This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

JM Cosmic Signpost Reading

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

JM Cosmic Signpost Reading

Post by Joan Marie »

Starting tomorrow I am making this 10-day journey with my fellow travalers. I hope some more of you decide to join us.

These signpost of the year readings are a powerful way to connect to the change of season, the change of time.

I have received several new decks lately but I was really waiting for 2 of them hoping to use one of them for this but neither has shown up in time. One is promised to be here on Monday.
I will start with this other recently acquired deck, Mythical Goddess Tarot.
I don't know a thing about it yet but I get a good feeling from it that it might suit this activity just fine.
mythical goddess tarot.jpg

I will have a look into it tonight and be ready to start in the morning.
I am so looking forward to this.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: JM Cosmic Signpost Reading

Post by Joan Marie »

Day1. Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th
This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.

Day 01 mythical Goddess Tarot.jpg

The Mother of Fire. Regeneration.

I will keep this card in mind as I go to sleep tonight.

By the way, this is my first time using this deck at all. So every card is new to me.
This fiery woman here..I hope she portends to renewed energy and spark. We'll see what she brings to my dreams tonight.

I will report back in the A.M. πŸ”₯

UPDATE: I could not get to sleep last night. I was awake till 3am just reading stuff, really interesting stuff though. Things I needed to learn.

Then I had a very long and vivid dream about visiting my son in the US at his and his girlfriend's new apartment. Really vivid. man I hope that one comes true.

It just hit me how kind of perfect "Mother Regeneration" is.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

In all honesty, I was really hoping to get a deck (that is supposed to be delivered today) for this exercise but after the message from yesterday, I think this might just be the right deck.

Here I go for Day 2

Day 2. Yule - Winter Solstice: - Dec 21st
This card shows us how best to connect to the Light within and without - it symbolizes the Birth of the Sun.

Day 2 mythical Goddess tarot.jpg

Well that's a bit on the nose!

Seriously, wow.

Another Mother card, this time the Earth Mother, Birth.

I love the green, the heart colour.

The sun and earth are grateful to each other. The Earth couldn't really survive without the sun. The sun however can survive without the earth but think of how pleasant it must be for the sun to see what its warmth and light can do for that tiny 3rd stone.

Yes I am attaching human emotions to these great entities, the truth is probably so much more powerful and interesting.

The earth and sun together make life. We are all dependent on each other to make things work, to lift each other up. We make each other laugh and comfort each other in sadness. It's a constant cycle. We give each other purpose. It's a wonderful gift, maybe the best. And never to be taken for granted.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 3. The Time of Beth: - Dec 22nd
This card points to the inner blocks and resistance that is holding us back from following our dreams.

Day 3 mythical Goddess tarot.jpg

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately. Doing some reading also.
I know that it's a thing that we often block ourselves as a way to protect ourselves from the perception we will fail. Or that failure is the end. It's why we don't pick up the pencils or paints, why we don't start the book, a lot of things. And the problem is a lost sense of play.

I read that one of the most effective ways to learn is through play. That play is a complex learning technique. people who teach children know this. Unfortunately people who teach adults do not. And if you are like me and basically self-taught in just about everything, it's really important to have fun when approaching work and learning.

Someone, a children's art teacher, recently told me that she does an exercise with the kids where they draw and write with their non-dominant hand. Something about having no expectation of skill just loosens things up. The reason is a bit counter-intuitive: she said because you are so focused on the act of just holding the instrument (pencil, paintbrush etc) that you don't think about what you are writing or drawing. It just pours out. To surprising result. She showed me several pieces done by her and her students. Some of the writing too.

Another friend works with refugee children teaching them the local language (German) almost entirely with singing. She says they remember songs and they learn the "sound" of the language. Eventually they know which articles and verb conjugations to use because they have an innate feeling for the sound of the language. And they learned it through play.

I think that it what this card is telling me, how it is so easy as an adult to turn our dreams and passions into work, into a grind. It's the habit we've developed. And maybe that's why we learn slower as we age, because we have lost that sense of play and fun.

To follow a dream you have to be obsessed in some way, and, well obsession is fun. You have to give yourself over to it and let it take you away. You have to play its game.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 4. Hopi Time of Renewal - Dec 23rd
This card indicates the best way for us to seek purification and renewal, and to build tolerance for others.

(I think I said this as well last year, but I am not crazy about the use of the word "tolerance"here. I would replace it with "appreciation." )

day 3 mythical Goddess tarot.jpg

I'll say again, this deck was not my first choice for this reading, But it is turning out to be really connected in a lot of ways to the spirit of all this.
First of all this image, the night sky of this time of year. The halo of purity. And at the risk of sounding really weird, I think she kind of looks like me.

This image is heavily based in Chakra imagery. This for me means meditaition, the clearing and balancing of the self. And the realizations that arise in the process.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 5. Feast of Mothers, Christmas Eve: - Dec 24th
This card shows how we can connect with the spirits of our ancestors for communion and to ask for wisdom and guidance. It is also a time for Christians to reflect on the birth of Christ.

day 5.jpg

The Crow Woman - Sacred Law

We connect with the spirits when we honour the ancient ways.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 6. Festival of Life, Christmas: - Dec 25th
This card shows us how to connect directly with Spirit.

day 6.jpg

Cool. That is a pretty direct answer.

I've been thinking about this and also just got a Lenormand reading from Charlie Brown that sort of made me think that this past year has impinged a bit on my zest for living. I just mean by that I'm acting older than i wish to. Becoming a real creature of habit, my world getting smaller, a general loss of expansiveness.

This card, the Maiden, reminds me of the spark of youth, the passion that drives the spirit.

Here is what the booklet says:
Your passion is the key to let the dormant feelings rise from your core into vitality, creating the life that you long for and deserve.
This is I think a real key message for me as I prepare to start a new season, a new year.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 7. Yuletide, Kwanzaa: - Dec 26th
This card shows us how to express nurturance, to attend to our families and to express the protective energy within us towards others.

day 7.jpg

Again, this deck is almost TOO on the nose.

Boundaries are good. Boundaries are important.
Especially with family because that is where boundaries tend to get a little thin.

One thing we forget about our loved one is that their feelings are probably not far from our own.
I can best protect my self and the people I love by maintaining healthy boundaries.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 8. Birth of Freyja: - Dec 27th
This card points to issues of love, luck, artistic and creative expression and female wisdom.

thumbnail_20201228_090901.jpg
The Crone! Yes, embrace the Crone! Seriously, I need a hug!
She looks wonderful here, all fiery creative spirit, comfortable with herself and what she has become.
This card is really inspiring and especially right now during this strange limbo week, this week of preparation.
This feels really wonderful to me.

Day 9. Feast of Alcyone: - Dec 28th
This card gives us a personal inner message - one that speaks directly to our heart and spirit.

thumbnail_20201228_091915.jpg

Hmm. My first "sad" card.
I just looked up Alcyone and I see that she is the Goddesss of the Sea, calm, and tranquility.
So, amazing that I drew this.

here is the story of her:
My goddess is the goddess of the moon,the sea, calm, and tranquility.Here story is this...
Alcyone and her husband Ceyx were so madly in love that they called each other Zues and Hera. Well that did not make Zues and Hera very happy so that night Zues gave Ceyx a dream that he needed to come to Mount Olympus to discuss a subject with the gods. So the next day Ceyx told Alcyone that he would set out that day without HER. She was infuriated! She demanded that she come with him but he refused for her own saftey then he left. As he was left a big storm was starting to come in but Ceyx did not notice because Hera made it so he could not notice it no matter how hard he tried. Finally the storm came in and Ceyx was killed in a shipwreck. Artimes and Aphrodite were totally against this so they made sure that Alcyone could see her husband one last time. When Alcyone saw her husband dead on the sea shore she tried to commit suicide many times. The Gods and Goddesses were so touched by the way Alcyone was so willing to die because her husband died that they brought Ceyx back to life and turned them both into Kingfisher birds. Now for one week out of winter her father The West Wind calms the water and the wind so that his daughter Alcyone may lay her eggs in peace.- from https://rfgoddesses.weebly.com/alcyone.html
Inner peace is often the result of great loss and tragedy, suffering and trouble. It's not a "consolation prize" though. It's just the natural result. A good reminder to notice the healing and wisdom that I have gained on life. It didn't come from nothing.

It is also a good reminder to notice and appreciate the "halcyon" days. The days when the storms abate and sailing is smooth.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 10. Day of Nymphs - Dec 29th
This card encourages us to connect to our playful side, our inner child and how best to cultivate this aspect of ourselves.

thumbnail_20201229_135458.jpg

This deck is really somthing.
The day's message is about "cultivating" and I draw this Earth card with a lady in the garden.

Which is also an activity near to my heart. I know there are a lot of tricks to gardening well, but I am always amazed at how easy it is really, how nature provides all the most important ingredients.

I already do a fair amount of gardening but going into 2021 it will be a good idea to really prioritise it. Spend more time learning and doing. What a great message for me.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 11. Day of Rest: - Dec 30th
This card shows us how to walk our path in a relaxed and confident way....with the ability to deal with stressful situations in a philosophical, detached way.

She is the picture of calm detachment.

day 11.jpg

It is interesting how maintaining a calm demeanour of poise, of posture, face, and tone of voice actually leads you into a calmer frame of mind.

I will try from now on to imagine myself sitting upon a giant purple lotus flower at all times.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Day 12. New Year's Eve, Hogmanay - Dec 31st
This card shows us how to release the old and let in the new. This relates to both our external lives and our inner being.

tumblr_61fdaddabb1d71a2a28bf96a478e0abc_bc92ab17_500.jpg

An Ace.

I think...there is a very important and powerful message for me here. But it's private.

Tomorrow or the next day I will take all of these cards together, all 12 and devise for my self an overall message for the year.
I really think there is one here.

I am amazed at this deck. Amazed and surprised. I did not expect this level of connection.

Return to β€œ12-day Cosmic Signpost Reading: Hosted by Nemia”