This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

kare Reads for testpattern

kare
Sage

kare Reads for testpattern

Post by kare »

Hi, testpattern,

What question would you like a reading for?
testpattern
Seer

Re: kare Reads for testpattern

Post by testpattern »

Hi kare, thanks for reading for me?

I've recently started to assemble a spiritual practice for myself. What should I focus upon in this process next?
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

testpattern wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 18:48 Hi kare, thanks for reading for me?

I've recently started to assemble a spiritual practice for myself. What should I focus upon in this process next?
Thank you for your patience. I used the New Era Elements Tarot, which is somewhat unique because I think the majors are based on the RWS, while the minors are based on the Thoth.

For the main answer to your question about what to focus on in your process with your spiritual practice, I pulled a reversed 5 of Air, defeat. This card actually popped out on its own. The card that provides more information or insight into the 5 of air is the Father of Earth.

For the 5 of air, I tend to see reversals as being stuck in a developmental phase rather than naturally moving through it. I see cards 1-10 in each suit as being natural steps toward a more evolved state of being. A reversal then is more time spent in that step than a natural process would suggest. Reversed, this is a card of mental conflict with no clear end in sight--even if there is an end in sight, it's a struggle that, like the bugs stuck in the web, is hard for you to imagine a way out of at the moment. It could also mean that you simply have more work to do sorting out conflicting thoughts or perspectives before you move on. If so, this reversal is an indicator to sit with this struggle and not rush it unnecessarily.

The Father of Earth in this picture in particular reminds me of a Woody Guthrie type. Guthrie was a folk musician who wrote music that pointed out the struggles of the starving masses during the Great Depression. A master at his craft who used his life experience, care for the life experiences of his fellow humans, and his skills to not only serve himself, but to promote ideals that would serve everyone. This guy has worked hard his whole life, and doesn't appear to be wealthy, but he sits with a calm, satisfied, but engaged look. To me, this is the way to find a center in the midst of your reversed 5 of air moment. Struggle looks a lot like discernment, and to successfully go through this period of struggle, channel experience, patience, a sense that the work you have put in is worth it in and of itself, and that this will all lead where it needs to go. I think this card is either advice on how to progress through any struggle, or a reminder that there is a solid, grounded center in you that is ultimately in control of this process, no matter how disorienting or difficult it seems. It is worth noting that Earth energy is not necessarily fast moving, and even the figure in the card here appears to be sitting.

So the short answer is, embrace the struggle, don't rush or force it, and embrace a grounding and accepting center that gives you a sense of control over your own process.

I hope this helps! Happy holiday and thank you for letting me read for you!
Attachments
New Era Elements Tarot
New Era Elements Tarot
testpattern
Seer

Post by testpattern »

Thanks very much! That is a very useful perspective in my current position. I also really like your reading style here. I looked over the New Era at a shop recently, and found the portrait cards bewildering: "How could anyone ever read something like this?" Well, you've shown me how! Is this sort of imaginary biography a usual approach with this deck for you?
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

testpattern wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 03:59 Thanks very much! That is a very useful perspective in my current position. I also really like your reading style here. I looked over the New Era at a shop recently, and found the portrait cards bewildering: "How could anyone ever read something like this?" Well, you've shown me how! Is this sort of imaginary biography a usual approach with this deck for you?
I used to wonder about portrait style cards too, but these in particular are really detailed. They aren't all like that. So I do struggle wih some portrait cards and just fall back on the standard meanings of the cards. But with these the detail to me tells a story, so I think of a story that fits the element and court level of the card, if that makes sense. There are all kinds of Kings of Pents, and so this is one very particular type, rather than a universal model of one. Thank you!

Return to “Tarot with Modifier: Hosted by kare”