This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Halloween Reading Circle 2020 - Nemia reads for RachelCat

Nemia
Sage

Halloween Reading Circle 2020 - Nemia reads for RachelCat

Post by Nemia »

Dear RachelCat, do you like the Ghosts and Spirits Tarot? or should we find another one? I can also offer Night Sun and Deviant Moon for spookiness ;-)
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Halloween Reading Circle 2020 - Nemia reads for RachelCat

Post by Rachelcat »

Hiya!

Oh, let's try the Ghosts and Spirits. Sounds interesting, and totally not something I would have or use for myself.

(I have been tempted by the Night Sun a couple of times, but, really, what would I do with it? (Says she who has 2 vampire decks. :roll: ))

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I have a bad case of the shingles, for ten days now I'm filled up with painkillers and the level of pain doesn't really go down. It's bearable (which it wasn't the first three days) but hardly. So I'm not in any shapy to touch cards by now :-( I hope over the next few days my health will improve!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope you get better very, very soon! Certainly don't worry about me. Just worry about getting better!

(Now I think I'll get that vaccination . . . Just sayin.)

I'll send you some healing vibes later this afternoon. Let me know how you're feeling, when you feel like it!

Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Here we are, a full Halloween Moon is outside and I picked a spread I like. It's from Tarot Girl.

This is the spread:

Halloween-Tarot-Spread-Tarotgirl.jpg

The spread positions:

1. The Costume - what do you want to be this year?

2. Possessed! What drives and inspires you?

3. Candy - how to get more sweetness out of your life

4. Haunted - Ghosts from the past

5. Monsters and Goblins - Fears and negative habits (that you're ready to let go - or should)

6. (added last - I put it upright) RIP - how to banish those ghosts for good!

The deck: Lisa Hunt's Ghosts and Spirits Tarot

And the reading:

2020 halloween.jpg

1. The Costume - what do you want to be this year?

1 swan maiden.jpg

Temperance- Swan Maiden.

The Swan Maiden lives in two worlds - in the deep waters of serenity and dreams, and in the real, human world. It's interesting that the costume position is filled by a card that shows the swan feathers like a costume that can be shed. But of course it's something much deeper than just a costume, and you're not not really seeking for a new costume but something more meaningful. You want to throw off the routine mask that you have to show to the world at times, and want to become the Swan Maiden that you know you are.

The Swan Maiden can be forced to live in her human form when someone steals one feather - but as soon as she finds the feather again, she can return to her element. You will find your element over the next years and dive into the deep waters that feel well-known and welcoming, even if you haven't visited them in years. You fill find there creativity that you once thought lost, old dreams, and a renewed sense of authenticity - finding yourself again.

2. Possessed! What drives and inspires you?

2 lares and lemures.jpg

Two of Pentacles. Lares and Lemures - the two kinds of Roman house ghosts. The Lares were much-honoured protective spirits of the house. Even after you leave your parental home, you retain strong bonds to your family and ancestor, and to the region where you come from. Don't suppress these bonds and don't feel oppressed by too much protectiveness from home. Take from your heritage what you need. It will inspire and nourish you.

The Lemures are threatening and frightening spirits of the dead. If the Lares protect and help you, the Lemures will haunt you. Old family secrets and taboos you learned in childhood can limit you, and you may find it difficult to un-learn unhelpful messages from people of your past.

Both influences are present in your life, the good and bad ones. You may feel torn at times by voices from the past, especially your childhood, that tell you different things, strengthening you - weakening you. You will have to find the way to face the Lemures and reject them, and accept the Lares for the support they give.

If you feel it helps, check out Feng Shui or other teachings on how to spirit-proof your home against evil influences, and put up an altar to honour the good spirits of the home.

3. Candy - how to get more sweetness out of your life

3 ruebezahl.jpg

Ace of Pentacles - Rübezahl. This is a well-known ghost to me who lives in the Riesengebirge mountains in Silesia which once belonged to Germany, today to Poland. He is a wild, untamed spirit, loves nature, gives his heart, is sometimes naive. It's a clear sign that you should let down your guard sometimes and go for what you want and need. Grow your turnips (Rübe in German) and count them (Zahl is number), but run around in forests, climb mountains and sing wild songs to the wind. Disappointments don't hurt after a while. Make a new start, take good care of your health and body, and create the life you'd love to live.

And don't forget - sweetness can even be found in ugly, simple turnips. Sugar beets are turnips, too. Don't turn down sweetness that appears a bit turnip-shaped at first. The inner values count.

4. Haunted - Ghosts from the past

4 dryad.jpg

The Hermit - Dryad. Who is the beautiful but fierce person who isolated herself from you and hurt you? Dryads are wonderful creatures and who doesn't love the scene when in the Narnia movies we recognize the wood nymph through Lucy's eyes? But this magical creature has hurt you in some way in the past and has withheld from you what she should have given you. (It can also be a HE but I use the SHE here because it's a Dryad on the card).

The Dryad can also mean a place of retreat that you lost and would love to find again.

5. Monsters and Goblins - Fears and negative habits (that you're ready to let go - or should)

5 doppelgaenger.jpg

The Doppelgänger - another German word, well, aren't you lucky a German is reading for you? This is your shadow, and the reason a Doppelgänger doesn't have a shadow is simply - it IS the shadow itself. Your Doppelgänger may look at you sometimes in the mirror, reflecting the worst image you have of yourself. Everything that you dislike about yourself and torture yourself with - let it go. Embrace your Doppelgänger and set her free. She doesn't want to be chained to you any less than you want to be haunted by her. She is your weakness, self doubt and embarrassing memory - be kind to her and yourself and accept her as she is. Then, she will fade away and won't have power over you any more.

6. (added last - I put it upright) RIP - how to banish those ghosts for good!

6 wessington.jpg

Three of Swords - the Phantom Rickshaw, Mrs. Wessington's Ghost. I had to read her story because I didn't know it before. The LWB was not enough, I was curious.

So - this is the story of an unhappy love, a rejection, a disappointment - and the consequences of this sad event poison the lives of both rejector and rejected. Is there a humiliating memory that still haunts you, that damaged your self confidence? or did a person you once rejected or disappointed leave you with a painful message?

Whatever it is, now is the time to let it go. The past is in the past. Make a ritual to let go of the old memory. Whatever this person told you about yourself is NOT true and was said in order to hurt. By remembering it, you give this person and this memory too much power. It has to stop.

I hope there was something helpful in this reading!

ETA: Sorry I made a mistake - I'm really sorry and this never happened to me - I mixed up the cards when I took the photo, I'll correct the photos. I should have taken the photos immediately after the reading!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thanks for the reading! I hope this means you're feeling much better!

I'll read through carefully and come back with some feedback for you.

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

A very insightful reading! Here’s my feedback.
Nemia wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:53 1. The Costume - what do you want to be this year?

Temperance- Swan Maiden.

The Swan Maiden lives in two worlds - in the deep waters of serenity and dreams, and in the real, human world. It's interesting that the costume position is filled by a card that shows the swan feathers like a costume that can be shed. But of course it's something much deeper than just a costume, and you're not really seeking for a new costume but something more meaningful. You want to throw off the routine mask that you have to show to the world at times, and want to become the Swan Maiden that you know you are.

The Swan Maiden can be forced to live in her human form when someone steals one feather - but as soon as she finds the feather again, she can return to her element. You will find your element over the next years and dive into the deep waters that feel well-known and welcoming, even if you haven't visited them in years. You will find there creativity that you once thought lost, old dreams, and a renewed sense of authenticity - finding yourself again.
My numerological number based on my birthday is 5, so I always say I’m a Hierophant trying to be a Temperance. And I really like your interpretation here, trying to be more myself. I’ve been on that path for about 5 years now, and I’m ready to find creativity and dreams.
Nemia wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:53 2. Possessed! What drives and inspires you?

Two of Pentacles. Lares and Lemures - the two kinds of Roman house ghosts. The Lares were much-honoured protective spirits of the house. Even after you leave your parental home, you retain strong bonds to your family and ancestor, and to the region where you come from. Don't suppress these bonds and don't feel oppressed by too much protectiveness from home. Take from your heritage what you need. It will inspire and nourish you.

The Lemures are threatening and frightening spirits of the dead. If the Lares protect and help you, the Lemures will haunt you. Old family secrets and taboos you learned in childhood can limit you, and you may find it difficult to un-learn unhelpful messages from people of your past.

Both influences are present in your life, the good and bad ones. You may feel torn at times by voices from the past, especially your childhood, that tell you different things, strengthening you - weakening you. You will have to find the way to face the Lemures and reject them, and accept the Lares for the support they give.

If you feel it helps, check out Feng Shui or other teachings on how to spirit-proof your home against evil influences, and put up an altar to honour the good spirits of the home.
I revealed an old secret (it was mine) recently, and it helped me shed more of the pain of the past. I hope it didn’t do any harm, but I think it helped him, too. I’m not sure about finding good things in my heritage, but that could mean just treasuring my 91 year old mom and listening to what she has to say. There may be some good things there that I’ve missed so far!
Nemia wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:53 3. Candy - how to get more sweetness out of your life

Ace of Pentacles - Rübezahl. This is a well-known ghost to me who lives in the Riesengebirge mountains in Silesia which once belonged to Germany, today to Poland. He is a wild, untamed spirit, loves nature, gives his heart, is sometimes naive. It's a clear sign that you should let down your guard sometimes and go for what you want and need. Grow your turnips (Rübe in German) and count them (Zahl is number), but run around in forests, climb mountains and sing wild songs to the wind. Disappointments don't hurt after a while. Make a new start, take good care of your health and body, and create the life you'd love to live.

And don't forget - sweetness can even be found in ugly, simple turnips. Sugar beets are turnips, too. Don't turn down sweetness that appears a bit turnip-shaped at first. The inner values count.
I love your turnip idea here! I’m finding more and more that simplicity is the best way to find the sweetness of life! And listening to your body and enjoying nature. Great advice for me!
Nemia wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:53 4. Haunted - Ghosts from the past

The Hermit - Dryad. Who is the beautiful but fierce person who isolated herself from you and hurt you? Dryads are wonderful creatures and who doesn't love the scene when in the Narnia movies we recognize the wood nymph through Lucy's eyes? But this magical creature has hurt you in some way in the past and has withheld from you what she should have given you. (It can also be a HE but I use the SHE here because it's a Dryad on the card).

The Dryad can also mean a place of retreat that you lost and would love to find again.
I don’t know why I’m saying this, but I think it’s me. I was free and fierce until I wasn’t. Until couldn’t be. I let life take that away from me. I hope she’s coming back now.
Nemia wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:53 5. Monsters and Goblins - Fears and negative habits (that you're ready to let go - or should)

The Doppelgänger - another German word, well, aren't you lucky a German is reading for you? This is your shadow, and the reason a Doppelgänger doesn't have a shadow is simply - it IS the shadow itself. Your Doppelgänger may look at you sometimes in the mirror, reflecting the worst image you have of yourself. Everything that you dislike about yourself and torture yourself with - let it go. Embrace your Doppelgänger and set her free. She doesn't want to be chained to you any less than you want to be haunted by her. She is your weakness, self doubt and embarrassing memory - be kind to her and yourself and accept her as she is. Then, she will fade away and won't have power over you any more.
Yes, I’ve been seeing her lately. When my situation was dire, I basically shut down. I continue to be so full of regrets that I couldn’t be the parent I should have been. I see myself at the time as a kind of run down drone that just kept going because somebody had to. I didn’t have time or space or energy to be the supportive, warm mother I wanted to be. And I really didn’t protect my son enough from the dire situation I was having trouble protecting myself from. But he’s a grown man now, and you can’t change the past. I just have to do the best I can going forward and let go of what I wasn’t. I know he understands now how it was, and that helps me stay positive going forward.
Nemia wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 19:53 6. (added last - I put it upright) RIP - how to banish those ghosts for good!

Three of Swords - the Phantom Rickshaw, Mrs. Wessington's Ghost. I had to read her story because I didn't know it before. The LWB was not enough, I was curious.

So - this is the story of an unhappy love, a rejection, a disappointment - and the consequences of this sad event poison the lives of both rejector and rejected. Is there a humiliating memory that still haunts you, that damaged your self confidence? or did a person you once rejected or disappointed leave you with a painful message?

Whatever it is, now is the time to let it go. The past is in the past. Make a ritual to let go of the old memory. Whatever this person told you about yourself is NOT true and was said in order to hurt. By remembering it, you give this person and this memory too much power. It has to stop.
Like I said, I’ve been letting go for a while now. It’s amazing how long it takes! Realizations come and work for a while, and then another realization to deal with, and then another. I’m starting to have realizations that I am responsible for the way I lived, even though I know I was not the “guilty party.” I’ve long let go of blame and recrimination of others, but there always seems to be more blame for me. Still so much to let go of. But I think I just have to work through it as long as it takes. It’s true that remembering all of the bad stuff doesn’t really help. The realizations do.

Thank you so much for the reading. It’s right that a Halloween reading should be about letting go of the spooks of the past. This brought things up for me, but the way you talked about it all is very positive and encouraging!

Happy Halloween to you!

Return to “Halloween Reading Circle - hosted by Charlie Brown”