This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

HALLOWEEN CIRCLE

Charlie Brown
Sage

HALLOWEEN CIRCLE

Post by Charlie Brown »

Sign-up here for this month's Halloween reading circle. There are only two rules:
  • You must use a Halloween themed deck
  • You must use a Halloween themed spread
You will choose your own Halloween themed spread based on what you think is a good match to the question. There are many, many spreads to be found across the bowels of the internet. A simple google search for "halloween tarot spread" will turn up a lot.

Here's a link to one that I like well enough

DON'T WORRY... you can even "halloween-ize" your favorite basic spreads. Here's a spooky gloss on your basic past-present-future
  • The ghosts that haunt you from the past
  • The goblins that spook you in the present
  • The pumpkins that are your future harvest
taken from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/218776494385150978/
I believe in Crystal Light.
Amoroso
Sage

Re: HALLOWEEN CIRCLE

Post by Amoroso »

I'd like to join. But by Halloween-themed deck, may we use any deck from here?:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/halloween.shtml
Start strong
End stronger
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I don't have a speicifically Halloween themed deck but would the Ghosts and Spirits be okay? It's spooky :-)
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hmmm, witches or vampires?

And looks like its time to finish that jack-o-lantern spread I've been thinking about!

Thanks for leading us! It will be rad!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Nemia wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 12:02 I don't have a speicifically Halloween themed deck
Me too, but I have some horror-themed decks if Charlie will allow them.
Start strong
End stronger
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

In my childhood, there was no Halloween in our country, and when people started to celebrate it in the American style, I didn't live there any more. So I don't really know what it is, I never experienced Halloween myself, only saw it in movies etc. But I remember that from my bedroom as a child, I could see a far-away Catholic graveyard, and it was full of red lights that night. I ddn't know then that they were grave lights, and they fascinated me, and frightened me a bit.

When I remember those Allerheiligen nights, a spread appears in my mind. The window - the tree - the lights of the dead...
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Nemia wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 12:02 I don't have a speicifically Halloween themed deck but would the Ghosts and Spirits be okay? It's spooky :-)
Sure
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Amoroso wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 15:05
Nemia wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 12:02 I don't have a speicifically Halloween themed deck
Me too, but I have some horror-themed decks if Charlie will allow them.
I'll leave it to you to decide what's Halloween themed. I presume a horror deck is ok.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Alrighty
Start strong
End stronger
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Oh gosh I would love to join but I don't have any Halloween themed decks. Maybe the English Magic deck can count because of the colors? I don't have a lot of tarot decks and themed ones less :cry:
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

qndynes wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 18:30 Oh gosh I would love to join but I don't have any Halloween themed decks. Maybe the English Magic deck can count because of the colors? I don't have a lot of tarot decks and themed ones less :cry:
As I said, I'll leave it to you. I'm almost as curious about English magic as I am about English women and English Cider, so I say lets do it.

Apropos of little, I had a series of dreams where the Queen was driving me around London showing me the sights. Ultimately, Prince Charles said I was distracting her from her duties and had to got back to the states. Her garden was lovely. I don't mean that as a double entendre.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Charlie Brown wrote: 09 Oct 2020, 03:42
qndynes wrote: 08 Oct 2020, 18:30 Oh gosh I would love to join but I don't have any Halloween themed decks. Maybe the English Magic deck can count because of the colors? I don't have a lot of tarot decks and themed ones less :cry:
As I said, I'll leave it to you. I'm almost as curious about English magic as I am about English women and English Cider, so I say lets do it.

Apropos of little, I had a series of dreams where the Queen was driving me around London showing me the sights. Ultimately, Prince Charles said I was distracting her from her duties and had to got back to the states. Her garden was lovely. I don't mean that as a double entendre.
Hahaha thank you for this, pretty interested dreaming about the queen and distracting her from her duties sighting around London. I figured the deck has the color tone requirement for fall and it has a fall/autumn feel to it so that could possibly cover some of the halloween aesthetic requirement. Plus, I've never used it! I keep it because I have tender feelings toward it in connection to a lost friend, so I have it wrapped and put quietly away at all times. It would be nice to take it out and see how it reads.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'll be assigning partners at the end of the weekend, so if you want to sign up, sign up now.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Partners have been assigned and I'll be sending out PMs toot sweet.

Return to “Halloween Reading Circle - hosted by Charlie Brown”