This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Why no Tapatalk?

Support links and helpful advice for using the forum to its fullest.
For Members and Guests
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Why no Tapatalk?

Post by Joan Marie »

I know this is a popular app with many people. But I have made the decision to not install it here and for those of you who are interested, I would like to explain.

I did try and install it and in the process, which did not go well, I contacted Tapatalk "support." When that proved unhelpful I turned to the developers of the software the forum uses and was informed very clearly, that Tapatalk is not an approved app for this software. There are numerous issues with it causing stability problems and some very concerning security issues.

Tapatalk is aware of these issues but has not yet addressed them sufficiently to become an approved app on one of the world's most popular forum software platforms (the one we use here).

I was strongly advised by several individuals on the forum software support team to not install the app. I was also advised to have a look at the sheer number of issues regarding Tapatalk that have been brought to the support team and which they can do nothing about because they have not approved the Tapatalk app and are very clear about that. I did have a look. It was very convincing that this app causes issues we do not want to have.

That said, the current versions of the forum software (and we run the most current version) are designed to work beautifully on phones, which as I understand it, makes Tapatalk unnecessary for it's most valued function.

Try using the forum as it is and I am sure you will find it very usable without the app. Again, please know that I tried. I really did want to accommodate everyone's preferences. I apologise to those of you who find this disappointing. I made the choice to prioritise the forum's stability and security and to take what I considered to be very sound advice from very sound advisors.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
CharlotteK
Sage

Re: Why no Tapatalk?

Post by CharlotteK »

I'm a Tapatalk user for some forums, but I agree if it is unnecessary for CoT - the site works extremely well on my mobile.
Flaxen
Seer

Post by Flaxen »

I agree. The site works very well on my mobile - very user-friendly.
Sumada
Seeker

Post by Sumada »

So far so good....
I found Tapatalk vital for using AT on my phone, but Cot running fine as is thank you.

Return to “Forum Tips, Tech Assistance & Guest Info”