This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachelcat reads for shadowrose Tarot with Modifier

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachelcat reads for shadowrose Tarot with Modifier

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi there! Do you have a question or subject for your reading? Just let me know, and we'll get started!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
shadowrose
Seer

Re: Rachelcat reads for shadowrose Tarot with Modifier

Post by shadowrose »

how about, what should I focus my attention on in the new year?
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Good choice! I may copy you for my question. :) I'll work on your reading over the weekend!

shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

sounds lovely!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

shadowrose wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 02:05 what should I focus my attention on in the new year?
shadowrose 12-12-20.jpg

The Star!
(This is the Budapest Tarot, which has all the conventional tarot cards, but the majors are numbered differently.)
In the new year, you should be counting your blessings! And concentrating on and being grateful for all the good things you have in your life. Realize that all those good things are a free gift of the universe to you. The universe is conspiring to shower you with blessings, especially if you’re open to seeing your situation that way. That’s not to say you won’t have any challenges or needs over the year, but your focus should be on the joys and bounties you’ll experience.

Now the modifier: The Moon
(I swear I shuffled. So these are the cards you should have.)

While the stars are constant, moving only gradually over the course of a year, the moon changes every day, waxing and waning and returning to the same state every month. While your circumstances may change -- or stay the same because of quarantining -- the blessings and gifts will continue to come to you throughout the year ahead.

Another contrast: Although both the stars and the moon are lights in the night, the stars generate their own light, while the moon’s light is reflected sunlight. So the emphasis on blessings and gratitude is the true emphasis. The moon’s message of impermanence is a truth, but one that can be a distraction, not something you need to concentrate on in the coming year.

Well, this is a very positive reading, and an interesting combination! Let me know what you think! Thanks for letting me read for you!

shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

Wow! What a fantastic reading. Gives me a lot to think about. It tied right into what I was already beginning to focus on for next year. I followed a creativity blog for a couple of years and the author did something he called "lighthouse words." This is a word you pick to focus on, to try to motivate yourself creatively, through the year. I also subscribe to an introvert newsletter that sends out a contemplative word each Monday. Two weeks ago my birthday was on a Monday (full moon too, which I was born during a full moon) and the word that came in my newsletter was "Perception." It struck a cord with me so I chose that as my lighthouse word for 2021. As I was reading your post, it resonated with my lighthouse word, at least in my mind. So I went to my tarot buddies on Facebook and asked them what tarot card they would associate with the word "perception." The card that came up was the Moon. This morning, my tarot mentor posts a card of the day and today it was the Moon. So, you are right on track with what you've told me. Looks like I've got some pondering to do. I will certainly update you when I have mulled this over more carefully.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, you're being stalked by the moon! I guess there are worse stalkers! I'm glad the reading is mixing in with all the things you need to think about, and that it helps a little.

Have a very happy year ahead!

shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

thank you very much! I rather like the Moon, so it's good :)
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

i did a week ahead spread this weekend and the star and moon both showed up, and in my solstice spread the moon came up.... :D
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

just FYI, the star has shown up in every weekly reading so far....
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, you're really onto something here! I hope it's all good for you!

shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

me too! ;) thanks so much.

Return to “Tarot with Modifier: Hosted by kare”