This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

JM reads for kare

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

JM reads for kare

Post by Joan Marie »

Helllo dear!
So any special wish or shall I go with the theme of what you need to leave behind in 2020?

Looking forward to doing a reading for you!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
kare
Sage

Re: JM reads for kare

Post by kare »

Joan Marie wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 21:40 Helllo dear!
So any special wish or shall I go with the theme of what you need to leave behind in 2020?

Looking forward to doing a reading for you!
The general theme works for me. Thank you!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

kare wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 21:53 The general theme works for me. Thank you!
So what does kare need to leave behind in 2020?

Fox - Coffin - Tree - Crossroads - Rider

I'm taking the middle card, Tree, as a central theme and pairing the outside cards and the inside cards so Fox + Rider and Coffin + Crossroads

The tree indicates the slow passage of time, which in a way is not such a bad thing, unless it indicates boredom or not using time well, wasting time.
The Fox and Rider tell me that you may have been pre-occupied with news, which can be a real time suck and maybe something you should not take into the new year. Think about your relationship to "current events" and sort out a more healthy way to consume it and free your time and your mind.

The Coffin - Crossroads makes me think of a kind of malaise around decision making. Like maybe with so much down time it's easy to let things slide and that can be a kind of psychic drag. It could also be indicative of a need to travel. I mean none of us have been able to travel much but we'll be able to again at some point so maybe, just to pep yourself up, plan the trip you'd like to take when it's possible to do so again.

2020 had a way of making our world's feel small (as in claustrophobic) by taking away our ability to plan things, limiting our vision of the future. This is a good thing to leave behind in 2020. Try to think more expansively about your life, long term and short term. Even day-to-day.

I wish you a wonderful holiday season and all the best in the coming year. ☮️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Joan Marie wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 15:18
kare wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 21:53 The general theme works for me. Thank you!
So what does kare need to leave behind in 2020?

Fox - Coffin - Tree - Crossroads - Rider

I'm taking the middle card, Tree, as a central theme and pairing the outside cards and the inside cards so Fox + Rider and Coffin + Crossroads

The tree indicates the slow passage of time, which in a way is not such a bad thing, unless it indicates boredom or not using time well, wasting time.
The Fox and Rider tell me that you may have been pre-occupied with news, which can be a real time suck and maybe something you should not take into the new year. Think about your relationship to "current events" and sort out a more healthy way to consume it and free your time and your mind.

The Coffin - Crossroads makes me think of a kind of malaise around decision making. Like maybe with so much down time it's easy to let things slide and that can be a kind of psychic drag. It could also be indicative of a need to travel. I mean none of us have been able to travel much but we'll be able to again at some point so maybe, just to pep yourself up, plan the trip you'd like to take when it's possible to do so again.

2020 had a way of making our world's feel small (as in claustrophobic) by taking away our ability to plan things, limiting our vision of the future. This is a good thing to leave behind in 2020. Try to think more expansively about your life, long term and short term. Even day-to-day.

I wish you a wonderful holiday season and all the best in the coming year. ☮️
First, thank you for your patience. I have had less time over the holidays than I anticipated. So many parts of your reading fit. With the tree, I feel like it is hard to see what this strange time, that has affected my work and my family so much, will ultimately lead to. We have been trying to grow in certain directions, but so much is unclear and indefinite. We have definitely been preoccupied with news about work in particular, and it does place a certain stress on the indefinite nature of where we are at. I have never thought of the fox as representing preoccupation, but I love seeing that. it fits and gives me new insight into that card.

The coffin and crossroads and the malaise around decision making also fits. There are a lot of big decisions that affect our future and a lot of those decisions are out of our hands. Like when I return to work in person, which impacts my kids' school situation, or if my husband gets the job he applied for.

There is a lot I just need to accept so I can focus on enjoying the time more. Interestingly, in the activity Tarot with Modifier, testpattern did a reading for me on the question of what to look forward to in the next year (I thought as this reading was about what to leave behind, I'd fill in the space with advice for what's next). Testpattern mentioned planning travel as well. This is something that we love to do and could do while social distancing. Something much needed.

Thank you so much and happy new year!

Return to “Goodbye 2020: A Very Lenny Christmas”