This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 45 Halloween Oracle

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 45 Halloween Oracle

Post by Rachelcat »

Since “astrological Halloween,” when the sun enters 15 degrees Scorpio, isn’t until Saturday, November 7, I’m going to do another week of a Halloween deck, the Halloween Oracle by Stacey Demarco, a Blue Angel deck. It’s 36 large, glossy cards of various Halloweeny items with keyword and photo-based art.

The author mentions that she is Australian and so doesn’t have the traditional Halloween background that Americans do. I find that some odd things are included and others are left out. But it has a black cat card, so we’re all good. When I got the deck way back when, I also found that I wasn’t satisfied with the book’s take on everything, so I typed up some notes of my own and stuck them in the box. So now it’s time to revisit the deck and my notes!

Let’s start with a short interview!

Sunday.jpg

Strength: Midnight
The witching hour. It’s strength is that it’s adequately spooky and portrays the spirit of Halloween, its scariness and attractiveness. It has a darkness and dreamlike atmosphere.

Weakness: Skull of Light
Being meta, the skull cards are a weakness. There are 4, Skull of Darkness, Skull of Flowers, Skull of Light, and Skull of Stars. They seem a bit odd to include when other, more traditional items are not. On the other hand, they do include some light in what might be an otherwise too dark set of ideas.

What I can learn: Skeleton
Strong under the surface. What remains when everything else is gone. Support. Bare bones. Things that frighten us can teach us where we’re strong and where we’re weak, and possibly how to remedy that. From my notes: Bare bones = nakedness = vulnerability. The strength of vulnerability is being able to ask for support.

Outcome of our work together: Lady de los Muertos
I’ll understand better that life and death are part of the same natural process. And not to be afraid of the beauty of the dark.

The deck does have beauty to it, doesn’t it? I look forward to sharing more with you this week. See you tomorrow!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 45 Halloween Oracle

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Opportunity, Challenge, Resolution

Monday.jpg

Opportunity: Graveyard
I have the opportunity to rest in peace. When things are really let go, then there is peace. An opportunity to not be afraid of endings and change.

Challenge: Lamp
Pretty much the same as above. The challenge is to remember without pain or upsetting emotions. Let go of blame and let good memories come forth.

Resolution: The Veil
Divination is all well and good, but we still can only see through a glass darkly. I don’t know what the future will be, but it will be better for letting go of past negativity.

Very Halloween reading, of course! A little challenging because we have what might be a negative card (fear) under opportunity and a positive card (light, remembrance) under challenge. But the resolution works perfectly!

Have a happy Monday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Election outcome

Tuesday.jpg

Today, election day: Eternal Love
Love stronger than death could be a metaphor for compassion and real patriotism stronger than petty divisions and stupidity. The country will pull together today to make it a safe, peaceful, honest election leading to a safe, peaceful, honest transfer of power. We can hope!

First hundred days (now through end of April): Apple
The focus will be on providing food and health care for everyone while avoiding temptations and deceit along the way. Oh, perhaps revealing deceit about sustenance and health.

Term (through 2024): Vampire
A vampire might pretend to love, but it’s just desire of possession. In the long run, the presidency will pretend to care about people and the country, but it’s just doing whatever it takes to get what it wants. And maybe make it look good. Politics as usual, not genuine caring.

How history will tell it: Skeleton
This change in power illustrates the strength of the US governmental system. It has righted itself without too much struggle or violence. (Again, not how I see it, but I think history will tell it that way.)

Well, not a resounding success, but maybe the best we can hope for at this point. I’m anxious (not eager!) to see how it all turns out.

In the meantime, have a happy Tuesday, and US folks, vote if you haven’t already!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
What about studying about alchemy?
Opportunity Challenge Resolution

Wednesday.jpg

Opportunity: Spider
I can learn enough to weave together different strands of knowledge, especially astrology and alchemy, already closely related.

Challenge: Skull of Stars
The sky’s the limit! There’s just so much information and analysis out there. Who do I trust, who do I follow? And can I get anything from primary sources? Because they’re just as diverse as contemporary scholarship.

Resolution: Scrying
If I narrow my focus to using alchemical concepts and symbols for a divination system, I can succeed with that. Which was my original impulse for revisiting the subject.

Have a happy Wednesday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
All-Purpose Spread

Thursday.jpg

Me: Scrying
Um, yes, this is me scrying . . . I’m thinking about a couple of projects and ideas, all to do with divination, of course! I’m trying to understand how I can use it and how it all has to do with my life.

Issue: Ghost
Oh, good. Regrets. Well, let’s look at it as an opportunity to resolve some issues.

Outcome: Mummy
Things will take an unnatural turn. Instead of being sad and paralyzed by regrets, I’ll resolve them in a novel way?

Advice: Werewolf
The time is coming when I can explore my shadow. I wasn’t ready before, but now maybe I am. That’s the different way of dealing with regrets. And scrying. I can use tarot to do some shadow work, and the result will be different this time. Not hiding and rationalizing the past, but really dealing with it in a deeper way. Being a werewolf can be about painful transformation, but it can also be realizing that humans and wolves are similar in many ways, and embracing the shadow and the wild.

I'm visiting my mom tomorrow, so you probably won't see me here, but I'll catch up later! Have a happy day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday
How will today’ Tarot Society meeting go?
All-Purpose Spread

Saturday.jpg

Me: Ancestors
I’m an old-timer in the group. People think I know a lot, but I don’t feel like any authority. It’s just the knowledge that’s come from many years of practicing.

Meeting: Forgiveness
Maybe we won’t have many people, but we’ll still enjoy it? It’s another opportunity for me to let go of control!

Outcome: Winter
Let go of anything that won’t survive until spring. More letting go. We also have to figure out how to have a virtual solstice party meeting!

Advice: The Lamp
The flip side of letting go is welcoming. I need to be open to what members bring to the group and welcome them and their ideas.

Well, I just heard that they called the election, we may just talk and read about that instead of what I planned on. So I do need to let go and welcome!

Have a great day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Well, I was right about all this!

The people at the meeting were all long-time members (Ancestors). We talked a lot about the election, but it fit in well with the program I had planned, reading about the Big Questions, like why did some people vote in inexplicable ways?, fate or freewill?, and how we can help people during this difficult time.

One of our members is much liked, but she IS a talker. I was proud of the others in the meeting for their patience and courtesy with her!

And we did try to make some plans for our December winter party meeting!

And so it goes!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday on Saturday
Last reading with Halloween Oracle
What is the best thing I can do to help people who are having a difficult time?

Friday on Saturday.jpg

I’ve gotten this card many times this week.

Skeleton continues to mean strong under the surface, and remaining essentials.

The best thing I can do is stay strong in my commitment to helping and remember the essential fact that many people are in need of the essentials for everyday life. That will be motivation enough to do what needs to be done.

See you tomorrow with a new deck!

Return to “Week 45 - My Deck of the Week”