This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

JM's Scary Deck: Thoth of course!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

JM's Scary Deck: Thoth of course!

Post by Joan Marie »

I wasn't sure which deck to choose for this week and then I did my daily draw with Crowley's Thoth and am convinced this is the deck for a scary week ahead. The 3 positions are:
Spirit of the Day
Priority of the Day
What to be mindful of

I was convinced because I asked a very specific question today in relation to my plan to take my laptop in to have the hard drive replaced today.
And here is what I drew:
Chariot - 7 of Disks - 9 of Cups
Chariot - 7 of Disks - 9 of Cups

!!!!!
I read a lot with Thoth and every once in a while it just tries to be funny. But like in an evil way. Very dark humour. Which is my favourite kind to be honest.

And look at this, the Charioteer holding a giant disk. On the way to the Apple store I guess?

Then the 7 of Disks, Failure. So literally DISK FAILURE (my hard drive is failing according to a diagnostic test I had last week and also the way it's acting) but this is just a little bit too ON THE FREAKING NOSE!!!

But, the last card, Happiness! So it all works out? ???

I know this is a very superficial (and optimistic) reading but every once in a while that's exactly how the Thoth speaks to me, just in my face, plain as day, almost telling me not to read more into it than it is trying desperately to show me as plainly and clearly as possible. Like even an idiot could interpret this message. Like it's laughing at me, darkly.

Well. I'm going to head in soon to the Appple store. And when I get the computer back, I will come home and restore the data I have on my backup disk.
I have never done any of this before.

But these cards tell me it's gonna work out.

I am terrified. 👻
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Re: JM's Scary Deck: Thoth of course!

Post by Nemia »

It certainly is, your interpretation makes total sense. And think about the relationship between Chariot and Cups - you'll be more than happy in the end. So much you'll dream about your next Apple already!

The Thoth is simply wonderful!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

An update: It's now almost 10pm here and I have my laptop back and fully restored the backup.

Success! Looking forward to tomorrow, so much to do! And I am so relieved I finally got this done. I was really nervous about it but it went really smoothly.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Today I asked the scary question: How do I move things forward and not stand in my own way?

We all do that sometimes. An extreme version would be more like self-sabotage. Usually it's just tripping over your own feet.
I went for a French Cross ala Crowley:
Thoth Tuesday.jpg

I actually did study this and wrote some in my journal. But I am going to sum it up in a quote from Nietzsche:
"Do not cast away the hero in your soul. Hold holy your highest hope."

I'm seeing here a message about not selling myself short, not getting flustered and literally tripping over my own feet.
I need to step back. Be quiet and listen, be open to ideas and not just barrel forward. Cultivate a bit of cool in my approach. Allow things to happen around me.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

What a week. I mean, it's scary not in any dangerous way, just in the ways that life keeps you guessing.

Today I drew:
tumblr_dba51259aa85097362762bfdf9730313_7cf8aa72_500.jpg

Here's the deal. I have a Kickstarter going and I shortened the time because every Kickstarter lulls in the middle and it's just excruciating. Every time.
My Kickstarters have all been nail-biters. I'm just not one of those "200% funded in 3 hours" kinda gals.
No I have to really work for it.

I am more used to how it goes though.
But the crickets are really loud today.

This spread is reminding me to just relax. Not focus too much on results. And maybe even just step away some.
Whatever happens, it's all good.

I'm seriously thinking though, making the next one like a week long. :lol:
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Joan Marie wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 08:31 Then the 7 of Disks, Failure. So literally DISK FAILURE (my hard drive is failing according to a diagnostic test I had last week and also the way it's acting) but this is just a little bit too ON THE FREAKING NOSE!!!
Love it. I have had the same kind of experience with the Thoth, more than with other decks. Sometimes there seems to be a mischief-maker in there. Hard not to feel that Crowley has written himself into the cards somehow.

Return to “Week 44 - My Deck of the Week”