This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 46 Wooden Runes

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 46 Wooden Runes

Post by Rachelcat »

This is kind of/almost a deck because it is a Lo Scarabeo product distributed by Llewellyn, “Deluxe Wooden Runes.” The set comes with a red velvet bag with Raido printed on it. And probably a booklet translated from Italian, but I’ve lost track of that.

Deluxe Wooden Runes.jpg

I like wood rather than stone because I think it’s more authentic, plus it’s more tactilely pleasing to me. (Although I’m also quite partial to my clear quartz runes with gold lettering. I call them my ice runes.) I also like the shape because there are definite front and back sides, which I use in some of the ways I read. And I like the larger size. And I think the font is more refined than straight lines (although straight lines are probably more authentic).

I was toying with using “Runes of the Northern Light,” very shiny rune cards also from LS, but I wasn’t feeling it. I guess organic is better than bling for runes? And I looked at all the other rune card decks I have (total of 7). I somehow think that the appeal of runes is the simplicity, which is kind of the opposite of illustrated cards. So not a deck after all?

I’ve done a lot of studying off and on through the years. My notes are dated 2011! But I think I’ve studied again since then. We’ll see how I do on interps this week, and if I need to go back to the books to catch up!

A short interview to start:

Sunday.jpg

Strength: Berkana
The set’s strength is that it is organic. And it’s purified of other influences, like an artist’s interpretation. It represents the runes themselves.

Weakness: Kenaz
One would think that light and creativity would be a plus . . . Maybe its weakness is the same as its strength: it’s stripped down to the bare essentials with no creativity or extra light provided by an artist.

What I can learn: Thurisaz
I will learn that runes were created by a warlike culture, and much that it has to say is about conflict and competition.

Outcome of our work together: Ihwaz
I will also learn that all those conflicts have two sides. I will reconsider as above, so below. Even though I study and work with runes only off and on, really rather seldom, they’re always there for me when I come back to them.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 46 Wooden Runes

Post by Rachelcat »

Wheel of the Year for Martinmas
Traditional Martinmas is November 11; astrological this year is November 7, 2020.

Martinmas 2020.jpg

Me: Kenaz
I’m a home body, but always interested in learning and creativity. I’ll be creative this eighth of the year.

Relationship: Manaz
I’ll be concerned about mankind as a whole. I’ll be interested in wanting to help and support the generality of people. I’ll be more open to news and what’s going on in the world.

Home and background: Tir
I’ll be looking at my past in an effort to find justice and truth.

Aspiration: Lagu
And I’ll be working toward more authentic emotions and more compassion and caring.

Health and wealth: Isa
Ugh. My weight will stall. Well, at least I won’t gain. And wealth the same. I won’t be gaining, but I won’t be losing either.

Emotions: Jera
Same as Tir and Lagu, my emotions will be focused on karma and justice. What did I sow and what am I reaping.

Thoughts: Sowilo
My thinking will be clear. And I’ll be thinking about what is true happiness.

Energy: Algiz
Not so much in my thoughts or emotions, but energetically (perhaps subconsciously) I’ll be linked to the greater spirit. I’ll be reaching for heaven even though I don’t know if it exists.

Timeline:

Christmas will be an emotional time.

But February will be sunny and bright.

March and April will also be light and focused on personal light and creativity.

In May, I’ll feel stuck. Will things ever change?

By my birthday, that justice I’m seeking will be served. Finally.

In August, spiritual concerns will come forward again.

In September, those spiritual concerns will open up into social concerns.

This time next year, we’ll all get what we’ve got coming to us. Whatever it is.

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Quick toss for the day

Monday.jpg

Uruz in the middle
I will need to be strong today and I will be. I’ll have physical stamina and perhaps the stubbornness of a bull.

Fehu and Ihwaz face down scattered to the upper right
Worry about finances will be swirling around me, but I won’t really face it or let it in my consciousness. Will my current good economic situation come to an end or be long-lasting?

I guess that’s lurking in the minds of most of us these days! In the meantime, I’ll concentrate on being strong and getting stuff done!

Have a happy Monday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Nine Worlds Drop
What do I need to know right now?

Tuesday.jpg

Othala past Niflhiem
I am actively refusing to think about doing any home improvements or selling or moving. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but that is definitely what is happening! (Othala is home, Niflhiem is what is not happening around me.)

Tir face down in Muspellshiem
I’m still upset with my ex for pushing back on the revealed secret thing. He’s pushing to revise my perception of what happened to me in the past, and I’m not going along. I feel like I know what happened and who was at fault, and talking about it isn’t going to change my mind. (Tir is justice and rule of law, Muspellshiem is what is happening around me. Face down is I’m not wanting to see it.)

Wunjo face down in Midgard
I shouldn’t let these other things get me down. I have SO MUCH to be thankful for and to celebrate, my son’s engagement and election results, for example! I need to focus on that more than on the minor things that are bothering me.

Have a happy day today!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
All-Purpose Spread

Wednesday.jpg

Me: Ehwaz
I will feel a sense of freedom and self-determination today. I’ll be in tune with my natural side and will use it to my advantage and enjoy it.

Issue: Wunjo
Well, that’s a good issue to have! I will be happy and feel joy today. Maybe something wonderful will happen, or I’ll realize the wonderful things I already have.

Outcome: Inguz
The wonderful thing will grow and bear fruit. It won’t just be a feeling, it will be something I can use to make make my life better, if I take care of it.

Advice: Kenaz
I seem to be getting this one a lot. As advice, it means I should indeed bring my good things to the light of my consciousness and turn them into something better using my abilities and creativity.

Wow, very positive for today. I just need to remember not to let it go by without taking advantage of the good things coming my way.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
I tried the chain of runes twice, but I got way too many runes to read with, first time, 15 of 24, second time 21 of 24! I guess I better go with a spread, huh?
What about Capital Tarot Society leadership? 3 runes in a row, no spread meanings.

Thursday.jpg

Wunjo: Everything is really fine how it is, and people get a lot of joy from the group.

Dagaz: The work all balances out. Sometimes it’s more, sometimes it’s less. It’s really not too much. And we do share pretty equally.

Hagalaz: It would take some kind of disaster to make the group want to change what we have. We survived the transition to Zoom, so I probably don’t want to shake things up any more for a while.

Ok, got it. I’ll try the chain again later. I wonder if I could just cut it off after 3? Would that have any benefit over just picking 3? Isn’t part of chaining the variability? I’ll have to work on that!

In the meantime, have a great day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
My anxiety has risen since I ended my news blackout. What do I do about it?

Friday.jpg

Me: Inguz
I have to remember I’m still on a quest for physical and emotional health. I need to concentrate on the good things I have and how to hold onto that.

Issue: Isa
Just because one thing has changed (election is called) doesn’t mean all the news will now be rosy and light. Political news is still creepy, and all news will still show mostly bad things and bad people.

Outcome: Ihwaz
I will decide to end news watching again for my own health.

Advice: Algiz
Pray, meditate, try to stay connected to something higher than the interesting times we live it!

I'm going to start now! No more news again for a while.

Have a happy Friday and a good weekend!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day for runes

First I want to give you a link to the rune poems http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/rune_poems.html , a good place to start because they’re the closest we can come to primary sources for those of us who only read English. (Published in Runic and Heroic Poems by Bruce Dickins, 1915.) All the other info on the Sunnyway site is also good and helpful, including the references/book recommendations.

I think I’ll try chaining one more time, but if I get too many runes, I’ll give up again and try something else.

What’s going to happen and what should I do about Christmas festivities?

Ok, 13 out of 24 in the chain so I give up. Instead I’ll use one turkey/hand from my Thanksgiving spread, four things to give and something to keep in mind about giving.

Saturday.jpg

Things I can give:
Emotionally: hagalaz
I can give something related to the quarantine. It will acknowledge that things are still dangerous and up in the air. I can support my family that’s worried about the virus.

Intellectually: manaz
I can give something that everyone (all people) would like to get. Food? I will have to figure that out!

Physically: tiwaz
I should spend a lot of money and/or time. The sacrifice will be worth it.

Energetically: othala
But through it all remember home is the place to be and I’m doing it all for my family, not for me.

Keep in mind about giving: isa
Just because the situation is different doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to keep some things the same. Tradition is still important.

Well, that’s it for runes for a while. As usual, they’re always tempting me, but I get so-so info from them. Which is most probably because of my inexperience. I definitely need to go back to tarot for next week. I’m feeling it might be time for a repeat of one of my historic pips decks!

See you tomorrow! Have a great weekend!

Return to “Week 46 - My Deck of the Week”