This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Amoroso reads for Rachelcat, Tarot w/Modifier

Amoroso
Sage

Amoroso reads for Rachelcat, Tarot w/Modifier

Post by Amoroso »

Hi Rachelcat! I'm glad to have you as my querent for this circle.

How may I help you?
Start strong
End stronger
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Amoroso reads for Rachelcat, Tarot w/Modifier

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! Good to work with you again! If I already asked this question too many times, I'm sorry, but can we do it again anyway?

My son recently got engaged. The wedding isn't until spring of 2022. Given all the weirdness these days, it's a good choice! But what should I be doing and thinking in the meantime, at this early wedding planning stage? How much should I get involved? How do I support them, etc.?

Thanks so much! I look forward to it!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I'll post my reading very soon since my schedule just eased up considerably. Until later, Rachelcat!
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Hi Rachelcat. You asked the extent of the help and the specific contributions which you, as the mother of the groom, should lend to the couple at this moment. For that I was thinking of consulting something new and propitious. I decided on the Morgan-Greer - aside from its vivid palette, you will be its first actual querent (besides me and the deck itself of course).

And - what do you know - the cards I drew were very apropos to the question. The main card is the Queen of Pentacles. As the maternal archetype of the court cards, this represents no one but you. It suggests that whatever succor you, as a mother, instinctively feel you must extend would assuredly be correct. Aside from the emotional support and encouragement that you'll give your son, your intelligence and great sense of order and efficiency will be an asset. In areas where there lie some vagueness or confusion, you would be able to provide practical advice, effectively steering them in the optimal direction.

The Ace of Pentacles Reversed as the modifier suggests that it is not exactly financially or materially where your help is most needed. It's mainly in the oversight of the expenses/logistics where you'll shine. Maybe you know of better deals that would meet their needs while being friendlier on the pocket. You may be able to connect them with contacts who can provide superior service. Don't be afraid to voice out your concerns if you think they're being overcharged by a supplier or if one of the people/institutions they deal with have an unsavory reputation.

With a Court and an Ace reversed, numerologically this draw suggests the latter stages of a cycle. Haste is not exactly this suit's characteristic, and coupled with the forbearance of the Queen, this suggests that your help would be more needed at a later stage. At that point the couple should have already decided on the general features of the nuptial like the motif, location, number of guests, etc.

It's in ironing out the details where your guidance will be most valuable. As an avatar of the element of earth, you would be able to provide a grounded and utterly pragmatic perspective that will help them manifest their dream wedding. In any case, you do have the measured, diplomatic approach to make them listen.

I hope this helps, Rachelcat.

IMG_20201216_152957.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thank you so much! My first reaction is that you are so eloquent on the meanings of the Queen of Pentacles! I would have come up with the same ideas eventually, but you expressed them so well!

And what you said about about helping with practical advice, not necessarily with money, is definitely true, and has already happened. My son asked if I could help pitch in or loan some money for the engagement ring. I transferred money into his account. He was kind of hurt because he was thinking more that I would help him in the shopping and then just help out with money at purchase time. So we did that, went with him to the jewelry store twice and helped him decide some things, and it was fun and all very successful.

So I should continue that trend with wedding planning--be involved in the practical decisions (if they ask me tho) not just throw money at any problems. Great advice.

And I also appreciate the later in the process idea. Makes sense. Let them decide the basic stuff and help when I can with sticky details.

Thanks again. This really helps me focus on where I should be and what I should be thinking. And makes me more confident that it's ok to figure out what to do as the time is right!

PS, love the Morgan Greer for this! So rich and bright!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Thank you for the encouraging feedback!
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Tarot with Modifier: Hosted by kare”