then something new begins. There is no vacuum in events, there is just becoming and ending and becoming and ending . . .

Outcome of our work together: Knight of Discs
A robot knight who seems to be falling apart is trying to ride a one-horned red monster, which is chewing on one of the knight’s shed gears. Did the monster bite off the knight’s arm? Our work together might be uncomfortable and even destructive, but it will result in nuts-and-bolts understanding for me.

See you tomorrow and we’ll see how it goes! Happy new year!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 1 Tarot del Toro

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the who is in the what

Monday.jpg

Ace of Discs, VII Blades, Valet of Discs, XI Strength
I’ll be concentrating on work today, just doing it and getting it over with. A cog in the machine! I might learn something interesting or fun, or I might be confused about something. But I will be able to do it all and power through any obstacles.

Have a happy first Monday of the year!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Inspiration or positive message for today, one card

Tuesday.jpg

IV Blades
What will help me today is to keep my mind and thoughts steady and calm. Although I feel like I’m starting something new, I need to focus on the basics of that and not fly off into random ideas and what-ifs. Calm and focus is the theme of the day. That’s inspiring and positive! I’ll take it.

Have a very happy Tuesday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
All-Purpose for the day

Wednesday.jpg

Very wandsy. The Emperor is holding a wand very similar to those on the wands cards, in leaf.

Me: IIII Emperor
I’m trying to be in charge, mostly of my time. I feel like I’m wasting it, and I need some planning and order.

Issue: King of Goblets
But someone will be trying to focus me on relationships instead of my own goals. Or maybe another part of me. They’re facing off.

Outcome: VII Wands
Emperor will win out and will enjoy the conflict. The fight will be energizing, not demoralizing.

Advice: V Wands
The advice is yes, fight. The struggle will make me feel more energized and confident.

Hmm, interesting to find out if this will be an internal or external struggle!

Have a happy day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Accountability. Are they going to be punished? PPF

Well, you know what has happened in DC. Traitors who call themselves patriots. The classic big lie, practiced on them and by them. I’m going through an angry stage right now, and I just want to know that the people responsible will be punished. Arrest a sitting president? Well, yeah, if he caused a riot, which he did. And he’s just as responsible for that woman’s death as if he pulled the trigger.

Thursday.jpg

Past: III Goblets
Before this happened, among law enforcement and courts, there was too much sympathy with the Trumpers for any legal actions to be taken. As far as self-expression, these idiots are willingly believing lies because they have so much fear that the world and this country is changing and that they won’t be the center of it anymore. So much fear that they don’t realize they’re being used by an insane person. It’s completely emotional because it certainly isn’t logical!

Present: Queen of Blades
Yesterday, reality cut off some of that emotion. People who are not certifiably insane have to now face the truth. And for some of them, it’s going to be a bitter pill to swallow. For Trumper Congress members and other leaders, it’s probably something they will never live down. I guess that’s some kind of punishment. Unless the lie machine gains traction again. Which it might. There’s no limit to self-deception! Even the queen’s sword can’t continuously cut off its Hydra head.

Future: VII Discs
This looks like no real accountability actions will be taken. Maybe leaders are afraid it will cause even more division between American people. The new administration will want to try to put things back on a business as usual basis, and will gloss over anything really disruptive to the economic status quo. That’s been my intuition on the Biden administration from the beginning. It’s certainly better than a traitorous tin-pot dictator, but it will be very much lip service to social change and real service to business interests. I guess that’s the way to keep relatively sane people in office, but it’s kind of a low bar . . .

Stay safe and sane, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
What can I do to help my country? All-Purpose Spread

Friday.jpg

Me: Knight of Blades
Wow, that’s me! My court card according to my MBTI system. And it’s air of air, and both horse and rider are wearing gas masks. My concerns may look like intellectual theories, but I mean them and am committed to them. That’s just how my mind works.

Helping my country: VII Blades
Loving and defending the truth will help my country, by me or anybody. Truth is the most important thing now.

Outcome: I Magician
Things will be done, and changes will be made. It may be more in appearances than in reality, but things aren’t going to stay so divided and extreme. Someone will take charge and make us see what he wants us to see. Maybe all the elements of the country’s situation, not just the extreme elements.

What I should do: V Wands
Fight! Conflict is good when for a good cause. It’s not just fighting for fighting’s sake, or defending a morally indefensible position. Truth and moral opinions matter. It’s not wrong to express them and identify myself with them. It’s certainly a time to make people think instead of blindly follow a leader. Look what that led to.

As you see, I’m still in my angry phase. In the meantime, have a happy Friday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day for Tarot del Toro
How will the tarot society meeting go today?
All-Purpose Spread

Saturday.jpg

Me leading: Ace of Blades
I have good ideas for the meeting, but might not be all that good in the execution of them.

Meeting: V Wands
I don’t see that the meeting would have a lot of conflict, but . . . Maybe different ideas about what constitutes new year readings.

Outcome: King of Wands
A new leader will emerge. I hope. Or my leadership will be confirmed. Sigh. I love the group and I love presenting, but I’m tired of being stressed out about always doing everything. Well, not everything. Emily is a big help.

Advice: IX Wands
Little Strength. Be strong and forceful and I can get through this and enjoy it. What do I need to be on my guard about? I guess conflicts in the group? This doesn’t sound like our group. Well, we’ll see in a few minutes!

Have a happy weekend, everyone! I’ll be back tomorrow with a new deck!

Return to “Week 01 - My Deck of the Week”