This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Emoji keyboard on Windows Tip

Support links and helpful advice for using the forum to its fullest.
For Members and Guests
AstralPasta
Sage

Emoji keyboard on Windows Tip

Post by AstralPasta »

Lmao

okay, SO. This isn't exactly a forum tip. But it's incentive for me to type on a PC more than a s&@#% phone.

It's no secret that I'm a fan of emojis around here, I'm sure. In my defense, I think it's because I like graphic novels, webcomics, manga and I'm a more visual person? Or because I'm a spaz who can't write. Anyway!

On windows you press the Windows key and the Period button. And an emoji keyboard will show up. Someone out there is weeping. It's okay.

Here are screenshots.
0.PNG
02.PNG
02.PNG (22.4 KiB) Viewed 1897 times

🍞 Amazing. You just have to press enter and escape and you can use your keyboard to select.

On mac you can do "Command + Control + Spacebar" , whatever that means. Or go to your keyboard preferences and change things. Idk. 😒

Ahahahaa 🌈✨🧝🏾‍♀️🧙🏾‍♂️🌳⭐🍰🥞🦑 Wonderful. Alrighty, I'm done. Also, I love how this forum displays emojis. They're better and cuter and more wholesome. 😤

edit: GASP ╰(*°▽°*)╯ they have these guys too! My life is over.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Emoji keyboard on Windows Tip

Post by Joan Marie »

🦋🐛🎬☮️👽🦋🐇🌿🌾💐🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌓🌔🌈☀️🌤☂️☂️☃️

Oh my god it's true.

Took me a minute to sort it out.
On a mac

ctrl+cmd+spacebar and the emoji window pops up
THEN, enter
then esc

and you're in emoji land. When you're done just click the little x in the corner to get back to reality.

wow. ☂️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Ahahahaha!!! 🍴🔥😈🔥🍴 Yes!!!

Dammit, I still haven't had breakfast. It's all because of emojiland!

Is it weird I love using emojis (so long as they aren't ugly), but absolutely hate emojis in any other setting? Like on clothes or purses or smartphone cases. I just hate them. But these are cute 🥞
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Wonderful. Who would have thought that just a little windows button and a fullstop would bring such riches. Thanks for the tip AstralPasta.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

AstralPasta wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 18:30
Dammit, I still haven't had breakfast. It's all because of emojiland!
If you're still at breakfast, here is something else that can delay you for a while. I've been wanting to tell you for a long time, but didn't know in which forum to put it. I'll slip it in here.

AstralPasta, did you know that your name is famous throughout all galaxies ? Although you used to be known on earth as Germaine.

In the 70s and 80s, on French television, the makers of pasta Lustucru (which still exist today) had a series of hugely popular adverts on television, featuring an old woman, rather bolshy but motherly all the same, who was sort of the “symbol” of their pasta for a while in television advertising. There’s a video on youtube for you to see your humble beginnings as Germaine before becoming the great ASTRALPASTA known by all aliens in all time and space dimensions. I can only assume you're using your space name here. Did the aliens finally let you come home ?

I’ve translated the video into English below it so you’ll understand what they're saying. It’s a very funny ad. People still remember it today and it's sort of transmitted down through the generations.

Germaine : But what's going on here, I want to stay at home for heaven's sake !

( Germaine arrives on the planet of the aliens after having been kidnapped from her home.)

Germaine : What? You brought me all this way just to taste my Lustrucru?

Aliens : Yes !

Germaine : Aren’t you a bit crazy ?

Aliens : There’s nothing crazy about Lustrucrus.

Germaine : So get out give me some space !

Aliens (at the table) : Germaine, Germaine !!!

Germaine : It’s coming !

Aliens : Ooooooooh.

Germaine (tapping the hand of an alien) : Use a fork !

Germaine : So who’s going to take me home now ???

Alien (with a slightly sinister tone) : Take you home ? Noooo…..
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Bumping this up for those who do not know.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Diana wrote: 13 Oct 2019, 20:20 AstralPasta, did you know that your name is famous throughout all galaxies ? Although you used to be known on earth as Germaine.

In the 70s and 80s, on French television, the makers of pasta Lustucru (which still exist today) had a series of hugely popular adverts on television, featuring an old woman, rather bolshy but motherly all the same, who was sort of the “symbol” of their pasta for a while in television advertising. There’s a video on youtube for you to see your humble beginnings as Germaine before becoming the great ASTRALPASTA known by all aliens in all time and space dimensions. I can only assume you're using your space name here. Did the aliens finally let you come home ?
haha! I forgot to look at this until just now. I'm almost tempted to change my handle to Germaine. Or back to Germaine? 🤔 It's been so long, perhaps I've had many names by now. The meme-cloud of my delicious pasta has melded with my spirit and transformed my ego-self. What is higher than AstralPasta? As my popularity expands perhaps I will become Universal-Linguini. Who knows. 👵🏻🍝🌌

Thanks for translating :D

Return to “Forum Tips, Tech Assistance & Guest Info”