This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Halloween Circle: Rachelcat reads for Amoroso

Rachelcat
Sage

Halloween Circle: Rachelcat reads for Amoroso

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! We haven't partnered before. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm thinking I'm going to use the LS Dark Grimoire Tarot, but I haven't figured out a spread yet. Something will come to me, I'm sure.

Please let me know if you have a question, topic, or subject you want to talk about. And we'll take if from there!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Amoroso
Sage

Re: Halloween Circle: Rachelcat reads for Amoroso

Post by Amoroso »

Hi Rachelcat! I'm glad to finally be paired with you.

I just want to ask what significant challenges will I face for the rest of the year, and how they can be effectively met.

The Dark Grimoire looks cool. Is it a Lovecraftian deck?
Start strong
End stronger
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Yes! I tried to get into Lovecraft for a while. I had Donald Tyson's deck and books. But it was all just too racist (Lovecraft, not Tyson!). But I kept the Dark Grimoire because I like it better than the Tyson Llewellyn one. It's not just all monster-y; it has some interesting tarot ideas. And I like the artwork. Same artist as the Mona Lisa and 2012 Ascension decks. (I think. Or brothers maybe?)

Thanks for your reading question. I'll be back with a reading for you today or tomorrow!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Omg! It took me 24 hours of hard thinking to come up with a Halloween spread that I could live with! (I'm such a spread nerd.) Well, here it is. I hope it works for your reading.

Witch’s Hat Halloween Spread

-4-5
2-1-3

1. Costume. You in relation to the issue.
2. Trick. Something going against you.
3. Treat. Something going for you.
4. Run away. Don’t do this.
5. Knock on the door. Do this.
6. Goodie bag. What you get (outcome).

On to your reading now!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Amoroso wrote: 16 Oct 2020, 08:05 I just want to ask what significant challenges will I face for the rest of the year, and how they can be effectively met.
Amoroso 10-18-20.jpg

You: The Fool
This poor fool is a mental patient surrounded by his nightmares. He has gone where maybe he shouldn’t have. But there is a light on him. He can choose to journey to the light or into the darkness of his own mind. You have the same choice. Your future and challenges are coming. You can go into them thinking they’re scary or they’re neutral or learning experiences.

Trick: Knave of Pentacles
You may run into someone who thinks they know everything about money and/or the secrets of pyramids and the ancients. But they don’t. They’re just a beginner and probably know less than you do. So beware of investment schemes and/or trusting someone setting themselves up as an authority on, well, anything.

Treat: The World
The other side of the pyramid! In the next few months, you will have an opportunity to learn and achieve some of your dearest dreams. Trust that your efforts will come to a successful conclusion.

Don’t do this: 3 Pentacles
Don’t try to paint a portrait of a demon, even a willing one. I don’t really know what that means at all, but I had to say it! I think the real advice of this card is don’t try to monetize your wonderful successes. They will mean much more than any coins they will bring your way.

Do this: Queen of Chalices
Listen to your intuition and your gut feelings. If you’re feeling confused about what to do, close your eyes and still yourself, and the answer will come to you easily.

Outcome: 10 Chalices
The wonderful opportunity for success of the World will come about, and it will benefit others as well as yourself. The world as far as your eye can see will be your happy family.

Well, there you go! A very positive reading with such a shadowy deck! Please let me know what you think. I’m eager to hear your thoughts!

Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Rachelcat wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 18:23 You: The Fool
This poor fool is a mental patient surrounded by his nightmares. He has gone where maybe he shouldn’t have. But there is a light on him. He can choose to journey to the light or into the darkness of his own mind. You have the same choice. Your future and challenges are coming. You can go into them thinking they’re scary or they’re neutral or learning experiences.
What a stunner of an opener. This one honed in on the very concern that was bugging me when I formulated my question. So accurate.
Trick: Knave of Pentacles
You may run into someone who thinks they know everything about money and/or the secrets of pyramids and the ancients. But they don’t. They’re just a beginner and probably know less than you do. So beware of investment schemes and/or trusting someone setting themselves up as an authority on, well, anything.
I think I understand where this warning is aimed at. Right now, especially with all the uncertainty, I'm risk-averse when it comes to my investments. There is one area that I'm currently exploring though, and I'll take your counsel against false authority to mind.
Treat: The World
The other side of the pyramid! In the next few months, you will have an opportunity to learn and achieve some of your dearest dreams. Trust that your efforts will come to a successful conclusion.
From The Fool to The World! Thank you, this gives me some much-needed motivation to keep truckin', even against considerable challenges.
Don’t do this: 3 Pentacles
Don’t try to paint a portrait of a demon, even a willing one. I don’t really know what that means at all, but I had to say it! I think the real advice of this card is don’t try to monetize your wonderful successes. They will mean much more than any coins they will bring your way.
This is solid, usable advice. I must consider the long-term advantages an option would give me rather than the immediate pecuniary gain it'll confer.
Do this: Queen of Chalices
Listen to your intuition and your gut feelings. If you’re feeling confused about what to do, close your eyes and still yourself, and the answer will come to you easily.
As a reader, I'm more the type who goes by the books I read and the knowledge I glean and I guess this pretty much extends to most areas of my life. I guess this time I have to put some trust in my instincts, and not be afraid to let the Queen of Chalices guide me in my decisions.
Outcome: 10 Chalices
The wonderful opportunity for success of the World will come about, and it will benefit others as well as yourself. The world as far as your eye can see will be your happy family.

Well, there you go! A very positive reading with such a shadowy deck! Please let me know what you think. I’m eager to hear your thoughts!
Thank you so much, Rachelcat. Not only because I like the outcome of your reading, but because it is on point even in aspects of my situation that I haven't even hinted at. Your advices are pragmatic too and not vague at all.

(Advanced) Happy Halloween!
Start strong
End stronger
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'm glad it all made some sense to you and that it helps you.

I'm surprised at how easily this deck reads!

I'm a by the book reader, too, but tarot continually pushes me to open doors of intuition, bit by bit!

Thanks for the lovely feedback. Happy Halloween to you!

dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Rachelcat wrote: 18 Oct 2020, 17:56 Witch’s Hat Halloween Spread
-4-5
2-1-3
This is a great spread.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thank you! I really wanted to do a jack o'lantern, you know, eyes, nose, mouth, but I couldn't figure out the position meanings. I guess sometimes simpler is better!

Please use the witch's hat at will!

Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Rachelcat wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 16:53 Yes! I tried to get into Lovecraft for a while. I had Donald Tyson's deck and books. But it was all just too racist (Lovecraft, not Tyson!). But I kept the Dark Grimoire because I like it better than the Tyson Llewellyn one. It's not just all monster-y; it has some interesting tarot ideas. And I like the artwork. Same artist as the Mona Lisa and 2012 Ascension decks. (I think. Or brothers maybe?)
I seriously like the Necronomicon. Not only does it have a sizable companion book, it's also written by Donald Tyson. I think it will make a great winter deck.

I have a huge Lovecraft book that collects his entire oeuvre. I've read some of the stories, but not yet his racist ones (yikes!).

The Cthulhu mythos is still going strong, having inspired countless books, films, etc. even up to the present. And now I'm curious about how it'd translate to the Tarot.
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Halloween Reading Circle - hosted by Charlie Brown”